• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Solar Film for windscreen and windows and to re-wrap steering wheel leather

Guest JiaJia

Guest NewC180

Hello,

Re-wrapping of steering wheel done. My hubby engaged Jackspeed (I think). They despatched someone to come collect the steering wheel from our place. Took only 1 day for them to do the job and the re-wrapped steering wheel was delivered back on the next day! Price = $200. Workmanship not bad but I thought the black looked a different shade of black compared to the original one. So now the steering wheel got two shades of black -- the new one round the rims and the centre portion (where the car horn is) is the original leather and a darker shade of black. Hmmm... I guess cannot really be perfect match.

Wow that's good price & service! I always have the impression that they are quite ex, so I've wronged them! Post some pics!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

Hello,

Re-wrapping of steering wheel done. My hubby engaged Jackspeed (I think). They despatched someone to come collect the steering wheel from our place. Took only 1 day for them to do the job and the re-wrapped steering wheel was delivered back on the next day! Price = $200. Workmanship not bad but I thought the black looked a different shade of black compared to the original one. So now the steering wheel got two shades of black -- the new one round the rims and the centre portion (where the car horn is) is the original leather and a darker shade of black. Hmmm... I guess cannot really be perfect match.

Congras, so happy for u. Wow didnt know Jackspeed provides door to door service too. Ya post some pics here for us to drool. Different color tone no worries lah, just apply some leather care products i think can cover up. :clap:

Guest clarkewan

Wow! 200$ only n got door to door delivery!!!

Think very worth it.

Post some photos please....

Can show my fil to c if he is interested.

So your car cannot drive for 1 day when steering wheel was taken out....

For leather care, I using one voodoo brand from USA.

Guest JiaJia

Hello,

Ermm... I hope I have not inflated your hopes too high with regard to the re-wrapped steering wheel. It looks quite ordinary to me leh . . . nothing fancy. Still need to post pictures?

Oh, my hubby corrected me that it should be $214 (plus GST) for the re-wrapping of the steering wheel and not $200 as I have posted earlier. Let me know via pm if you want the contact person's name and contact no for the re-wrapping.

Cheers!

Guest clarkewan

THIS PRODUCT IS DAMN GOOD....

:D :D :D

love the smell too!!!

and best it leaves not oily feeling.....

you guys should try this:

leathercleaner2.jpg

leathercleaner.jpg

my wife pinches it for her leather bags too.....

i got it thru a fren...

S$25.00 per bottle....

cheers!!!

Guest clarkewan

anyone interested in this voodoo???

i see if we can get 10 bottles and we talk to supplier....

maybe can have group buy price?

i bought mine for S$25.00

maybe group buy can get 10 to 20% cheaper??

just trying my luck....

let me know...

1. clarkewan

Guest eokh

just trying my luck....

let me know...

1. clarkewan

2. eokh

Guest JiaJia

just trying my luck....

let me know...

1. clarkewan

2. eokh

3. jiajia

Guest clarkewan

Spoken to supplier today. If we can get 10 bottles. Each bottle is 22$ only!

So far only 4 bottles.....

(3 from here n 1 from Honda fd civic forum)

Seems like a long way!

Guest mr w124

just trying my luck....

let me know...

1. clarkewan

2. eokh

3. jiajia

4.mr w124

Guest clarkewan

spoken to supplier!

usual price S$25.00 each!!

gb price S$22 each!!

1. clarkewan

2. eokh

3. jiajia

4. mr w124

5. vincent (clarkewan's fren from honda forum)

Guest mr w124

:offtopic: Yes Mike. Got it on Mon. Gold Colour 91 w124. Apparently i'm the 3rd owner. Non facelifted. Looks alot like Leons old car but without the sports rims. on steel rims with the hub caps. What struck me abt the car was good body n no visible rust even under the door seals. Plus the mileage was abt 178k when i bought it. Totally stock.

Guest mr w124

did not get a chance to check under the rear. only the front carpets. was dry. just a few things to sort out like ball joins n trans mountings. then will be good as new i believe. And hope.

:offtopic: Yes Mike. Got it on Mon. Gold Colour 91 w124. Apparently i'm the 3rd owner. Non facelifted. Looks alot like Leons old car but without the sports rims. on steel rims with the hub caps. What struck me abt the car was good body n no visible rust even under the door seals. Plus the mileage was abt 178k when i bought it. Totally stock.

Gratz Vik!!! Sounds like a twin hurhurhur. :)

Guest JiaJia

Congrats Mr W124 on your new purchase.

Looks like a really 'handsome' car. But it doesnt look too 'gold' in colour to me. Could be one of Merc's 'smoke silver'?

Guest MBfallshirmjager

Congrats on your new W124 possession! From the pics, it sure looks suave and cool - inside & outside - for its age. Are you having two W124 now or you sold off your whitey one to get this one? Hope to see your new baby in the next gathering.

Cheerios! :punk1: