• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My new SLK200 from a Parallel importer.

Guest SgLaKsa

Guest SgLaKsa

Hello everyone,

Would just like to share some info regarding my new SLK200 and i'm open to your comments on Pros and Cons of getting our Rides from PI.

I just got my SLK200 a week ago from a parallel importer at $22k cheaper than C&C and thats not all, the OMV is much higher (almost $52k VS $40kplus). It comes with much higher specs too.

These are the extras which i get:-

Electronic (Memory) seats both sides, steering wheel and folding mirrors.

17" Mercedes rims with 5 spokes.

Parktronic (front and rear parking sensors).

Steering wheel shift paddles.

Bi-xenon headlamps.

Remote control for the operation of Vario roof.

Draught-stop fabric.

Thats what i can remember so far.

Feel free to comment as i would like to hear more of the Down sides of buying from a PI as compared to C&C. ;D ;D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SgLaKsa

hi

welcome to the club,

well normally have to see the PI had tied up with which workshop? (the aftersales to me is more impt!)

see if they use the Original Parts!

see you later at meetup!

This PI had tied up with Comfort Delgro for the maintenance and servicing but i've requested for them to link up with MBM just for my SLK and they agreed and made the arrangements for me. I just went for my first servicing (1000km) at MBM yesterday. ;D

well normally have to see the PI had tied up with which workshop? (the aftersales to me is more impt!)

VinCar I know has MBM as authorised workshop .. there was another PI but slip my mind.

I was in discussion with VinCar abt getting the CLK but in the end had to ditch the CLK idea (nothing to do with VinCar) ... sob. :'(

Then the PI CLK200 advantgarde was almost $20K-$25K off C&C for the same model ... and with full options too ... so I am not surprise quite alot go the PI route ...

Guest SgLaKsa

VinCar I know has MBM as authorised workshop .. there was another PI but slip my mind.

I was in discussion with VinCar abt getting the CLK but in the end had to ditch the CLK idea (nothing to do with VinCar) ... sob. :'(

Then the PI CLK200 advantgarde was almost $20K-$25K off C&C for the same model ... and with full options too ... so I am not surprise quite alot go the PI route ...

Hi Raskie,

So which make and model did you end up with? Just curious :) :) :) I went to Vincar too. But they do not have all the specs which i got except memory seats and folding mirrors.

Hi Raskie,

So which make and model did you end up with? Just curious :) :) :) I went to Vincar too. But they do not have all the specs which i got except memory seats and folding mirrors.

hmm .. that's strange .. the CLK200 they quoted me with full options in Keyless-Go etc ... was contemplating between CLK200 and BMW325 Cabrio ...

kekeke ... bought 2nd hand Boxster instead ... non-Merc ... at times I do miss my W211 quite abit ...

:P

kekeke ... bought 2nd hand Boxster instead ... non-Merc ... at times I do miss my W211 quite abit ...

good choice man. it's very much a "chuckable" drivers car. did you get the S variant ?

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi Raskie,

hmm .. that's strange .. the CLK200 they quoted me with full options in Keyless-Go etc ... was contemplating between CLK200 and BMW325 Cabrio ...

:P

Do you mind letting us know the price of your Poowwerful ride ??? ;D ???

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi..though I agree that the PI options might be good...I there is something that the PI cannot offer now that C&C can..its the AMG bodykit..which I think its very important for me...

Yah agree with that, i was also drooling for the Full AMG kit with the ultra nice 4 exhaust and Rims :( did u get your ride from C&C? An SLK? ;)

good choice man. it's very much a "chuckable" drivers car. did you get the S variant ?

many of friends say me under-going mind-life crisis .. kekeke .. no lah ... wld like to but not many S variants for sale leh ... just the normal Boxster ..

wanted to go brand new but was advised to try out first ... so got a very good condition 10 year old ... mileage was less than 35k - can u beat that ... it belonged to one of the beri rich tycoon son here i heard ..

so far like it beri much ... so will hold on till the 2009 Boxster is out ... or maybe the Cayman ... just grows on me ....

SgLaKsa ... less than $150K lah ...

Guest SgLaKsa

Not yet...I am waiting for the facelift model...which should be coming in mid of next year..according to the C&C SE. U got urs already? Or still waiting?

Got mine on the 15th of this month, coming to 2 weeks already ;D i'm too impatient, can't wait that long man... might just suffocate from the unbearable wait... 6 months is a long long time to me really. :-[ anyway, it pays to be patient ;D

Guest SgLaKsa

Raskie ]

good choice man. it' wrote:

many of friends say me under-going mind-life crisis .. kekeke .. no lah ... wld like to but not many S variants for sale leh ... just the normal Boxster ..

wanted to go brand new but was advised to try out first ... so got a very good condition 10 year old ... mileage was less than 35k - can u beat that ... it belonged to one of the beri rich tycoon son here i heard ..

so far like it beri much ... so will hold on till the 2009 Boxster is out ... or maybe the Cayman ... just grows on me ....

SgLaKsa ... less than $150K lah ...

WwoOw only 35k km done in 10 yrs ah Raskie, i did that kinda mileage in less than 2 yrs on my previous civic man (but still very well maintained lah :P) lucky you man... good buy bro ;)

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi..though I agree that the PI options might be good...I there is something that the PI cannot offer now that C&C can..its the AMG bodykit..which I think its very important for me...

Hi Andlee,

Does the SLK from C&C comes with Bi-Xenon headlamps? Do you know how to differentiate visually between Bi-Xenon and normal headlamps for SLK? ???

HmmmI am not too sure on the bixenon thing...thought all SLK comes with that...

Anyway, I am bearing with it everyday...I agree with u that 6 months is a long wait...

BTW, what color is ur SLK?

Guest SgLaKsa

HmmmI am not too sure on the bixenon thing...thought all SLK comes with that...

Anyway, I am bearing with it everyday...I agree with u that 6 months is a long wait...

BTW, what color is ur SLK?

got a silver one... thought of changing my mind to go for black but they sold the black unit before i can react. in fact, they sold 3 SLKs in just 3 days. but i'm kinda happy with the silver one as it is easier to maintain than black ;D

Guest SgLaKsa

hey bro, so how much did u pay for ur SLK? seems like u got a great deal. ;)

Hi Shox87,

I got it at $178k (In Cantonese, it means "to be rich together" kekeke). By the way, i saw an imported SLK200 for sale in straits times classified section today, mileage only 2k man. Selling at $167k ;) Another gut advertised a 2yr old parallel imported one at $150k :D

Is 87 your year of Birth? ??? ???

haha yeah. 87 is my year of birth. still have a lot way to go man before "the 3 pointed star" is achievable for me man. work and save $$$.

haha. yea 178k is reallie a good price. going for any of the sgmerc meetups soon? when u collecting ur new ride? ;D

Guest SgLaKsa

haha yeah. 87 is my year of birth. still have a lot way to go man before "the 3 pointed star" is achievable for me man. work and save $$$.

haha. yea 178k is reallie a good price. going for any of the sgmerc meetups soon? when u collecting ur new ride? ;D

Wow u r rily young, onli 20 dis year :P

Sure hope to join in the fun on the next meet up ;D

Have been driving around in my SLK for two weeks already. mileage already 2k km in just 2 weeks :-[

Guest SgLaKsa

wow. bet the car muz be a good drive yea? esp top down.... :-* :-* :-*

yea you bet... prefer to have the top down on highways compared to city, not b'cos of the exhaust fumes but the many starring eyes :-[ :-[ :-[

Guest SgLaKsa

HomerRipper ]

not b' wrote:

kekeke get used to it lar it's not that bad after awhile :)

get yourself a pair of ultra cool sunnies to match!

wah ha thats even worse man... ppl will think that this guy really 'act cool' man 8) 8) my 'cool n lite' might be cool but not the driver leh kekeke :-[ :-[