• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 servicing

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 because it's dirt cheap....AND CNC USES IT TOO!😆  Just buy your oil from Shopee man.  I've been getting oil from a very well established online seller.  

For $28.50 in a 4L bottle, why people insist on getting charged a crazy premium at CnC is beyond me.

https://shopee.sg/SHELL-HELIX-ULTRA-5W40-4-Litre-Europe-*FREE-SHIPPING-ABOVE-45.00*-i.250786869.9824331940?sp_atk=d01819f2-c854-470e-81fa-d91fcda6e6dc&xptdk=d01819f2-c854-470e-81fa-d91fcda6e6dc

On 5/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, Reflection said:

I use Shell Helix Ultra 5W40 because it's dirt cheap....AND CNC USES IT TOO!😆  Just buy your oil from Shopee man.  I've been getting oil from a very well established online seller.  

For $28.50 in a 4L bottle, why people insist on getting charged a crazy premium at CnC is beyond me.

https://shopee.sg/SHELL-HELIX-ULTRA-5W40-4-Litre-Europe-*FREE-SHIPPING-ABOVE-45.00*-i.250786869.9824331940?sp_atk=d01819f2-c854-470e-81fa-d91fcda6e6dc&xptdk=d01819f2-c854-470e-81fa-d91fcda6e6dc

I used to also buy the shell oil from giant when there is promo. But I found that when I drive hard using that oil will have very strong bad egg smell from exhaust.
Not sure if related. Cos when change to other brand there smell does not seem to return. 

16 hours ago, darksaint said:

I used to also buy the shell oil from giant when there is promo. But I found that when I drive hard using that oil will have very strong bad egg smell from exhaust.
Not sure if related. Cos when change to other brand there smell does not seem to return. 

I love eggs, but my car still farts like the day I got it.  😄  I don't know man, I've been using whatever's approved for all my cars and never had an issue.  Just buy whatever you're comfortable with.  Happy can already.👍

One thing to note:  I change my oil every 10k MAX.

16 hours ago, darksaint said:

I am also wondering the cause for this issue for years without any success. i am using the same oil Mobil 1 approved for MB for both C200 and Lexus IS250. No smell for C200 but smell for IS250. Oil change every 10k km.

Really good price. I will use for next oil change. Thank you.

31 minutes ago, is250c said:

I am also wondering the cause for this issue for years without any success. i am using the same oil Mobil 1 approved for MB for both C200 and Lexus IS250. No smell for C200 but smell for IS250. Oil change every 10k km.

Short of a leak somewhere, the only other way engine oil is going to touch the exhaust system is through over-filling.  The eggy smell is caused by a source containing sulphur hitting the catalytic converter, which today's synthetic oils shouldn't have much of but varies according to manufacturer.

Petrol though, is another ballgame altogether.

I used Castrol 5W-40 with Liqui Moly Ceratec. I added the Ceratec myself as I just found out my mechanic charged me a lot if I used his items. I also planned to bring my own oil but my mechanic charged me higher labour. A bit disappointed as I have been supported him over the past few years with my MB. He even claimed not overcharging the parts from his stockist. But I just found out during the last servicing that he's not very honest. If he wanted to charge me more then he ought to tell me and not to claim otherwise. I planned not to let him service the control arms and shock absorbers as all seem wearing off. Any reliable and good mechanic to recommend? I also planned to get them replaced in Malaysia if the costs is lower. Thanks

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2022 at 5:28 PM, darksaint said:

I switched from Shell Helix to Castrol 5W-40 and I must say you can feel the different. Engine runs smoother and noise reduces. Go try it!

• 1 month later...

Erh, excuse me …..I don’t seem to follow what you guys are talking about. Is this a vendor zone? Pro drivers zone? I’m just a normal driver wanting to look for a workshop that able to service, repair or even diagnose my 2019 C Class, cos it already out of warranty from CnC, and my 60k due soon.  CnC quote 2 days service plus take up 3 basic service plans, and an extended warranty to 120k mileage …cost almost 8k. I stand up and walk out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 9:37 PM, wheelslover said:

Erh, excuse me …..I don’t seem to follow what you guys are talking about. Is this a vendor zone? Pro drivers zone? I’m just a normal driver wanting to look for a workshop that able to service, repair or even diagnose my 2019 C Class, cos it already out of warranty from CnC, and my 60k due soon.  CnC quote 2 days service plus take up 3 basic service plans, and an extended warranty to 120k mileage …cost almost 8k. I stand up and walk out.

Why u ask?

vendors zone ,pro driver zone.

dey are onli debating abt Engine oil preference.

U mean u dun get what they are saying .

Even for a normal driver ,u gotta Learn their Lingo.

Well ,Wshop ?

Go ………

Chip Soon ,Veri Close to C&C in Price  ,Follows Mercs specs jn everything even using Xentry to  Diagnose yr car.

G6 ,Wshop dat dabs in Supercar plus service Grab too.

Altogether an Honest to Goodness shop to spend yr money.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:31 PM, Keith Kam said:

I used Castrol 5W-40 with Liqui Moly Ceratec. I added the Ceratec myself as I just found out my mechanic charged me a lot if I used his items. I also planned to bring my own oil but my mechanic charged me higher labour. A bit disappointed as I have been supported him over the past few years with my MB. He even claimed not overcharging the parts from his stockist. But I just found out during the last servicing that he's not very honest. If he wanted to charge me more then he ought to tell me and not to claim otherwise. I planned not to let him service the control arms and shock absorbers as all seem wearing off. Any reliable and good mechanic to recommend? I also planned to get them replaced in Malaysia if the costs is lower. Thanks

Dat is rather Normal in our Local climate.

nuthing unusual,Wshop pricing for Spares & consumables including EO varies a bit.

The saving for  consumer is to Buy yr own spares but u must check.

Many Wshop dun allows & if it’s ok ,dey will charge slightly higher labour (understandable )

But for me ,Dun buy Engine oil or Ceretec on Line or Carrosel.Many are Fakes.

Better safe than Sorri.

Actually Oil ,let them earn a bit ,I dun even trust places like Giant or such.

If there’s anything wrong ,who should u go after.

Control arm & Shock ,But from Stockist.

Do remember all stockist prices are different even from the same company(interesting)

different branch.Shop around.

Malaysia cheaper but I dun recommend.

NOT Recommended ……….

Use EO onli from Wshop ,if gone Egg shaped(Sorri the pun)

Fake Engine oil is Rampant in MY and after all dis years ,there’s still a Syndicate.

if u use the oil from the workshop ,u can pursue,if it gone Pear shaped .

I used to go to those shop who do $57 Shell helix Ultra ,with our extra Litres ,I pay 100 with some change. 

They are pretty alrite ,no smell whatever but I change it below 10k dat will keep everything Swee Swee.

On 11/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, fesa704 said:

NOT Recommended ……….

Use EO onli from Wshop ,if gone Egg shaped(Sorri the pun)

Fake Engine oil is Rampant in MY and after all dis years ,there’s still a Syndicate.

if u use the oil from the workshop ,u can pursue,if it gone Pear shaped .

I used to go to those shop who do $57 Shell helix Ultra ,with our extra Litres ,I pay 100 with some change. 

They are pretty alrite ,no smell whatever but I change it below 10k dat will keep everything Swee Swee.

I'd be inclined to be cautious as well, but I've been buying oil from them for the past 10yrs for three cars using them for up to 150,000km per vehicle.  No issues, and my engines have always been in the pink of health by the time the cars are exported/scrapped.