• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2011 E250 7G W212 ECU/ECM problem causing stall/jerk

balonglong88

Hi Bro/Sis s ,

Any one can share if you've encountered similar problem? I bought the car (2011 E250 7G W212) when it was 7 years and been driving it with no issues for the past 3 years. Just last week the car suddenly stalled while on the road and died off,step on acceleration no power, steering became stiff,  displays the esp off and run flat indicator and would stall again less than a minute after restart. I had to tow it to my workshop and workshop said was ecu problems. Fast forward, after it's fixed, I got the car, no issue at mechanic place, drove back and when reaching back the car stalled again with the same issue showing run flat indicator and esp off. Now its back in the workshop to fix the ecu again.

Some pointers I notice were:

1) Low idling rpm of around 600

20211108_182753.thumb.jpg.60022a96ae4e5d23bfec9d0715225839.jpg

2) After repair Eng stalls only at idle

20211108_183647.thumb.jpg.145fda876b2f9ebf31f9815576ebf24e.jpg

3) Happened twice after ecu fix, while driving and there was a quick jerk, sudden drop in rpm noticed (from 2000 to around 1000) but car didnt stall

4) ESP off warning shows after car stalls

20211105_193106.thumb.jpg.4f48046263a9def7f5550789bf680b81.jpg

5) Runflat indicator shows after car stalls

20211105_193100.thumb.jpg.28716c2c8f135120ab3d2c9dc6bd902a.jpg

6) Car stalls around 25 secs after stopping at traffic light.

20211109_093723.thumb.jpg.90fe9ab67d61dbfd2c26553fba2c95a6.jpg

Car was recently serviced and had all 4 brake disc rotor, brake pad and brake sensor changed. Low mileage under 80k, Everything stock condition.

Please share/advice if you guys have encountered similar! Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had quite a similar problem on my w212fl when into the 6yrs of my drive...radio and all electronic part shutdown while driving, lost powersteering, Esp and Abs lighted up,...in the end the whole car stalled and shutdown, Towed to ws and was diagnosed Alternator failed and not charging up the battery even though the battery is quite new hence the battery went flat and all system failed due to no power supply....as my powersteering was electronic one, hence that also failed.  So far ECU was Ok👌🏿 , but Engine light came up for a few month due to Catalytic converter sensor issue, suspect is faulty Cat...but car still Ok👌🏿 to drive

Hi @balonglong88,  my E250 CGI has similar issues.   The ESP inoperative error came out once, while the other few times, the car just did not respond to the throttle moving off at the junction and eventually shut down in D.   In my case, a restart was still possible immediately.    No fault codes shown on the scanner in the workshop.   Opted to repair the ECU, and it is normal now.

Did you manage to find out the issues after asking the workshop to recheck the ECU ?

On 11/9/2021 at 1:09 PM, Lai said:

I had quite a similar problem on my w212fl when into the 6yrs of my drive...radio and all electronic part shutdown while driving, lost powersteering, Esp and Abs lighted up,...in the end the whole car stalled and shutdown, Towed to ws and was diagnosed Alternator failed and not charging up the battery even though the battery is quite new hence the battery went flat and all system failed due to no power supply....as my powersteering was electronic one, hence that also failed.  So far ECU was Ok👌🏿 , but Engine light came up for a few month due to Catalytic converter sensor issue, suspect is faulty Cat...but car still Ok👌🏿 to drive

Hi bro, mine was different, the radio and electrics still work, but just that the engine died down by itself, and it sometimes jerks and rpm drops. After ecu repair it is now okayy already. Lets hope it stays that way haha

3 minutes ago, micb said:

Hi @balonglong88,  my E250 CGI has similar issues.   The ESP inoperative error came out once, while the other few times, the car just did not respond to the throttle moving off at the junction and eventually shut down in D.   In my case, a restart was still possible immediately.    No fault codes shown on the scanner in the workshop.   Opted to repair the ECU, and it is normal now.

Did you manage to find out the issues after asking the workshop to recheck the ECU ?

Hi bro, yes apparently it was a bad repair by the ecu repair people. On the second time i went back to my workshop they sent the whole car to the ecu repair guys and made sure everything was good. so far now ive not had any issues with the car. May i ask how much did it cost to repair your ecu for this similar problem and how long has it been since?

• 9 months later...
On 11/11/2021 at 1:36 PM, balonglong88 said:

Hi bro, mine was different, the radio and electrics still work, but just that the engine died down by itself, and it sometimes jerks and rpm drops. After ecu repair it is now okayy already. Lets hope it stays that way haha

Hi bro, yes apparently it was a bad repair by the ecu repair people. On the second time i went back to my workshop they sent the whole car to the ecu repair guys and made sure everything was good. so far now ive not had any issues with the car. May i ask how much did it cost to repair your ecu for this similar problem and how long has it been since?

My car had the same problem, ECM & Brake Drum, the mechanic change my brake drum, it work for few day & my car stalled again with the same issue.

Now the ECM prompt from the analysis monitor - The mechanic state that I need to change the ECM also.

Any rectification or moderation to this issue - how much is the ECM cost.

Can you recommend a good mechanic that understand the ECM.

Thanks, your kind help and assistance would be very much appreciated.