• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What tyres??

Guest angela

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mekenics

got me revspec2 for $250 a pc fm p@h heng (225/40/18)

grip not too good for wet weather

plus side wall a bit soft for my liking

road noise is 7.5/10

will recommend F1 instead.

me gonna for the toyo T1R in 3 mths time.

got a good lobang at $250ish ea fm JB

Guest flatron

me on Dunlop Direzza DZ101 245/45/17. Quite good on both wet and dry i feel. got from a shop besides west coast seng siong.. changed it when mother was grocery shopping:) cost 235 per piece. extra 60 bucks for front and back aligment.

Guest CBlack

Considering to upgrade to 18" tyres... thinking of German Eagle F1s, Revspec2 or Conti2. What say you guys?? Budget $200+to low $300+.

if you are referring to conti sport 2, i was quote about $700+ per tyre! i'm running falken 452 18" and it cost $300+

if you are referring to conti sport 2, i was quote about $700+ per tyre! i'm running falken 452 18" and it cost $300+

I just changed to Conti Sport 2 2 days ago. My regular tyre solution guy charged me $395 per tyre for 225/40/18. Trust him as I always go to him.

Guest angela

Justin fm PH quoted $330 for Conti2 225/40/R18 & $200+ for F1s.

Must we do wheel alignment after changing rims & tyres??? I think the normal wheel balancing is enough. Heard some say must do and some say not necessary. Understand must do wheel alignment if change suspension only.

Must we do wheel alignment after changing rims & tyres??? I think the normal wheel balancing is enough. Heard some say must do and some say not necessary. Understand must do wheel alignment if change suspension only.

Wah...I kana rip off le... >:(

200 over bucks in all~!

Guest redbell

i changed my tyres with poh heng, justin oso. like his attitude. good!

his no. 98368640.

any1 need to change tyres can call him and check lah!! his workshop at amk.

Guest Cklasse

Changed mine to Dunlop DZ101 from Poh Heng too at $190 per piece.

Poh Heng sells at a cheaper price but you must check the tyre age and do a balancing again else where. I find their balancing not so good and their housekeeping is really down the drain. A typical chinese workshop....can work ok liao, nevermind if it is untidy and dirty.

It is worth checking out PH for the low price.

Guest flatron

Poh Heng sells at a cheaper price but you must check the tyre age and do a balancing again else where. I find their balancing not so good and their housekeeping is really down the drain. A typical chinese workshop....can work ok liao, nevermind if it is untidy and dirty.

Wah piang!! liddat i kena tok 45 bucks per piece X4 = $180 leh! can do 3 times alignment!! ok others please dun go to this shop at west coast opp ginza beside sheng siong one..

but hey, ur tyres is 245/45/R17 also?

Guest CBlack

when it's time to change tyres, i must go to him

Guest mekenics

F1 18's for $200+ sound tom-yum to me.... please chk cty of mfg!

i hv been to PH many times & do find their prices very gd. in fact, i learn that many distributors are a bit upset with their spoil market pricing. jus my $0.0000002, dun flame me by sayin i say they no good ah! i did not say that; u make ur own conclusions k.

Guest Cklasse

Wah piang!! liddat i kena tok 45 bucks per piece X4 = $180 leh! can do 3 times alignment!! ok others please dun go to this shop at west coast opp ginza beside sheng siong one..

but hey, ur tyres is 245/45/R17 also?

I am running on 225/45R17 AMG rims.

Guest angela

Wah...I kana rip off le... >:(

200 over bucks in all~!

My quote of $330 fm PH may not be genuine. I sms him today then say no stock....

Guest angela

i changed my tyres with poh heng, justin oso. like his attitude. good!

his no. 98368640.

any1 need to change tyres can call him and check lah!! his workshop at amk.

Yes Hot redbell. He is well know among the car clubs here.

My quote of $330 fm PH may not be genuine. I sms him today then say no stock....

Nevermind eh..at least got 1 more number to call and enquire. It never hurts to have more options..

Thanks Redbell for the contact info.

Guest angela

Guys, Just some knowledge from me. 1st try not to get Conti tyres. I think is no good at all. Got into an accident many year ago. From then on. No more conti for me. Tyres to look out for Dunlop sportmaxx. Good! Hehe.. F1 tyres there are 2 versions. One from Germany the other is from Thailand. The latter is much much cheaper. Quality also suffered. Right now i using German F1. Sportmaxx will be my next. My the other car has already used sportmaxx. No regret.

Cheers...

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Guys and Ladies too, ;D

I have being using Michelin Preceda 225/45/R17 tires on my wheels.

They have served me well for the last 3 years 2 months with 33K km on them.

I have also no complaint about noise and never regreted since day 1.

Today I changed a new set of Michelin Pilot Preceda (PP2) for my wheels and they cost me

S$260 per tire with the usual free wheel balancing & filling with N2 gas.

It also comes with the Michelin's 6 years warranty (who actually uses tires more than 3 years....wahahahha)

Guest jenvid

guys,

For those using F1 do u not find the side wall soft ? wld say the wet grip is quite good but dry ok. the soft side wall makes hard cornering hair raising...

Guest Cklasse

My first set of tyre that came with the AMG rims was Michellin Pilot Sport. This tyre is good for dry and wet and it sticks to the road, however the price is on the high side.