• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My new SLK200 from a Parallel importer.

Guest SgLaKsa

Guest Gene

good morning Otsego,

I am sure that their paint work is good.... my bonnet was done by mbm... good... now got some chips cos I was driving 150+ along jurong island... and I ganna hit by some pebbles... once there was a small stone size of almost 20 cent... hit my windscreen ... now got a small crack of a size of 20cent(3 months liao... V-kool film is preventing the spread..ha) .. ha ha.... anyway, back to your question, there will be definately slight different from old and new paint... unless spray whole car la.. >:D...

On top of that, they are professional to do a good job for you .... see the numbers of car going there for every big and small things..

no problem... you are welcome to go for a ride....

By the way, in my old group, there are 3 guys which also done up their cars even better performance than mine... I wonder are there in this forum....

Jake and Dean and Cobin .... halo, are you here???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Titan

Dear all SLK going-to-be-owners......

Yes I spent a bomb... small bomb here and there la... all add up to big bomb...over 2 years period

In fact I didn't spend all in one go..... I did the reverse way.... the first thing i did was...

Kbox... then...

sprint booster... then

header... then....

amg exhaust....

2 high flow cat.....

... then find out that the stock brake cannot take it.... too much power for the car... brake feels spongy....then I add the amg brake...

.... so got to change the stock 17" rim to 19" in order to fit in the brakes... so go order the rim and MBM install the brake....

... then i feel the car is in control..... (frankly, before i poison my car, I already felt the brake is like sponge)

..... after the rim and brake... I add the roof vario module(very very useful... chicks will love it).... then....

c230 super chrager...(WAH!.... this one you can feel the G-force man!!!).... then....

2 months ago... i add the bilstein coilover.....

If you intend to poison it... rim and brake first ... then you add the performance components.... i add each items after a few months... you get to learn more on the capability and how it behaves and not too 'shiong' on the wallet.... :yumyum:

after all these, you might get a few speeding tickets, some stone chips on bonnet(too fast la) and fast worn out tyres.... but what is all these when you drive fast or cruise topless... the feeling is :clap:.....

by the way, mine is slk 200.... I dyno it and the result is 255bhp.... 320Nm torque.... (original 163bhp, 240Nm)... i estimate can achieve 5.8s from 0 ~ 100km/hr

Working with mbm guys is a breeze.... everytime do swei swei for you.... (i believe many people can attest to that)

I am not an asethetic person when it comes to car... it looks very normal but the inside is pack with power.... you wwill get other cars wanting to race with you... FUN ....

Once you decided to poison your slk.... please do the brake first and rim first....

Any group buy for anti-dote or "posion" proof vest? wahahahaha :whip2:

By the way, in my old group, there are 3 guys which also done up their cars even better performance than mine... I wonder are there in this forum....

Jake and Dean and Cobin .... halo, are you here???

:offtopic: Lincoln and Big Mark is also in this forum! :offtopic:

Guest SgLaKsa

Dear all SLK going-to-be-owners......

Yes I spent a bomb... small bomb here and there la... all add up to big bomb...over 2 years period

In fact I didn't spend all in one go..... I did the reverse way.... the first thing i did was...

Kbox... then...

sprint booster... then

header... then....

amg exhaust....

2 high flow cat.....

... then find out that the stock brake cannot take it.... too much power for the car... brake feels spongy....then I add the amg brake...

.... so got to change the stock 17" rim to 19" in order to fit in the brakes... so go order the rim and MBM install the brake....

... then i feel the car is in control..... (frankly, before i poison my car, I already felt the brake is like sponge)

..... after the rim and brake... I add the roof vario module(very very useful... chicks will love it).... then....

c230 super chrager...(WAH!.... this one you can feel the G-force man!!!).... then....

2 months ago... i add the bilstein coilover.....

If you intend to poison it... rim and brake first ... then you add the performance components.... i add each items after a few months... you get to learn more on the capability and how it behaves and not too 'shiong' on the wallet.... :yumyum:

after all these, you might get a few speeding tickets, some stone chips on bonnet(too fast la) and fast worn out tyres.... but what is all these when you drive fast or cruise topless... the feeling is :clap:.....

by the way, mine is slk 200.... I dyno it and the result is 255bhp.... 320Nm torque.... (original 163bhp, 240Nm)... i estimate can achieve 5.8s from 0 ~ 100km/hr

Working with mbm guys is a breeze.... everytime do swei swei for you.... (i believe many people can attest to that)

I am not an asethetic person when it comes to car... it looks very normal but the inside is pack with power.... you wwill get other cars wanting to race with you... FUN ....

Once you decided to poison your slk.... please do the brake first and rim first....

Gene... er... errr... mmm.... ehhh.... Gene... I'm loss for word :iconsalut:

If 0-100 can be 5.8secs with your 19" rims, then i think it will be below 5secs if your rims are 16" man

Guest Gene

Gene... er... errr... mmm.... ehhh.... Gene... I'm loss for word

If 0-100 can be 5.8secs with your 19" rims, then i think it will be below 5secs if your rims are 16" man

My God... sounds like I ganna suan.... :surrender:

Guest SgLaKsa

Gene... er... errr... mmm.... ehhh.... Gene... I'm loss for word

My God... sounds like I ganna suan.... :surrender:

I'm so Sorry Gene, i guess you've misunderstood me and i'm sorry for causing the misunderstanding, i really meant to praise on the performance of those mods :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It is true that smaller rims will give you a better 'Pick Up' speed :rockon: Do come for the meet up okay :pray:, i'm also very, very keen on your mods :pray: Have been waiting for someone like you to show results of those mods and here you come :punk1: By the way, normally what mileage can you cover with your full tank with all those performance mods???

Guest Gene

Dear all brother and sister....

I am ok with that... dont worry.... frankly I only have one dyno result which i did it after the kleemen Kbox installed.... it show 215bhp and 300Nm torque, but you have to add the sprint booster to complete the 1st stage of power experience.....

Well, how I got the other 255 and 320Nm is ... I told you my old slk group, 8 of us, have done mod at mbm, one of them bought a used slk and he had added the supercharger + header + kbox ... I spoke to him yesterday... he told me thats what he got ... same combination as mine ... He did the dyno ... I didn't :surrender:. ... thinking if I do it, I will obtain the same result .... I intend to add a Vath intercooler next week... till then I will do the dyno la.... My result gotten from Alex(AMK), can't rememeber his shop name....I think 3rd or 4th floor. Sorry guys! I will do the result and share with you all.

I like to add one component at a time to experience the improvement. Notice that many slk would not mod their car... somehow they have this 'precious-scared-to-spolit-it' kind of attitude .... I think should do something about it and truly bring out the 'fast' car characteristic. :2guns:

Last week I drove to changi exhibition center (where audi did their test drive event) and I had a friend to note the time when i reached 100km/hr... from stand still.... achieved almost almost 6 sec! ... I repeat ... almost almost ... haha ... bear in mind... my air-con is on but under harsh acceleration, it cuts off automatically...

One more thing you guys must do.... take out the spare tyre and the barang barang inside... you dont need that... as long as you dont drive into malaysia.... its your choice.

now... about mileage... when I first bought the car...

9.5l per 100km

10.5l per 100km ... after i installed the kBox

10.7l per 100km ... after 19" rim installed

11.8l per 100km ... after i installed the supercharger ... now it covers... 500km plus minus ...

I want to share some pictures... please teach me how to attached pictures.......

Cheers!

Guest SgLaKsa

Hey Gene,

Thanks for sharing those info, really appreciate it. After all the mods, your fuel consumption is still considered very good. Mine is totally stock condition except for 17" rims (Original SLK200 is with 16") and my fuel consumption is around 600km plus minus for full tank, almost to empty. I roughly timed my 0-100 and it was aroung 9.5 secs instead of the stated 8.3 secs :banghead:

Guest johnglh

Guys, im new here. Just got my ride 2 weeks ago. Wish to join in the meeting and understand more how to improve the performance of the car(without failing inspection or getting into trouble with authority).

Feel a bit under power with standard slk 200.

Guest 2 Mercie 2

Guys, im new here. Just got my ride 2 weeks ago. Wish to join in the meeting and understand more how to improve the performance of the car(without failing inspection or getting into trouble with authority).

hi johnglh ;)

come join us for this sunday's meetup... and get poisioned legally.... wakakakaka. see you :welcome:

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi johnglh and kompressor,

Below are some information i received from MBM which u r interested in (kompressor might be interested in the dyno test), enjoy:

For having the 230 supercharger, it helps to have a higher boost to the engine system. It's orginal part from Merc benz.

For Kleemann k box system, as you have read in the website, is an enlarged and lightened crankshaft pulley to reduce engine load and to boost more for the supercharger. Includes K&N filter and V belt. There is also a fuel damper involved to maintain the fuel pressure and lastly the K-box to send signal to communicate with engine ECU.

Kleemann header with cat converter is to reduce back pressure, to " smoothen" the flow of the exhuast air. Effective esp when you push your car more.

Intercooler is to reduce the heat of the engine so as to prevent power loss from high engine temperature.

Sprint booster just amplifies the signal of the accelerator sensor to the ECU, thus you actually accelerate more with same pedal movement.

We have actually installed all of the above, and the dano reading is close to 245BHP before the engine cut off to protect from over reving...

Re-mapping only required if you want to de-limit your car. All cars are limited to 240km-250km. I can take that off for you is you ever want to drive that fast...[/i]

Guest johnglh

Hi Kompressor,

the guy who was wanting to mount the carlsson body kit ask me the question about the front side vent. Just confirm on my catalogue, its original with side vents.

I forgot to ask his nick on the forum.

Cheers

Hi Kompressor,

the guy who was wanting to mount the carlsson body kit ask me the question about the front side vent. Just confirm on my catalogue, its original with side vents.

I forgot to ask his nick on the forum.

Cheers

his nick is Ostego

hey Kompressor, sorry , I help you answer! :death: