• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How fast have you driven your Mercedes-Benz?

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Saw this thread in MBWorld and thought maybe I will post the same question here. Those Yanks with their big cc Mercs were clocking till the speed limiter kicks in....

Not encouraging speeding here, just a posting to satisfy that curiousity.

W203, C180k - 180 km/h

still feeling good and stable at that speed but my "speed limiter" beside made a lot of noise.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dun think you had done 270km/h on your W124 right?

for our W124 i4 think max can only be 220 to 240Km/h

unless using the 400E/500E that different league liao!!

just think all AMGs/Ms/Ss/Proc mostly german makes that fly on the autobahn!

my sis only managed to see a solo RX8 flying, no other jap cars dare to be on the autobahn!

hmmm...

SLK R170 Non Kompressor - 210 (eons ago)

C200 W203 - 210 with full load

W211 - 230

Actually Autobahn cant really drive that fast. It is too crowded and only certain section of the road is spd unlimited. Most time you are capped at 120km/h

How fast those crazy buggers go u say ? I drove at 230km/h and was overtaken by bimmer towing a ferrari on his trailer.... Drove at 160km/h and was overtaken by a Vito Van...

The porsche can really run, they appear as a black dot in your rear view mirror and within seconds a black dot in your windscreen..

Ahh yes.. Europe trip, need to go again...

Guest kepiting1sg
what to do smoke & age catching up, seriously must consider quit smoking.

Walau eh!

U still young & handchum lah!

Not Unker want to be law saw!

Before I went NS, I was smoking 5 packs of 20 a day + a few more packs if playing majong or billiards.

I used to gip excuses that I m a Strong Willed Person i.e a strong will not to gip up smoking.

A sign sit in in my Batam Office for the last 17 years.

"Be Kind To Smokers! We Don't Have Much Time Left!"

How f$#kin true that was!!!! :P

I was lying in bed @ SGH after my 1st mild stroke and looking at my young wife & son.

I told the doctor I will take his lousy advice to gip up smoking and live a healthier life style.

I told myself, "Not this will be my last stick but that last stick was the one 1/2 an hr. ago"

After 30+ years of smoking, I managed to quit smoking for the last 3 1/2 years.

I still lup to smell cigarette smoke! ;D

After the initial walking & jogging I stopped totally and that followed by another 2 more mild strokes.

6 mths. ago, the doctor told me I am diabetic and recommend me to lose 10% of my weight i.e 8.5 kg.

Started out jogging slowly 5 times a week, watch my diet and managed to lose 10 kg in 2 mths.

I hate jogging! How many people out there really lup jogging?

So bopian! bopian.gifno more excuses, tired lah! tomorrow lah! getting late liao lah! I think it's going to rain lah!.....wahahahah!

The sedentary life style when I hit 30s and the "hor mia" & "good food".

It's payback time with the need to "really exercise", watch what to eat and take the medication till

the day I return back the i/c to our government and go up the lori. ;D ;D ;D

Now old Unker jogs at least twice a week lasting 45 mins to an hour of slow jogging covering 6 to 8 km each time.

Sorry been law saw!

You young guys still have a long way to go!

Dun end up like me and lots of Singaporeans out there with high cholestrol level, hypertension, diabetic or heart disease.

Lup the prata, laksa, cha kway teow, bak kut teh, roast meat, chicken lice, oyster, seafood, blah! blah!

Have to control and eat in moderation! MM say eat 70% full (too late for me to learn that now! :()

Back to how fast I driven my Mercedes....hehehehe!

My 1st trip to Germany in 1988, I did 215 km/hr with a 190E on the autobahn, aircon off and going down hill.....wahahahah!

My stupid young days I did 200 km/hr on the Nicoll Highway with my souped up Alfa 2000 GTV.

I did near to 200 km/hr with my C180(4 adults) on the strech from Ipoh to Penang.

Still looking to the day I have the chance to hit past 250 km/hr.

Guest kepiting1sg

When we plan a driving trip to Penang, you can set your next record of 250 in your W203....again from Ipoh to Penang. ;)

If my W203 can do that, probably have to pickup the con rods and pistons from the road after the engine gone to pieces ;D ;D ;D

Guest Cklasse

Try la.....don't bring along the spare wheels, seats, luggage, go naked, polish your car kim kim (like SIA do to their aeroplane) to minimise drag, wait for down wind.......waaa......I wonder will these make any difference? ::)

Guest kepiting1sg

Try la.....don't bring along the spare wheels, seats, luggage, go naked, polish your car kim kim (like SIA do to their aeroplane) to minimise drag, wait for down wind.......waaa......I wonder will these make any difference? ::)

Ya hor! Cut down weight like spare wheels, I.C.E, seats, luggage, fill up just enough petrol,

use skinny tires pumped to 50 psi, drain water from windscreen washer, floor mats,

air freshener, tissue, parking coupons & GPS too. ;D ;D ;D

Cannot go naked lah! Wait mata catch how? :-\

I think polish kim kim may not have significant effect.

Also must turn off air-con & strong down wind all these helps....wahahahahah! ;D ;D ;D

Like that arh!! I think better buy more powerful car liao!!

or next trip to Germany die die must rent a super car and if still can find a stretch of quiet autobahn. ;D ;D ;D

Guest millionmilebenz

300SEL W126 - 180 km/h

Clocked this while trying to catch up with CBlack during the Malacca trip (needless to say I couldn't lah). The heavy W126 was very stable and felt like the car was built for this kind of speed. Got room to push but like Kompressor said, the car can but my heart cannot take it liao.

Guest angela

w203, c180, me with 2 other passengers

my first year of driving, still p plate, i hit 180kmph heading east on pie, just after the bukit timah speed camera all the way to TP, ok now shhhhh.

hahahaha. that was the fastest i ever went, and just after lornie exit, there was a mild left curve, the rear of the car slid out a lil and i eased the trottle. after that cruised with no acceration till TP... so dangerous yet so cool. haven't got the guts to go faster since...

Guest shox87

ehh.. for me. benz have yet to hit "that kinda high speeds"

for my ride, around 180 on NSH. was getting chased by the soup-ed up wira-lutions, waja-lutions and the kelisa-lutions.

:P

Guest shox87

my first year of driving, still p plate, i hit 180kmph heading east on pie, just after the bukit timah speed camera all the way to TP, ok now shhhhh.

hahahaha. that was the fastest i ever went, and just after lornie exit, there was a mild left curve, the rear of the car slid out a lil and i eased the trottle. after that cruised with no acceration till TP... so dangerous yet so cool. haven't got the guts to go faster since...

hey dude u sound pretty young. im jus curious. how old are u? :)

Guest angela

shox87 ]

hahahaha. that was the fastest i ever went, and just after lornie exit, there was a mild left curve, the rear of the car slid out a lil and i eased the trottle. after that cruised with no acceration till TP... so dangerous yet so cool. haven' wrote:

hey dude u sound pretty young. im jus curious. how old are u? :)

im berri young... not even 21... haha.. gonna be of age end of this mth...

don't they always say "the young and the dangerous?" or something in that sense...

you're an '87er too?

Guest CBlack

i think it was 200++ (W203) returning from the Malacca trip (maybe Cklasse can remembered. He was my nevigator cum co-driver). Was being chased by a souped up Malaysia Honda prelude :P