• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Looking for 2nd hand W211 in Singapore... and...

Guest nsinggih

Guest east539

hi mathew,

you said the car your are currently offer is around 3.5 years old, so the registration year should be around Dec 05, should be Pre-FL one, i only noticed some Pre-FL that i came across has some air con problems, not sure it is just Pre-FL one or all is like that. but since yours is included with the APS Command, should be quite a good catch.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Mathew,

My inputs in blue. I'm currently driving a Dec 2007 FL W211 Advantgarde.

Hi,

Would like to ask a question to all the experienced MB owners here.

Have you faced any trouble with W211 mechanically? so far so good I think so ;D

What is the servicing costs like? Major and minor...normal servicing about 200 - 300 MBM charges abt $200 with Mobile I

Fuel consumption? About 10km/L? 8km to 14km depend the strength of your feet I get abt nearly 11km/L City-Highway 14km/L Highway

Diff between the avantgarde and elegance model? avantgarde: bi-zenon lights, lcd brake lights, white speedometre, Birdeye Maplewood trimmings, Blue tinted windows, 17" 5 spoke Alloy Rims, Sport Suspension

Asking because I have been offered a 3 and 1/2 yr old W211 with GPS with 25K mileage for $88K by a private owner. Very well maintained, smells like new car still, nice color. Am considering purchasing it and would like more info before I make the leap. BTW is that a good price? dont really know the current market price. check it out at sg car mart

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/listing.php?MOD=e200&AVL=2&imageField.x=27&imageField.y=15

Would apprciate any feedback given...

hope tat answers your questions. w211 is surely a good buy. or should i say merc is surely a good buy. do let us know of ur outcome.

3 1/2 years old - that put the car to end 2005? A pre FL W211 E200ML

IMHO

If possible stretch your budget a bit more and go for the FL W211 E200K New Generation - If I m not wrong, from Aug 2006.

U probably could get a 2006 FL W211 E200K - 184 bhp vs pre FL W211 E200ML 163 hp for around $100K 2006

Hope this input helps!

There're a few "prominent dealers" that I've visited for preloved MB that U might wanna check them up

Republic Auto - (C & C) - Ubi AutoMobile Megamart

Hin Lung Credit - No. 3, Hoy Fatt Road

Shuang Hup Credit - Commonwealth Lane

BKW - No. 120 Lower Delta Road - Cendex Centre

BW AutoMobiles - 159 Sin Ming Rd #01-02 Amtech Building

Good Luck!

Guest tan131

I m on a Nov 2006 FL W211 Elegence.

Hi,

Would like to ask a question to all the experienced MB owners here.

Have you faced any trouble with W211 mechanically? Nothing Mechanical. Just the usual of front 2 shock absorbers (warrenty) & maybe the engine block gasket.

What is the servicing costs like? Varies from workshop to workshop.. shouldn't be too high.

Fuel consumption? About 10km/L? depending on the size of your rims, width of your tyre, type of rubber and the strength of your right foot. I get abt about 11km-12km/L

Diff between the avantgarde and elegance model? avantgarde: bi-zenon lights, led brake lights, white speedometre, Birdeye Maplewood trimmings, Blue tinted windows, 17" 5 spoke Alloy Rims, Sport Suspension--- Mine comes with 16" rims and black tinted rear windscreen & rear windows.

Asking because I have been offered a 3 and 1/2 yr old W211 with GPS with 25K mileage for $88K by a private owner. Very well maintained, smells like new car still, nice color. Am considering purchasing it and would like more info before I make the leap. BTW is that a good price? dont really know the current market price. check it out at sg car mart

Would apprciate any feedback given...

A W211 is surely a good buy. Merc has better resale value and lesser problems as compared to, say a BMW (personal experience of 2 BMWs vs 3 Mercs my family has owned before). Road tax is much lesser which is good!

I suggest stretch your budget a bit more and go for the FL W211 E200K New Generation -

FL W211 E200K - 184 bhp vs pre FL W211 E200ML 163 hp (because of the lesser power, you "might" end up with higher fuel consumption if you have a heavy right foot.

I got mine from Republic Auto - (C & C) - Ubi AutoMobile Megamart