• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any W247 owners here?

Silverkris

Looks like there is very few persons driving the new B class here. So sad.

Anyway, just collected my car for 1 month. “Upgraded?” From W246 B180. Never thought will change from B to B but this time the improvements is so vast and noticeable that I am really tempted. Never thought a B class will look good, but this style definitely don’t look like an uncle type of car. 

Just for sharing purposes.

1AB653EC-E9A2-4AE2-8F85-3C6983D97D6C.thumb.jpeg.ecbc45f1fd0c28b069022bd28e84a4f8.jpeg

8930FC35-9872-4714-B49C-EDBF6B9FBD06.thumb.jpeg.1f9810b7fc1c77a4f3932998a31df3a5.jpeg

58012F68-45A4-48FD-B80D-C9F21FFE3631.thumb.jpeg.775d5798e866bd408283cb3d47dc4ff6.jpeg

Hello! 

just collected my b180 last Friday after 5-6month wait. Big upgrade for me who been driving Korean and Japanese car for >10 yrs. whole family is enjoying the ride.

I notice the radio channel does not display their respective logos not displaying the song title compare to the ones I seen in YouTube. isit because we don’t have DAB+ in SG?

22 hours ago, petetherock said:

Nice bro, did you consider the GLB before you bought this?
I drove the Renault based engine in an A class for a week and it was really good. 

Hi.

Yes, I did consider the GLB. Besides the high price, the handling is not really that well on the GLB compared to the A and B class. What GLB wins is the height and space and the so called "7" seaters which I dun think anyone in my family can sit at the last row. And if you put down the last row, there isn't any covers to cover up the boot which I normally will put all barangs barangs.

I do not think a GLB suits me, but maybe it will suit many others. What really tempts me is the new Harrier though, comfort, space, tech, etc.

18 hours ago, tormont said:

Hello! 

just collected my b180 last Friday after 5-6month wait. Big upgrade for me who been driving Korean and Japanese car for >10 yrs. whole family is enjoying the ride.

I notice the radio channel does not display their respective logos not displaying the song title compare to the ones I seen in YouTube. isit because we don’t have DAB+ in SG?

Yup, if you have DAB+, you will get details like radio station, song titles, sometimes even lyrics

• 8 months later...
On 2/1/2022 at 9:44 PM, player said:

Thanks Bro. OEM is 225/45/18? Tot it's 225/40/18.  Btw, how's the fuel comp? Lol 

OEM is 225/45/18. You mean the fuel comp on these profile or the ride? Getting around 12km/l at the moment, though I am rather heavy footed.

2015 B180 (W246) owner here. Have 16" Enkei PF03 rims on and full tank will usually give me 430 to 440 clicks till the reserve light comes on. This is based on moderate driving, occasionally overtaking road hoggers but not fast & furious. Don't think the engine is the same, the latest is equipped with a 1332 and mine / ours are 1596. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 10:28 PM, player said:

Mine is 2016 B180. Any idea if our engine are the same? 

I use to be on 18". Fuel comp bad. I down to 17". Lol

Your W246 uses a German engine from Merc

The W247 uses a Renault collaboration one with a totally different capacity.. 

For the newer W247 owners, does your car have satellite navigation? If not, have you tried retrofitting? Also, what’s your solution for converting wired CarPlay to wireless?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 11:56 PM, J.T. said:

For the newer W247 owners, does your car have satellite navigation? If not, have you tried retrofitting? Also, what’s your solution for converting wired CarPlay to wireless?

My 2020 car comes with it, but did not use it at all. Waze & google maps still best in Singapore. So far the wired carplay works fine for me. Charge phone and use navigation at the same time.

Just a info:

Now C&C provides original parts and installation for rear aircon vents for all its compact models.

This is a much wanted feature especially in Singapore where the car will most likely be hot when parked outdoors and the rear passengers are sweating due to the wait for the car to cool down. I have just done the installation by them. And I think the rear aircon vents look great as well, may be the best design rear vents in the industry.

IMG_0058.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem that C&C is slowly taking away the AMG Line for most of the compact mercedes models (B, GLA, CLA, etc) as the COE prices has climbed to such prices that it is not viable to introduce the AMG Line anymore.

32 minutes ago, Silverkris said:

It does seem that C&C is slowly taking away the AMG Line for most of the compact mercedes models (B, GLA, CLA, etc) as the COE prices has climbed to such prices that it is not viable to introduce the AMG Line anymore.

Think still available if you custom order but cnc prefers to sell ex-stock with lower specs…

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2022 at 2:23 PM, Silverkris said:

how much did it cost you?

Just a info:

Now C&C provides original parts and installation for rear aircon vents for all its compact models.

This is a much wanted feature especially in Singapore where the car will most likely be hot when parked outdoors and the rear passengers are sweating due to the wait for the car to cool down. I have just done the installation by them. And I think the rear aircon vents look great as well, may be the best design rear vents in the industry.

IMG_0058.jpg