• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

blackmercs wrote:

I see, yap life is short so go break yr piggy bank & starts modding!! All those W204 problems will definitely go away.

For a start, change all interior bulbs to LED, front headlight to HID & install DRL. Let me know if wants me to continue :).

You are poison king . Right ! You are ! Hahaha....... Dear new comer , watch out ! There are no antidote for his poison ! Kana his poison is worse than experiencing tsunami . Hahaha......

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lightning

6008 wrote:

You are poison king . Right ! You are ! Hahaha....... Dear new comer , watch out ! There are no antidote for his poison ! Kana his poison is worse than experiencing tsunami . Hahaha......

...blackmerc "radiation" you mean? :becky:

Guest NewC180

pleh wrote:

Hi guys,

Am new to sgmerc & would b getting my C180k v soon. I straight away zoom into this forum 2 see the problems encountered. Shd have screen the Internet more b4 I commit, alas wow so many of u having so much issues...damn worry for my new ride :shocked:

Welcome!

Our W204 is 2.5 yrs old now. Surprisingly, I don't have all these problems in the 200+ posts! Maybe if you don't have so high expectations, you wouldn't have so much problems!

Enjoy your new ride and don't worry too much. Yes, LIFE IS SHORT!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest baddy161

Clear Vision wrote:

I hv similar problem. Whenever i reverse half way or for parrallel parking there is "dong dong" sound. Suspect ball joint or CV joint. Went to C&C they test drive and NO SOUND. Come home sound come back....

SA tell me"Never mind, drive few more months if sound louder than come back!!!!

just received my ride few days back as i sent in for minor repair+33 points check for my 2nd hand car... problems are side mirror got sound as usual, car keep going left as usual, car become very bumpy dun know why plus the dong song sound when engaging 'R' gear... Got my ride after leaving there for nearly 3days but the ride is still very bumpy check suspension but nothing is wrong have to leave with it... side mirror was lubricate plus add on of new relays for both side problem solve, car still going left as told tat aligment machine down so cant do, change of gear box mounting and engine mounting plus software for gear box for the dong dong sound when engaging 'R' gear problem solve hopefully will not happen again... damage done was ride down for 3days plus $170 bucks for gear box mounting as its under wear and tear... engine mounting change base on gd will... will updates if any problems arise.... hopefully not...

• 2 weeks later...

got the message "right-hand tail lamp/brake lamp" recently. C&C quoted $200+ for replacement.. was told something to do with wiring and not just the bulb.. anyone has the same problem before ?

Guest mmkm

pc wrote:

got the message "right-hand tail lamp/brake lamp" recently. C&C quoted $200+ for replacement.. was told something to do with wiring and not just the bulb.. anyone has the same problem before ?

Yes, I do face this problem so time ago. I did not change the whole unit, managed to get a mechanic to by-pass one of the grounding's wire (-ve) direct to the unit; problem solved. Bought him a packet of kopi for work done! :)

Guest blackmercs

mmkm wrote:

Yes, I do face this problem so time ago. I did not change the whole unit, managed to get a mechanic to by-pass one of the grounding's wire (-ve) direct to the unit; problem solved. Bought him a packet of kopi for work done! :)

Any ideas when the warning "right-hand tail lamp/brake lamp" what is the actual problem?

If it is not bulb blown the wire went haywire only? after yr kopi cost mod does yr rear light bulb still function? So is earth grounding issue? Nothing more?

mmkm wrote:

Thanks for your info ! $200+ vs packet of kopi, don't know what to say...

Guest mmkm

blackmercs wrote:

Any ideas when the warning "right-hand tail lamp/brake lamp" what is the actual problem?

If it is not bulb blown the wire went haywire only? after yr kopi cost mod does yr rear light bulb still function? So is earth grounding issue? Nothing more?

Yap, still working beautifully ...for 6 mths liao. Its the negative connection pins at socket a bit loose cause elect arc, hence carbon created at joints resulting lights grow dimmer and sometimes not function.

• 3 weeks later...

My car's tachometer is fluctuation slightly when car is warming up at idle.... anyone has this problem? Any reason for the fluctuation? It goes up and down between 800-900 rpm.

Guest mbc230avg

After driving my C230 for 2 years, these were some issues:

1. Yes, there was the loud whirring noise when the wing mirrors fold/unfold. This was reduced by some gresing but nonetheless the noise was a constant.

2. Knocking sound from driver side's panel - was not resolved.

3. Emblems (front and one of the side) paint peeling - got them replaced.

4. Parking brake noise - not resolved.

5. Sort knocking sound from steering rod - reduced but not resolved.

6. Loud and constant thumping of rear suspension mounts - not resolved.

7. Wind noise around A pillars and wing mirrors at higher speeds - nothing can be done.

Final analysis: Enjoyed the drivability, high speed stability and sure-footedness. Would I buy another one? A little more towards perhaps not.

Guest MrsGoh

So is the W204 a worthwhile buy after all the problems?

I had my suspensions replaced 3 times under the warranty. I'm not sure if the latest replacement will be able to last.....

Anyone else with recurring issues?

Guest blackmercs

MrsGoh wrote:

So is the W204 a worthwhile buy after all the problems?

I had my suspensions replaced 3 times under the warranty. I'm not sure if the latest replacement will be able to last.....

Anyone else with recurring issues?

3 times!! What's yr ride & YOM?

Guest NewC180

Q: What did Mr & Mrs did in the car that they have to change suspensions 3 times???

A: _____________________________________________________________________

Guest blackmercs

NewC180 wrote:

Q: What did Mr & Mrs did in the car that they have to change suspensions 3 times???

A: _____________________________________________________________________

Arh good question +1

Guest MrsGoh

Well, its probably not Mr and Mrs. Its Master and Miss....

anyway, its a sep 10 C180 CGI.

Wonder if that's the reason that they have a new C class now?

Guest blackmercs

MrsGoh wrote:

Well, its probably not Mr and Mrs. Its Master and Miss....

anyway, its a sep 10 C180 CGI.

Wonder if that's the reason that they have a new C class now?

what's the issue on yr suspension? Tok tok noise like the rest? So hv you got back yr ride? Apart from suspension any other issues on yr ride? This is really sad!!

Guest MrsGoh

blackmercs wrote:

what's the issue on yr suspension? Tok tok noise like the rest? So hv you got back yr ride? Apart from suspension any other issues on yr ride? This is really sad!!

Yes, tok tok tok TOK TOK TOK.... Anyway, got my car back le. Hopefully it's resolved.

Oh yes, anyone has issues with battery being drained off? My car couldn't start for a few times. Even the courtesy car needed to jumpstart! And they can say it's not a problem.....

Never had those problems wif my jap cars before...

Guest blackmercs

MrsGoh wrote:

Yes, tok tok tok TOK TOK TOK.... Anyway, got my car back le. Hopefully it's resolved.

Oh yes, anyone has issues with battery being drained off? My car couldn't start for a few times. Even the courtesy car needed to jumpstart! And they can say it's not a problem.....

Never had those problems wif my jap cars before...

So many issues?? Sell it away & get the new FL ba.