• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Looking for 2nd hand W211 in Singapore... and...

Guest nsinggih

Guest nsinggih

Hey All,

Been lurking in this forum for quite a while :) I recently moved back to Singapore, and now thinking to get a 2nd hand W211.

After several visits and talks with the dealers, one of it is Rep. Auto, I was informed that on top of the price, I also have to pay transfer fees, can you please let me know if this is a normal practice, or is it a way for them to get more money out of me (I thought transfer fee, as a cost, should've been included in their pricing).

Also, can you please let me know, based on your knowledge, how much can I bargain in a 2nd hand market, would $2 - 3K good enough?

Thanks,

N.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raskie

good time to grab the W211 ... quite some on the mkt and at very good price ...

i suggest to look at the papers and SGcarmart to get ad idea on the price ... typically it should not deviate too much dealer to dealer ... one that is suspiciously cheap, you must take note ...

I'm not sure if MBM offers Merc checks for potential buyer like VICOM or AA .. would be good if they do for a price so that one can buy in peace ...

Yes - there is a transfer fee involved in purchasing 2nd hand car ... it varies from car model ...

It's a buyer's mkt and you'll be surprise at how long they can go ... I would not hesitate to go for more than 10K off if not even more ... you 'll be surprise how much they took the car in in the 1st place ...

Guest nsinggih

$10K? I think that's stretch it really far... but I agree with your comment that it is a buyer's market... will negotiate further.

I'm offered a full service at C&C as part of the sales deal, I take it that I can rely on C&C report to indicate if there's any servicing/replacement that is required. When I test-drive the car, it shows that the Brake require repair, and this will be taken care of.

Let's hope the dealer will reduce their price... :)

$10K? I think that's stretch it really far... but I agree with your comment that it is a buyer's market... will negotiate further.

I'm offered a full service at C&C as part of the sales deal, I take it that I can rely on C&C report to indicate if there's any servicing/replacement that is required. When I test-drive the car, it shows that the Brake require repair, and this will be taken care of.

$10k is not too much to cut from them

trust me

Guest Raskie

if u feel rich, then maybe like u say, offer them 2k off ...

do a simple test,

pretend you have the same car you are eyeing and call up a few dealers and tell them you are selling ... see how much they offer ...

have fun ...

Hey All,

Been lurking in this forum for quite a while :) I recently moved back to Singapore, and now thinking to get a 2nd hand W211.

After several visits and talks with the dealers, one of it is Rep. Auto, I was informed that on top of the price, I also have to pay transfer fees, can you please let me know if this is a normal practice, or is it a way for them to get more money out of me (I thought transfer fee, as a cost, should've been included in their pricing).

Also, can you please let me know, based on your knowledge, how much can I bargain in a 2nd hand market, would $2 - 3K good enough?

Thanks,

N.

Hi nsinggih, :welcome: to SGMERC....

Try looking around , there are plenty of dealer who deal with MB.

The dealer you mention, they do have a big range of MB but the are a bro/sis company of C&C,meaning the price might not be a real bargain.

Try sgcarmart as a guild line,

Personnally, I find this BKW's car use to be one of the cheapest in market.

Happy seaching and remember it is a 'BUYER MARKET' now if you do not need to take up too much loan.

Guest east539

Hi nsinggih,

if your budget allow, you can go around compare the price between the 2nd hand & the brand new than decide which you want to get & compare the specs & options too. coz the outgoing model new car price is very well price & with the rebates added in, so it might be more worth to buy the new one instead.

Guest nsinggih

Hi All,

Thanks. I'm specifically looking for 2nd hand, to keep the depreciation (money that I loss) at a low level. I had look into new cars, but as everyone is aware, the money you loss in the first few years is a lot.

If I look into the calculation of the cars that I'm aiming for (in the region of $70K to $90K), I found that most dealers are asking price that are $16K to $18K above the current / today paper value. Am I in-line with everyone else here?

Assuming I can get it at $10K below, that'll give them around $6K to $8K profit...

Appreciate your experience in all this. :)

cheers!

N

To put the dealers profit into the picture is rather wrong when getting a used car, their would need to make certain amount out of each car, these are their income....They need to eat too.

Those price which are diff might be spec,omv. condition matter, they wont be so stupid to waste advertisment cost.

Why dont you try buying from a owner direct.Plenty owner selling but this doesnt mean will be cheaper.

Good luck....

Guest east539

just be careful when the price seem too low to be true, sometimes low low price doesn't mean good things. the best is spend a bit to have it inspect before signing the dotted line.

STA?

Thanks.

I bought my used W211 (Dec 2007 - 18K km) early last month.

Before buying it, I sent the car to MBM for an inspection. :thumbsup:

Yes Yes, you can sent it to MBM for a evaluation test.

Dealer chiak no mercy man. I spoke recently with a few dealers on how much they would take in a 3 year old Golf GTi... $39-42k - these are cars with at least a $13-15k COE so if you can imagine the new ones that sold for 4k COE.. tsk tsk..

Guest east539

yar lor, when you sell them your car if they quote low & you ask them why so low & if you tell them yours is high COE, they will reply you "no different one lah" & when they sell you their car & quote you a price you feel a bit high & they will reply "this car COE high leh, that is why price is like that, worth it one". they makan us kao kao de.

Guest Raskie

yar lor, when you sell them your car if they quote low & you ask them why so low & if you tell them yours is high COE, they will reply you "no different one lah" & when they sell you their car & quote you a price you feel a bit high & they will reply "this car COE high leh, that is why price is like that, worth it one". they makan us kao kao de.

hahahaha ... dun we all know ... 'hard to sell la', 'times are bad', 'this model too many on the mkt', 'this model too niche', 'no margin to make', 'colour not popular le', 'take in high, how to sell, new car price so low' etc etc ...

Hi nsinggih, i'm eyeing 2 cars on the online carmart .. the price has fallen over 2 mths by 10K for one of them and the other 8K ... for the former, when i asked the dealer 2mths ago, he die die say lowest price and offered me 1k off the listed price 'best la bro, for you only' ... the price he offered for my ride ??? ... well my workshop guy heard it, he says he top that up by $20K and will buy from me ... so you can imagine how low they will go ...

in fact, quite surprise he din ask me to pay him for taking-in my car ! :surrender:

Dealer chiak no mercy man. I spoke recently with a few dealers on how much they would take in a 3 year old Golf GTi... $39-42k - these are cars with at least a $13-15k COE so if you can imagine the new ones that sold for 4k COE.. tsk tsk..

WHAT!!!! 3yr old 40+K only

mai tu liao... i will gladly pay the owner 50 !! ... unfortunately... i am already stuck with my Fuji Heavy Industrial machine.

Guest nsinggih

Ya, dealer will always try to eat more of us! Hahahaha

But if we calculated the current paper value, we should be able to estimate the 'profit' they are making, and it is right that newer 2nd hand car, gain more profit than the older one.

For example, I saw a 2 years old E200 with profit of closer to $60K compared to paper value (they will call the profit, body value), whilst older car from 2004, 2005 will have less than $20K profit / body value.

I guess that's why the car in Singapore, you lost lots of money in the first 5 years.....

But if we calculated the current paper value, we should be able to estimate the 'profit' they are making, and it is right that newer 2nd hand car, gain more profit than the older one.

For example, I saw a 2 years old E200 with profit of closer to $60K compared to paper value (they will call the profit, body value), whilst older car from 2004, 2005 will have less than $20K profit / body value.

I guess that's why the car in Singapore, you lost lots of money in the first 5 years.....

I dont think that is the actual profit....cant be that much.

For example, if you are the owner of that car and the dealer offer you at that kind of price, will you sell to them ?

Some car they calculate it as paper value plus body but not all car.

Guest kepiting1sg

9339 ]

But if we calculated the current paper value, we should be able to estimate the ' wrote:

I dont think that is the actual profit....cant be that much.

For example, if you are the owner of that car and the dealer offer you at that kind of price, will you sell to them ?

Some car they calculate it as paper value plus body but not all car.

Bro 9339,

Profit $60K or even $20K from a 2 years old E200 - I wanna quit my job and becums an used car dealer lol.

I believe I will be able to sell @ least 1 car a month if that's what buyers are willing to pay. :wifstupid:

Ya la....If a car dealer can make more than $10K from each car...... :love7:

I think i want quit my job and join them and start my dream of collecting E55AMG, C55AMG, CL63AMG , SL63AMG, C63AMG......in my big house with big car pouch....hahaa......

Guest sy69u

I'm selling my W211......

Model: W211 - E200K

Reg Date: 16 May 2007

Colour: Black

Leather: Grey

Owner: 01

Rims: AMG 18"

Tyres: Goodyear F1 Asymetric (02 months old)

HorsePower: 187 - ^ (depends on who is saying it)

Audio: GPS Command System

Milage: about 39K

Service & warranty by C&C.

If interested, please make me an offer.

Guest kepiting1sg

I'm selling my W211......

Model: W211 - E200K

Reg Date: 16 May 2007

Colour: Black

Leather: Grey

Owner: 01

Rims: AMG 18"

Tyres: Goodyear F1 Asymetric (02 months old)

HorsePower: 187 - ^ (depends on who is saying it)

Audio: GPS Command System

Milage: about 39K

Service & warranty by C&C.

If interested, please make me an offer.

Bro 9339,

I drool when I see posting of amg cars for sale by FA....I can only dream of it in this life. :banghead:

Hello Bro SY69U,

With regard to your intention to sell your 2 years+, very high mileage, not so nice color, not iPod friendly HU E200K,

I will be better than the used car dealers offer of paper value + a few $K nia.

I dun mind to have a 2nd W211 for my wife and I hope U can kindly consider my generous offer

of your car paper value + $25,000 + $1K NTUC shopping vouchers. Swee boh?

Looking forward to your kind considerations please!