• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E Cabrio

Guest blackmercs

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

The A5SB is quick a looker but the inside is more or less like the A4 except with a diff. butt.

The wheelbase of the A4 & A5SB is long at 2800 mm just 74mm shorter than the E.

Staged 1 it will bring U 270 horses with 390 Nm and likely go below 6s.

U might wanna consider it to replace your C.

The Q5 was pretty, practical, stylish, very fast for me after Stage 1 - scare bulek no good enough and no money for bbk.

The A4 was powDerful, sleek, modern, excellent handling with almost all the gadgets I wanted.

The way the Quattro power out of a bend is thrilling - slow in fast out.

Audis are making good cars but it just me!

AND I sincerely missed the ugly duckling & slower Merc with door that closes with the familar "thud".

Cannot forget the 1st luver probably!

Maybe I have to admit I m a apek too.....kakaka!

I told myself not wonder to PML at look at the new 5er.....scare sekali kena another seow wind.....hahaha....wait chiaklak chiaklak!:becky:

Maybe time for U to change your 5er.....dun need me to poison U kua!:whistle:

BlackMerc! - MTL lah!!!!!!

Wow, been there done that! U da man, again!

Yup, I like the A5SB. CO is still very comfortable with her C, don't think she wanna change that, and the size is just right for her. I went to see the new 5 and thought of changing my old one. But it was a big disappointment to me. Yeh, it's supposed to be loaded with loads of new tech, but at least you must like the look right? Well, it just doesn't catch my eye... So gave up and spent some moola modding my old 5. Think I'll just stick to the same cars for at least a year or so, or maybe wait for the new 5 FL, or W212FL, wakakakaka!

You going to next week GTG? I'll try to be there. See ya!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Wow, been there done that! U da man, again!

Yup, I like the A5SB. CO is still very comfortable with her C, don't think she wanna change that, and the size is just right for her. I went to see the new 5 and thought of changing my old one. But it was a big disappointment to me. Yeh, it's supposed to be loaded with loads of new tech, but at least you must like the look right? Well, it just doesn't catch my eye... So gave up and spent some moola modding my old 5. Think I'll just stick to the same cars for at least a year or so, or maybe wait for the new 5 FL, or W212FL, wakakakaka!

You going to next week GTG? I'll try to be there. See ya!

Dun think my new ride will be out but will at least try to cum with the current ride! Missed U guys deep deep!!! :hand:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also about to take the plunge for a E250 cab via PI route.

But I have a few questions to ask owners who have gotten their rides from agent.

1) Is the 'avantgarde' spec stated in the log card?

PI previous transactions did not show for sedan. (I asked to view the logcards)

2) I'm opting for AMG spec. Is it only the trim? Does it come with amg brakes? exhaust? :)

3) Lastly, anyone keen on a group buy? He has 3 units coming in. Can squeeze the price.

Thanks

Guest blackmercs

crk wrote:

I'm also about to take the plunge for a E250 cab via PI route.

But I have a few questions to ask owners who have gotten their rides from agent.

1) Is the 'avantgarde' spec stated in the log card?

PI previous transactions did not show for sedan. (I asked to view the logcards)

2) I'm opting for AMG spec. Is it only the trim? Does it come with amg brakes? exhaust? :)

3) Lastly, anyone keen on a group buy? He has 3 units coming in. Can squeeze the price.

Thanks

Hi, care to share the name of the PI here and how much they asking? Best price in the market is below $220K with AMG Sport package, on friday papers there is one dealer asking for $216.8K. Before the COE head north, asking price from PI abt $215K.

1) log card will not reflect the package that you had purchase, no?

2) No AMG brakes or exhaust, only AMG carmats, 18" rims, bodykit, steering wheels with paddle shift etc. Ask yr PI for advise.

3) Coming in??? my advise is that - no stock no talk.

Here are my suggestion when u wanna buy from PI for the e cabro,

1) did u check the specs vs from C&C?? Make sure u compare point to point!!!

2) ask the PI for a specs sheet, upon purchase make them signed on the spec sheet with company stamp and attached it to your purchase documents.

3) most of the PI i have check with does not comes with Keyless Go, is single CD, no ESP, no memory seat, bluetooth etc!!! and many more. Also, do take note that the OMV is much lower than C&C. With all these add up, is the saving worth while getting from PI? U got to decide.

4) Warranty workshop - who are they? i m sure u wouldnt wanna deal with those workshop guy when troubleshoot yr car got to refer to manual rite!!!

5) Is the PI reputable? Can you part with yr hard earn money with them?

6) Go for ready stock PI.

7) ask for freedies when u make the purchase, such as film etc..

8) COE - Is it Open cat? How much is it? If it is lower, u can get discount from the purchase price.

9) Trade-in car if any, make sure u had make several dealers for price comparisions before you agree with the trade in pricing. U will be surprised the offer they make............

10) Last but not least, can you sleep well in the nite after the purchase :)......

my 2 cents

Hi. Tks for the comprehensive reply.

Will do more homework and ask more questions before committing.

Will do an update on my experience if I sign on the dotted line...

Really appreciate it. Hope to be part of this community soon.

blackmercs wrote:

Hi, care to share the name of the PI here and how much they asking? Best price in the market is below $220K with AMG Sport package, on friday papers there is one dealer asking for $216.8K. Before the COE head north, asking price from PI abt $215K.

2) No AMG brakes or exhaust, only AMG carmats, 18" rims, bodykit, steering wheels with paddle shift etc. Ask yr PI for advise.

2) ask the PI for a specs sheet, upon purchase make them signed on the spec sheet with company stamp and attached it to your purchase documents.

3) most of the PI i have check with does not comes with Keyless Go, is single CD, no ESP, no memory seat, bluetooth etc!!! and many more. Also, do take note that the OMV is much lower than C&C. With all these add up, is the saving worth while getting from PI? U got to decide.

4) Warranty workshop - who are they? i m sure u wouldnt wanna deal with those workshop guy when troubleshoot yr car got to refer to manual rite!!!

8) COE - Is it Open cat? How much is it? If it is lower, u can get discount from the purchase price.

9) Trade-in car if any, make sure u had make several dealers for price comparisions before you agree with the trade in pricing. U will be surprised the offer they make............

10) Last but not least, can you sleep well in the nite after the purchase :)......

my 2 cents

Guest NewC180

blackmercs wrote:

my 2 cents

Wow great post! You've matured a lot recently!

Wakakaka!

Guest blackmercs

crk wrote:

Hi. Tks for the comprehensive reply.

Will do more homework and ask more questions before committing.

Will do an update on my experience if I sign on the dotted line...

Really appreciate it. Hope to be part of this community soon.

Hey, come down today for the meetup, we chat ya.

NewC180 wrote:

Wow great post! You've matured a lot recently!

Wakakaka!

Thank you kor kor.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Hey, come down today for the meetup, we chat ya.

Thank you kor kor.

July is a good month for me too.

Got married in July

Son born in July

House address 77

Collection July in time for Kelvin convoy?

Lai lah! We all go kaypoh & celebrate!

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Got married in July

Son born in July

House address 77

No wonder 7733!! Huat arh!!

Guest 9339

kepiting1sg wrote:

Got married in July

Son born in July

House address 77

Unker birthday...... 1977/03/03

or House no 77 in Batam 33 in sg....

Salute to Unker.... W211FL than Q5 than A4 and now W212 in months.....

Batam got good weather and hot sun, money printed easily dry...hahaa.....

Sg always rain lately : (

Shenzhen lagi worst...

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

my 2 cents

Think both of us will see very well at nite - diff. beds of course....muhahaha!:becky:

When cruising your cabrio along orchek road - dun drive too fast hor....so all the leng loi can see your handchum face.......hahahaha!:whistle:

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Think both of us will see very well at nite - diff. beds of course....muhahaha!:becky:

When cruising your cabrio along orchek road - dun drive too fast hor....so all the leng loi can see your handchum face.......hahahaha!:whistle:

Muahaha no worries. I m shy di.

Guest karilaksa

if anyone think its worthwhile to do group buy of e250 cabrio (either AD or PI), let me know, am seriously considering this car....having sleepless nights for a few months liao...

Guest blackmercs

karilaksa wrote:

if anyone think its worthwhile to do group buy of e250 cabrio (either AD or PI), let me know, am seriously considering this car....having sleepless nights for a few months liao...

Bru just go & grab it. Grp buy is not going to happens. Even there is, do u think e dealer will reduce their prices? In short, don't wait too long till e COE heads north!! I m sure by now u hv done yr homework. Care to share yr findings?

Guest karilaksa

blackmercs wrote:

Bru just go & grab it. Grp buy is not going to happens. Even there is, do u think e dealer will reduce their prices? In short, don't wait too long till e COE heads north!! I m sure by now u hv done yr homework. Care to share yr findings?

have not owned a merc b4, tats why a bit blur. Did not go to C&C yet, was shopping around a few PIs...Just found out something new in ur last posting between C&C specs and PI specs...so now another round of research to do...

BTW group buys does work...my colleagues bought the latest 7 series, 5 pcs for a substantial discount...when they were newly launched....

I am actually narrowing down my choice to e250 or cayman...since the price gap is not too big...

Guest blackmercs

karilaksa wrote:

have not owned a merc b4, tats why a bit blur. Did not go to C&C yet, was shopping around a few PIs...Just found out something new in ur last posting between C&C specs and PI specs...so now another round of research to do...

BTW group buys does work...my colleagues bought the latest 7 series, 5 pcs for a substantial discount...when they were newly launched....

I am actually narrowing down my choice to e250 or cayman...since the price gap is not too big...

Yes, old models surely they will give substantial discount even for lone buyer. For newly launch model like the E cabro they will wont budge at all. Like my SE told me, even if you u got big mountain backing the price will not change!!!

E250 or Cayman, both cars is different platform, u got to decide whether its fits into yr lifestyle or not. If you r power hungry, go for Cayman.

Guest Raskie

karilaksa wrote:

wah ... different animals le ... how to compare ?

Guest Raskie

karilaksa wrote:

similar price range mah...

hmmm ...

one is Cabrio and the other is Coupe

you looking at the e350 cabrio ? becos I doubt in terms of performance, anything less how to benchmark against Cayman for handling and performance ?

in terms of luxury cruiser, then Cayman will not be the one for you ...

if looking at E350cabrio, what about the 6-series cabrio ?

if looking at coupe (Cayman), what about the CLS ?

Guest karilaksa

i'm only at initial stage of finalising the car choices, i.e in terms of price range.

Both CLS (its not a coupe) and the 6 series are outgoing models..

Raskie, dont be so harsh on newbies lei...

Guest lightning

karilaksa wrote:

i'm only at initial stage of finalising the car choices, i.e in terms of price range.

Both CLS (its not a coupe) and the 6 series are outgoing models..

bro curry laksa... :bounce: i think bro raskie is not hash lah.:becky: ...he is one of our experienced lao cheow here... just trying to offer you some valuable advice since you are a newbie here...dun take it to hard le...cheers :whistle:

Guest Raskie

karilaksa wrote:

me no harsh la ... just curious how you lump e-cab with cayman :)

they are very different rides but if you NUMBER ONE REASON is eye-candy .. ah, then can lump together :) ... hahaha

personally i think the 6-cab is a beauty *slurp*

Bro lightning .. me no experienced lao-cheow la ... just "lao" !!!! hahahahaha ..... all learning and sharing ..

Guest arsenal

blackmercs wrote:

Yes, old models surely they will give substantial discount even for lone buyer. For newly launch model like the E cabro they will wont budge at all. Like my SE told me, even if you u got big mountain backing the price will not change!!!

E250 or Cayman, both cars is different platform, u got to decide whether its fits into yr lifestyle or not. If you r power hungry, go for Cayman.

Wah lao....the way you put it sounds very familiar leh..

Ah I remember liao....last time at XTD (now already closed) old PROs give big discount for group buy even single regular also can get. New fresh PRO must pay full rate and is so hot that you need to book in advance regardless whether you're regular or not price stays....

They are from different nationality, you got to decide the PRO can tahan your style or not.....if you belong to the power hungry type go for PRO which allows ....... type!

Paiseh for OT....just can't resist! whahahahahaha

Guest kepiting1sg

Raskie wrote:

me no harsh la ... just curious how you lump e-cab with cayman :)

they are very different rides but if you NUMBER ONE REASON is eye-candy .. ah, then can lump together :) ... hahaha

personally i think the 6-cab is a beauty *slurp*

Bro lightning .. me no experienced lao-cheow la ... just "lao" !!!! hahahahaha ..... all learning and sharing ..

I guess your chiao & mine equally lao....hahaha! lmfao.gif

BUT has to admit yours more lao & experienced!

U forewarned me about choppy ride on SUV and I ngeh ngeh like U said "eye-candied" it.

Then costly 3 months pregnancy abortion went for another eye-candy.

Sweet & swee 18(if 16 wait kena canning), sipeh ho lut but it just not my style so lan lan cum back to live with an uglier, slower & "lousy handling" Merc....muahahaha!

It pays to listen to U!

Your chiao is very wise!!!!!!lmfao.gif

clapb.gif