• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK 200 R171 Brake Kit advise

Guest leetb

Gd day,

Appreciate advise on slk200 r171 brake kit upgrade besides amg 6/4 brake kits,

what other options suitable available in sg? pros & cons, approx damage? need not overkill.

Thank you.

brgds

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leetb wrote:

Gd day,

what other options suitable available in sg? pros & cons, approx damage? need not overkill.

Thank you.

brgds

Hi,

if not just upgrade to SLK350 brakes kit will do...........unless you want Brembo 6pot front only (around S$6k).....AMG is the best and most affordable BBK (fornt & rear) in my opninion......

if not still got Rotora BBK.....give BOSS Motorsports a call 6459 0038 looks for Calvin

cheers

ACSLK wrote:

Hi,

if not just upgrade to SLK350 brakes kit will do...........unless you want Brembo 6pot front only (around S$6k).....AMG is the best and most affordable BBK (fornt & rear) in my opninion......

if not still got Rotora BBK.....give BOSS Motorsports a call 6459 0038 looks for Calvin

cheers

Thank you, appreciate yr reply, other then price what is the difference with various makers of brake kits?

brgds

Hi Leetb,

from what i know Brembo is best and well known for BBK.....(no regret)

basically i think end of the day you pay for what you get.....i supposed as, a good set of BBK don't come cheap.....(very ex, boring) - Lol

Pricing very much depend on the product itself and the country of manufacture....

Taiwan and China Brand should be much more affordable but then again......(i dare not try)

if not you may wanna log-on to their website to check it out........

happy searching......

cheers

leetb wrote:

Thank you, appreciate yr reply, other then price what is the difference with various makers of brake kits?

brgds

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Leetb,

Taiwan and China Brand should be much more affordable but then again......(i dare not try)

cheers

I agree. Manufacturing tolerances may not be as tight as the established guys who have been doing them for a long time!!

Hi leetb,

just for your info that the AMG or any 6/4 brake kit is damp heavy so it will sure to make your ride more sluggish..........so probably upgrade yours to a 4 pot AMG or SLK350 front brake kit will do and also upgrade the brake lines and better pads..........

Remember to improve on the handling as well......KW v3 coilover man...................- Lol

happy braking..............

cheers

leetb wrote:

Gd day,

Thank you.

brgds

Appreciate yr info.

so amg 6/4 likely over kill for slk200..

stock slk350 should be ok?

whats the damage $ difference?

Does anyone feel the stock slk200 brakes a bit sluggish? a need to upgrade?

2ndly which filter choice?

1) paper - stock

2) oiled - k&n

3) ss - hurricane

Hi leetb,

i feel the stock power is V sluggish but brakes wise still ok but of course it will be good to improve on the braking power and yes SLK350 front brake kit is good enough....as

SLK350 is 306hp and 360nm vs (FL) SLK200 184hp and 250nm (pre-FL) 163hp and 240nm

if can stop SLK350 so SLK200 sure can stop...................

AMG 6/4 around S$7500 with installation (there about) - call MBM Patrick 8383 3775

SLK350 front brake kit S$3000 plus plus (there about) - call MBm Patrick

Air-Filter go for K&N will do.........(not really helping much though)

happy modding

cheers

leetb wrote:

Appreciate yr info.

1) paper - stock

2) oiled - k&n

3) ss - hurricane

leetb wrote:

1) Isn't amg 4 pot rear brake set?? How can it be use on the front??

2)Whats the diff between amg 4 pot & 350s front?? brake disc type/size?

3)Then what about the rear brake setup?

Brgds

Hi Lee,

there's a 4pot AMG front brake kit that is being used on the AMG CLK and can be fitted on your SLK200 so you may wanna check that out with MBM

AMG 4pot front brake kit is definitely better than SLK350 stock front brake kit

not too sure about the Rotol size man but should be either 300mm or 332mm for the 4pot AMG front brake kit.........best is that you check it out with MBM (Patrick)

Can just keep the rear set-up.......unless your SLK200 is being boosted to 250hp and 350nm then better get AMG 6/4....................

if budget allow then just go with the AMG 6/4....after all braking is the most important portion no point from 0 to 100 fast then 100 to 0 slow........

safety come first....

happy searching

cheers

leetb wrote:

Appreciate yr info.

1) paper - stock

2) oiled - k&n

3) ss - hurricane

Hi Leetb,

From my experience, stock filter is the best...no point changing to sports filter...wun make any difference...

wrxy wrote:

u should know that the amg 6/4 brakes are oem made by brembos so imo..no point going for a brembo front 6 pot( front only)...they are able to clear ur AMG rims as well if ur on em...

any 4/2 options?

leetb wrote:

any 4/2 options?

the 6/4 is definitely fine...number of pots/pistons does not equate to overall bite...to make things easy to understand..the more pots u have,the better ur modulation...overall bite is still dependent on ur total surface area of ur pistons,the amg brake kit aint that huge i believe..their 6 potters wld be just fine...For example,a huge 4 pot can have a lot more bite than a average 6 pot...that said,the 6/4 option is pricey if u gonna get ur pads changed but u'll never know when ull need that extra bite especially when driving an auto car...it saves lives..haha..anyway..with better modulation, u dun really have to step that hard anymore on the brakes to get ur required bite on the disc or shave the required amount of speed down...if i were you..the first thing ill replace wld be the crappy stock brakes =)..just my 2 cents..

before u get ur brakes replaced...do check that ur current rim's offset is enuff to clear the bbks ur gonna get..

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

does anyone know if a AP Racing 4 pot fits the stock 17 inch alloy rims?

this is the stock rim that I have and would like to seek all if there is enufff clearance for the AP BKK?

if yes, where can i get kerb rash fixed and the installation of the BBK done together?

any ideas, peeps?

thank you

80zg.jpg

OtOvdu.jpg

Unlikely AP BBK can fits into a 17" mercs stock rim. Search Euromodz, their mini pots bbk maybe can fits into the 17". Kerb rash repair check with top93 our site sponsor.

Unlikely AP BBK can fits into a 17" mercs stock rim. Search Euromodz, their mini pots bbk maybe can fits into the 17". Kerb rash repair check with top93 our site sponsor.

thanks, may i also ask if I can transfer a set 17"OZ Ultraleggera rims with Conti Contact 5 Tyres fitted with the AP Racing 4 pot BBK over to the SLK?

OtOvdu.jpg