• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W205 C200 transmission problem

Regis

Hi guys,

my c200 recently experienced a jerky change of gear especially in 3rd to 4th gear, the gear will always stuck at 3rd gear without moving to the 4th despite rpm over 3.5 in comfort mode. And the whole car keep jerking and the engine checklight just lighted up not long ago. This morning i brought the car to the eorkshop which they run a diagnostic test and they can’t seems to find any fault code. Could someone advise me what could be the reason? Thanks in advance :)A470F314-39AB-4FD8-99F0-D4EE4B8AF304.thumb.jpeg.bea8831ad218fa5c2851bd9d7942c7d7.jpeg

It sounds like your gearbox is breaking or broken. Has it only happened once or does it always happen? If it always happens and your workshop can’t diagnose the issue, you should change workshop. If it only happened once, you can try changing transmission fluid and hope that it doesn’t happen again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, Regis said:

I sent to cycle they diagnose that one of the harness fails that explains the engine checklight  being turned on. The jerking is the vehicle in limp mode preveting me from overdriving.

Can you let me know what kind of harness?

• 11 months later...
12 hours ago, Janne said:

I have the same problem, did you resolve problem? i also brought the car to the workshop which they run a diagnostic test and they can’t seems to find any fault code.

which workshop?

On 3/28/2019 at 12:56 PM, Regis said:

I sent to cycle they diagnose that one of the harness fails that explains the engine checklight  being turned on. The jerking is the vehicle in limp mode preveting me from overdriving.

I guess your ride is a C180 cos CnC don't sell C200 except C200 Mild Hybrid.

CnC don't takes PI cars

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/13/2020 at 2:45 PM, Devandrin said:

Hi, I have the same problem With my c200 w205 car jerks when in comfort mode. It’s doing it for about a month but now it’s getting worse now. The engine light just came on. Any advise on what was you guys problems.

Hi bro, did you managed to get your problem resolved? Sounds like engine misfiring problem.