• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BMW to E250-w212

BMerz

Hi guys.. new to this forum. Wanted some advice. Me never drive a Merc. Had always wanted a change to this Merc since last couple of years.

I'm on a almost 5year BMW 320. Warranty over in few months time. And she is on a high Coe when bought ($79k). 

I'm inclined to try out a w212 (probably 8-10yrs old) E200/250. 

Should I go for the jump? To a w212? Any advice is much appreciated..🙏

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a Pre FL W212, look for late 2011 and up cos they are having the 7G-Tronics aka 7 spd auto while earlier models are 5 spd auto.

Variant will be at least Avantgarde as they have the Xenon Headlamps.

Avantgarde models imho comes with better wood trimmings while AMG Line comes with Alu trimming.

Elegance model iirc don't comes with Xenon

Some of the C&C models rarely came with Pano roof if you like, while pretty common with // import

Late 2011 and early 2018 E250 models from C&C came with COMAND NTG4.5 HU which will have navi & ++++ features.

Latest maps upgrade up to 2015, so COMAND navi give you boasting rights and navigation pretty useless as compare to Apple Carplay & Android Auto or hook up your mobile for GoogleMaps or Waze for Navigation.

Navi COMAND can navigate in KPE Tunnel without satellite signals 

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

On 1/21/2020 at 12:33 PM, kepiting1sg said:

If you want a Pre FL W212, look for late 2011 and up cos they are having the 7G-Tronics aka 7 spd auto while earlier models are 5 spd auto.

Variant will be at least Avantgarde as they have the Xenon Headlamps.

Avantgarde models imho comes with better wood trimmings while AMG Line comes with Alu trimming.

Elegance model iirc don't comes with Xenon

Some of the C&C models rarely came with Pano roof if you like, while pretty common with // import

Late 2011 and early 2018 E250 models from C&C came with COMAND NTG4.5 HU which will have navi & ++++ features.

Latest maps upgrade up to 2015, so COMAND navi give you boasting rights and navigation pretty useless as compare to Apple Carplay & Android Auto or hook up your mobile for GoogleMaps or Waze for Navigation.

Navi COMAND can navigate in KPE Tunnel without satellite signals 

Many thanks bro for the head up..will start with the 2011 model then..

But is there any major engine issue that I should look out ? Made some googling and found that this engine are quite hardy.