• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C-Class W204 Problem

Guest cisconet

Joseph Lew, nice fellow stationed at Alexandra branch. replaced Both suspension, and Both side mirrors, eradicating annoying noises all at one go.

from the conversation with him, it seems like not all upgrades are here, i think hes trying say that they come in batches. get the hint? call now! while stocks last!

After the replacements, the cars feels much Much better.

good luck all. and Happy CNY!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chiaster

Dropped the car off at Pandan yesterday morning. Picked it up just before 6pm the same day. Had both the front absorbers replaced with the "upgraded versions". NO MORE "KNOCKING" SOUNDS! The car feels very good now. I don't have to anticipate the irritation and discomfort anymore when driving along uneven roads or over humps. Going up and down the MSCP doesn't feel so sickening anymore. Hopefully it stays this way! :)

I realized that the rattling from the glovebox has also diminished quite a fair bit. Maybe it's because the new absorbers work better and doesn't translate much vibrations to the cabin now.

Also, I experienced erratic whirring noises from my left wing mirror when the doors are opened and closed. This is a common problem shared by many of us. However, I found that the sounds only occurred during low climatic temperatures (ie. days when it rains or like the past few weeks when the nights were extremely chilly). No whirring sounds on warm days at all. Guess it's a small nuisance that I can live with.

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!!! HUAT AH!!!

:)

Guest chiaster

Unfortunately, I didn't get the SA to fix the whirring sound from the wing mirror. Maybe because I've only experienced it a few times and I find the sound almost impossible to replicate on command so I thought I'd just live with it. My occurrences thus far has only been on wet and cold days. When the weather's nice and warm, I don't hear any sounds. Perhaps you may want to check with some of us here who've successfully fixed the problem one way or another. Good luck!

dudemobile wrote:

i've got the whirring noise as well, heard it today at 31DegC. Did SA give any ideas what that was about?

Guest dudemobile

Actually, the noise is not the wing mirror motors, as the sound is heard after the wing mirrors are open. It's almost like my old skoda fuel pump, but much louder and almost sounding like it comes from the speakers. I will ask my SA to check when i go back there.

Guest blackmercs

dudemobile wrote:

Actually, the noise is not the wing mirror motors, as the sound is heard after the wing mirrors are open. It's almost like my old skoda fuel pump, but much louder and almost sounding like it comes from the speakers. I will ask my SA to check when i go back there.

U mean in the morn when u get into the car & closed the door. U can hear high pitch squeaking noise for about few seconds?

Guest blackmercs

dudemobile wrote:

something like that.. like a spoilt speaker playing a long beep tone.

Is not the speaker. Is the left side mirror motor or mechanism generating the noise. Pump in some WD 40 will helps!! Initally I thought is ghost hiding inside my ride :).

Guest apple088

dudemobile wrote:

Thanks for the tip. But why only left side?

same as mine .... already changed the mirrors for both sides but still the same.

was told by the SA its a design flaw as there is an outlet for water. but the water also wash away the lubricant esp with car washes

Next service ask them to change mirror again ...

I think that should be the motor sound when the mirror opens or closes. I had that noise before, but gone with the replacement.

i suggest that we should replace it while under warranty.

my 2 cents is that; now its noisy, some can live with it, later it could get noisier and may not open at all. Then, we can manually open it and admire the mirror's reflection of a silly face for not replacing it when its free and under warranty.

^^

Guest Siao_Gu

skoder wrote:

I think that should be the motor sound when the mirror opens or closes. I had that noise before, but gone with the replacement.

i suggest that we should replace it while under warranty.

my 2 cents is that; now its noisy, some can live with it, later it could get noisier and may not open at all. Then, we can manually open it and admire the mirror's reflection of a silly face for not replacing it when its free and under warranty.

^^

Mine is damn loud... "crock crock crock...."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ketchup

Hi, my door lock (drivers door) failed this morning when I got to the office carpark. Cannot lock it using the remote from outside the car (even though other three doors work normally) and when, in desperation, I opened the back door, reach in and manually push the drivers door lock pin down, it locks. Even the emergency key which I unlatched from the remote fob could not lock or unlock the door from outside...

So when I was going home, I had to climb in from the passenger side to get into my car (squeezing over the centre console). Very embarrassing.

But when I got in, I realised I cannot unlock from inside using the unlock button on my door! I can only use the door handle to unlock from inside. Geeeezz...

Ive made an appointment with the service centre to get it fixed. Anyone else had this problem before?

ketchup wrote:

Hi, my door lock (drivers door) failed this morning when I got to the office carpark. Cannot lock it using the remote from outside the car (even though other three doors work normally) and when, in desperation, I opened the back door, reach in and manually push the drivers door lock pin down, it locks. Even the emergency key which I unlatched from the remote fob could not lock or unlock the door from outside...

So when I was going home, I had to climb in from the passenger side to get into my car (squeezing over the centre console). Very embarrassing.

But when I got in, I realised I cannot unlock from inside using the unlock button on my door! I can only use the door handle to unlock from inside. Geeeezz...

Ive made an appointment with the service centre to get it fixed. Anyone else had this problem before?

Mine happened recently. The locking mechanism for the driver side was spoilt. Replaced it for only 300plus. Shld not be more than this amount.

• 1 month later...
Guest baddy161

Hi just wanna check whether you guys encounter the following before... i notice whenever i reverse half way there is a Dong sound coming from the under carriage... tried my sis w203 but no such sound coming out... still wondering wat is wrong with my car... is it something wrong with my gearbox...?? any kind soul here care to enlighten me...thanks alot...

Guest Clear Vision

I hv similar problem. Whenever i reverse half way or for parrallel parking there is "dong dong" sound. Suspect ball joint or CV joint. Went to C&C they test drive and NO SOUND. Come home sound come back....

SA tell me"Never mind, drive few more months if sound louder than come back!!!!

Guest tsktsk

hi W204 owners, may i know if current models of W204 (c180/200) will be "pre" upgraded with the newer absorbers in factory already?? thanks for the advice.

Guest baddy161

wah... like tat really spoil merc image leh... nvm will be bringing my ride cos having a few problems for them to solve... see wat will them do abt it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Am new to sgmerc & would b getting my C180k v soon. I straight away zoom into this forum 2 see the problems encountered. Shd have screen the Internet more b4 I commit, alas wow so many of u having so much issues...damn worry for my new ride :shocked:

Guest blackmercs

pleh wrote:

Hi guys,

Am new to sgmerc & would b getting my C180k v soon. I straight away zoom into this forum 2 see the problems encountered. Shd have screen the Internet more b4 I commit, alas wow so many of u having so much issues...damn worry for my new ride :shocked:

Welcome, enjoy yr new ride & don't lose sleep over it. If COE not yet bid, changrite order to C200 CGI instead, if yr pocket is deep enough!! Btw I thought C&C stop selling C180k?

blackmercs wrote:

Welcome, enjoy yr new ride & don't lose sleep over it. If COE not yet bid, changrite order to C200 CGI instead, if yr pocket is deep enough!! Btw I thought C&C stop selling C180k?

Hi, My COE bidded, pocket also not deep enuff...:Cry: it will be here next wk. I ordered mine in March, a day b4 d tsunami, v guilty seeing the tragedy the next day.

>> Then again

Life's short...enjoy it

Guest blackmercs

pleh wrote:

Hi, My COE bidded, pocket also not deep enuff...:Cry: it will be here next wk. I ordered mine in March, a day b4 d tsunami, v guilty seeing the tragedy the next day.

>> Then again

Life's short...enjoy it

I see, yap life is short so go break yr piggy bank & starts modding!! All those W204 problems will definitely go away.

For a start, change all interior bulbs to LED, front headlight to HID & install DRL. Let me know if wants me to continue :).