• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New E Cabrio

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

Today I m super lucky, manage to test drive a E250 from a PI instead from the C&C as they have not launch this new model. I must say this baby is super chio than any other cabro in sg. I might be bias but u be the judge, see attached pics. I love the look of the ride without the top, especially looking from the rear view.......yummy........ The rear seating space is super spacious compare with the rest of the conti cabro. But is only two seater for the rear instead of 3 seater.

As for the test drive, found the steering wheel kinda loose not like my existing CLC ride, firm. Power wise? didnt have a chance to test it though.

My verdict : - DIE DIE I WILL BUY but will let u guys know the outcome tml at 7pm.... kum sia

Merccab-1.jpg

Merccab1-1.jpg

Guest NewC180

Bro, 2+2 seats is better than 2 seats! At least the flexibility is there if you ever need it.

MTL, no need to wait for tmrw 7pm la.

E cabrio can't be wrong!

Guest blackmercs

NewC180 wrote:

Bro, 2+2 seats is better than 2 seats! At least the flexibility is there if you ever need it.

MTL, no need to wait for tmrw 7pm la.

E cabrio can't be wrong!

Muahahahaha ai group buy mai

Guest lightning

blackmercs wrote:

Muahahahaha ai group buy mai

bro...MTL...as spoken this evening...come come switch over and join me in W212 asap...i m very lonely here...hope to hear good new from you tml 7pm...:whistle:

Guest 9339

Indeed the E cab is a very nice looking car ....Look even much better then the coupe.

But the Feel and ride not so nice.....

Just like the New E saloon W212, the comfort for the E class W211 which you can really feel the comfort of a merc are not there, feel like driving the C's W204.

Anyway if compare , I would still prefer W209 over W207 and W211 over W212.

just my 2 rmb.

Guest mercaltec

9339 wrote:

Indeed the E cab is a very nice looking car ....Look even much better then the coupe.

But the Feel and ride not so nice.....

Just like the New E saloon W212, the comfort for the E class W211 which you can really feel the comfort of a merc are not there, feel like driving the C's W204.

Anyway if compare , I would still prefer W209 over W207 and W211 over W212.

just my 2 rmb.

When i test drove the W212, the first few gear change seems a little slow and stiff from the steering. Is that normal?

Only when i hit the highway did i notice the ooomph coming in and steering gets lighter. Then i was told its really build for highway long distance drive.

My worry is i hardly need to go into any highway and rarely can reach 90kmh on daily drive. Or maybe i am just to use to jap car.

Guest blackmercs

mercaltec wrote:

When i test drove the W212, the first few gear change seems a little slow and stiff from the steering. Is that normal?

Only when i hit the highway did i notice the ooomph coming in and steering gets lighter. Then i was told its really build for highway long distance drive.

My worry is i hardly need to go into any highway and rarely can reach 90kmh on daily drive. Or maybe i am just to use to jap car.

Err I think shld be e other way round as in, faster u drive e steering will be heavier. During my test drive on small road only hence e steering is super light, I got no feel at all!!

Guest 9339

Tested both, feel that the Drive are very 'HARD' comparing the previous.

Not only the gear change, also the suspension and drive comfort are not there.

Maybe is No money buy trying to find fault with it. hahaaa.....

Anyway....will see many PI's unit on the rd very soon or maybe already running in sillypore.

Guest blackmercs

9339 wrote:

Tested both, feel that the Drive are very 'HARD' comparing the previous.

Not only the gear change, also the suspension and drive comfort are not there.

Maybe is No money buy trying to find fault with it. hahaaa.....

Anyway....will see many PI's unit on the rd very soon or maybe already running in sillypore.

Ya e present COE thingy, more ppl will turn to PI. Agent will complains to manufacturer then used import is e next in-thing. Either way if e COE continues to head north, agent got to eat grass sooner.

Just compare e price, agent vs PI of Mercs E250 Cabro. Agent without AMG Sport package asking $255K, e latter with AMG package only $220 or less!! Many donkey years ago, alot discussion & argument on PI vs agent e pro & cons but it seems that PI are doing quite well. I can see that if COE not heading south, Used Import will be as hot as PI.

Guest mercaltec

blackmercs wrote:

Err I think shld be e other way round as in, faster u drive e steering will be heavier. During my test drive on small road only hence e steering is super light, I got no feel at all!!

:becky: oh yes, the other way round. So, i guess its normal?

Anyway, want to also have a feel on the W211, which in my opinion, has an everlasting look. Hope price will fall further when more W212 is on the road.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackmercs

nightfly wrote:

Was at MBC today as my C180 had a dead IU and saw the E350 cab being driven in. Sticker price was a cool 314k.

P5190080.jpg

Damn sexy.....drooling!!

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Damn sexy.....drooling!!

Bro! MTL lah!!!!!!

Ko Tan Simi LC lah!!!!!.....muahahahaha! :becky:

Unker might be old but very rashful or rather decisive......hahahaha!

Go & sign lah!

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro! MTL lah!!!!!!

Ko Tan Simi LC lah!!!!!.....muahahahaha! :becky:

Unker might be old but very rashful or rather decisive......hahahaha!

Go & sign lah!

Unker we all know. 4 cars in 1 year is no easy feat!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Unker we all know. 4 cars in 1 year is no easy feat!!!

bRO hENG & bRO hWEE - Where got so hiong 4 cars in 1 year - to be more exact - it's 1 year 3 months lah!.....muahahaha!:Cry:

Feb '09 - FL W211

Oct '09 - Audi Q5

Jan '10 - Audi A4

May '10 - ???? Hopefully get it this month end heheheh!:becky:

No Welcum back party for Unker hor!!!!! :whistle:

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

bRO hENG & bRO hWEE - Where got so hiong 4 cars in 1 year - to be more exact - it's 1 year 3 months lah!.....muahahaha!:Cry:

Feb '09 - FL W211

Oct '09 - Audi Q5

Jan '10 - Audi A4

May '10 - ???? Hopefully get it this month end heheheh!:becky:

No Welcum back party for Unker hor!!!!! :whistle:

12 or 15 months no diff la, still very hiong! One brudder I know change car after 4 months not as hiong as you! Unker, U da man!

Come PRC kopitiam I blanja you Mun Han Quan Xi!

Enjoy your new WXXX !!!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

12 or 15 months no diff la, still very hiong! One brudder I know change car after 4 months not as hiong as you! Unker, U da man!

Come PRC kopitiam I blanja you Mun Han Quan Xi!

Enjoy your new WXXX !!!!!

After 4 Merc - Luv hate relation with others - still back to a Merc.....hahahaha!

See U & the gang at PRC Kopi Tiam for welcum back party.....hahaha!:becky:

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

After 4 Merc - Luv hate relation with others - still back to a Merc.....hahahaha!

I really PEI FU you, in big capital letters!

See my sig, didn't change cars for the past 2 years lio, sigh.....

Welcum welcum back... the 4 rings really cannot make it har? Wakakakaka! BTW, I really like the A5 sportsback!

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Haiz so happy for u Unker. I money not enough!! Sob sob

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

I really PEI FU you, in big capital letters!

See my sig, didn't change cars for the past 2 years lio, sigh.....

Welcum welcum back... the 4 rings really cannot make it har? Wakakakaka! BTW, I really like the A5 sportsback!

The A5SB is quick a looker but the inside is more or less like the A4 except with a diff. butt.

The wheelbase of the A4 & A5SB is long at 2800 mm just 74mm shorter than the E.

Staged 1 it will bring U 270 horses with 390 Nm and likely go below 6s.

U might wanna consider it to replace your C.

The Q5 was pretty, practical, stylish, very fast for me after Stage 1 - scare bulek no good enough and no money for bbk.

The A4 was powDerful, sleek, modern, excellent handling with almost all the gadgets I wanted.

The way the Quattro power out of a bend is thrilling - slow in fast out.

Audis are making good cars but it just me!

AND I sincerely missed the ugly duckling & slower Merc with door that closes with the familar "thud".

Cannot forget the 1st luver probably!

Maybe I have to admit I m a apek too.....kakaka!

I told myself not wonder to PML at look at the new 5er.....scare sekali kena another seow wind.....hahaha....wait chiaklak chiaklak!:becky:

Maybe time for U to change your 5er.....dun need me to poison U kua!:whistle:

BlackMerc! - MTL lah!!!!!!