• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Looking for 2nd hand W211 in Singapore... and...

Guest nsinggih

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

Save Muther Earth - Go green - stop burning fossil fuel.

I hope that my son will get to ride 1 of this. :evlaugh:

SporeScooter2-ST.jpg

Guest sy69u

Batam Cheem ]

I' wrote:

Bro 9339,

I drool when I see posting of amg cars for sale by FA....I can only dream of it in this life. :banghead:

Hello Bro SY69U,

With regard to your intention to sell your 2 years+, very high mileage, not so nice color, not iPod friendly HU E200K,

I will be better than the used car dealers offer of paper value + a few $K nia.

I dun mind to have a 2nd W211 for my wife and I hope U can kindly consider my generous offer

of your car paper value + $25,000 + $1K NTUC shopping vouchers. Swee boh?

Looking forward to your kind considerations please!

unker, will cnosider your genorous offer. btw, my car is only 1 year, 10 mnoths & 15 days old.

Guest kepiting1sg

unker, will cnosider your genorous offer. btw, my car is only 1 year, 10 mnoths & 15 days old.

Very sorli! Unker neber go to skool high high and cannot count very good!

Pls. consider my ginorous offer hor!!!! :evlaugh:

car paper value + $25,000 + $1K NTUC shopping vouchers = S$ ____??? how much ???

1. (OMV x 110%) x 75% = PARF rebate

2. (COE x Balance Value) = COE rebate

3. Car Export Value = Body value

1. So assuming OMV was around $53k at that time, the PARF paid would have been $58,300. Take 75% of this value for vehicles under 5 years old and you'll get $43,725

2. COE for May 2007 $17,879 x balance = $14,601

3. Car Export Value = This one I have no idea but let's say we peg it at $25-30k ? Currently, 2004 E200k exporters are asking $20-22k for 2004 model.

Throw in 25k cash + 1k NTUC vouchers and you have the total. :P

That mean according to bro nsinggih , dealer will be offering lower than $84K.....'Tua Tua Tan Tan'

Let say if you are the owner of this car, bought it at $170K++ 1 year 10 month ago, will you sell him at $85K ?

Current market selling stocks W211 E200 FL @ $115k- $125K .

That mean according to bro nsinggih , dealer will be offering lower than $84K.....'Tua Tua Tan Tan'

Let say if you are the owner of this car, bought it at $170K++ 1 year 10 month ago, will you sell him at $85K ?

2006 523 asking $96k

Jan 2005 E200ML asking $75.8k

Mar 2005 E240 asking $83.8k

From what I understand, a cars' export value is highest before the 3rd year as the cars are generally able to be exported to many countries. Once it's past the 4th and 5th year, the export window gets smaller hence the value drops by quite abit.

Many 5 series owners 'terng kor'. Purchased at 160-170k, sell half price after 3 years.

To add, just saw 2005 Sep CLS 350 asking $139k, more than half off in 3.5 years.

Guest kepiting1sg

When I was hunting for an used FL W211 in early Feb '09 that was abt 1 month ago nia.

I been to RA, BKW, B&W, Hin Lun, Ubi Car Megamart - I viewed more than a dozen FL W211s (2006 -2007)

At RA - I saw an Aug 2006 W211 Elegant with abt 30K km.

Their offer $109K - My offer of below $105K was rejected

At BKW - Their offer of $116K - My cash offer of $112K for a Aug 2007 W211 Advantgarde 15K km

was also rejected unless I take a loan. No loan $113K. Only $1K diff. but I stood my ground!

When U hit at your "rite price" - Walking away or wait a few days for them to cum back to U - No use!

When they cannot sell U at the price U offer, they will not sell.

So Bro 9339 your statement "Current market selling stocks W211 E200 FL @ $115k- $125K" quite chun hor! :clap:

So take note that for cash payment & loan taking will fetch 2 different prices.

IMCCBO - They not only need to make a cut-throat profit rom selling the car(buyers market), they also need to cover themselves for buyer to take up loans too or else it's not worth their while for them to sell.

Guest Raskie

Unker - I agreed ...

they in this business to make money anyway ... if the price is not right, they will not sell but everything can be nego .. "willing seller willing buyer" .. anyone can walk away ...

like my experience, dealer offered me $1K below asking and refused any other offer I made .. now they asking 10K below when I first viewed !

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker - I agreed ...

they in this business to make money anyway ... if the price is not right, they will not sell but everything can be nego .. "willing seller willing buyer" .. anyone can walk away ...

like my experience, dealer offered me $1K below asking and refused any other offer I made .. now they asking 10K below when I first viewed !

U are correct - The 2006 Aug W211 I saw at RA - weeks earlier they were asking for $110+K & when I viewed the car, they have readvertised & had lowered their price to $109K - so when I was willing to offer something like $104K, they refused to sell.

The Salesman there burnt the bridge anyway when he told me "rudely" that at that kind of price I offered, the car would have been long sold and won't be waiting for me to buy. :twinmfinger:

I was sold f$#king heppy when I found my 1 year 1 mth old W211 with the right color and upholstery that I wanted.

The dealer happens to be next to our sponsor FA and I couldn't wait even when Bro Kompressor @ FA wanted to help me nego for a better price.

U are damn rite - "willing seller & willing buyer" price not rite - U dun sell or U dun buy. :thumbsup:

Guest Raskie

wahahahaha ... i think all 2nd hand dealers went to the same training school leh...

that is what the salesguy said too "at that kind of price you offered, the car would have been long sold and won't be waiting for you to buy" !!! wahahahahahaha ....

:punk1:

Guest kepiting1sg

wahahahaha ... i think all 2nd hand dealers went to the same training school leh...

that is what the salesguy said too "at that kind of price you offered, the car would have been long sold and won't be waiting for you to buy" !!! wahahahahahaha ....

:punk1:

Maybe I should have told him to look for a spider....wakakaka!!!! ;)

Guest alumetal

the same happen to me when i went to RA to check-out a w211 last month.

they wanted 123K and i offered 118k but was turn-down.

reoffer them at 119k and was also turn-down.

finally, went to buy a new one !

RA is a bro company to C&C,70/30. That why they simply 'Bo Chap' kind of attitude.....

Look at those few dealer from RA which station in MBC waiting to make offer to our trade in car.....kind of attitude :twinmfinger:

Guest east539

but even if purchase from C&C the delivery date like also keep dragging leh, before sign the dotted line the SE told me once the loan approve, within 7 days can take delivery liao, until now close to 2.5 weeks still ask me wait, only last night called & informed me next week confirmed can take delivery...haizzzz :banghead: :banghead:, somemore my loan application the very first day send it already approved liao. :twinmfinger:

Guest sy69u

but even if purchase from C&C the delivery date like also keep dragging leh, before sign the dotted line the SE told me once the loan approve, within 7 days can take delivery liao, until now close to 2.5 weeks still ask me wait, only last night called & informed me next week confirmed can take delivery...haizzzz :banghead: :banghead:, somemore my loan application the very first day send it already approved liao. :twinmfinger:

lucky u. think ur car was deliverd direct from factory & not ex-stock. check the manufacturing date on the log card to confirm. did u ask for any special request for the car?

Guest east539

lucky u. think ur car was deliverd direct from factory & not ex-stock. check the manufacturing date on the log card to confirm. did u ask for any special request for the car?

yar, that is what my SE told me, said the shippment just reach our shore & the manufacturing date is Jan - Feb 09, need to pay tax & some duno what for clearance. special requests??? no leh...i only request for black leather interior, dun think this is the reason for delay, it is a very common color, isn't it?

Guest sy69u

think wat u paid was suppose to be for ex-stock... think they ran out of the colours combination u wanted so need to special indent again.. u were lucky becoz its a jan/feb 2009 manufacture not 2008.... so be thankful about it... a blessing in disguise.............

Guest narmi

g8crasher ]

That mean according to bro nsinggih , dealer will be offering lower than $84K.....' wrote:

2006 523 asking $96k

Jan 2005 E200ML asking $75.8k

Mar 2005 E240 asking $83.8k

From what I understand, a cars' export value is highest before the 3rd year as the cars are generally able to be exported to many countries. Once it's past the 4th and 5th year, the export window gets smaller hence the value drops by quite abit.

Many 5 series owners 'terng kor'. Purchased at 160-170k, sell half price after 3 years.

To add, just saw 2005 Sep CLS 350 asking $139k, more than half off in 3.5 years.

Brudder... don't remind me ah... :'( :'( :'( :'(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mathew

Unker - I agreed ...

U are correct - The 2006 Aug W211 I saw at RA - weeks earlier they were asking for $110+K & when I viewed the car, they have readvertised & had lowered their price to $109K - so when I was willing to offer something like $104K, they refused to sell.

The Salesman there burnt the bridge anyway when he told me "rudely" that at that kind of price I offered, the car would have been long sold and won't be waiting for me to buy. :twinmfinger:

I was sold f$#king heppy when I found my 1 year 1 mth old W211 with the right color and upholstery that I wanted.

The dealer happens to be next to our sponsor FA and I couldn't wait even when Bro Kompressor @ FA wanted to help me nego for a better price.

U are damn rite - "willing seller & willing buyer" price not rite - U dun sell or U dun buy. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Would like to ask a question to all the experienced MB owners here.

Have you faced any trouble with W211 mechanically?

What is the servicing costs like? Major and minor...

Fuel consumption? About 10km/L?

Diff between the avantgarde and elegance model?

Asking because I have been offered a 3 and 1/2 yr old W211 with GPS with 25K mileage for $88K by a private owner. Very well maintained, smells like new car still, nice color. Am considering purchasing it and would like more info before I make the leap. BTW is that a good price?

Would apprciate any feedback given...

Guest sy69u

hi mathew,

will try to answer your questions but its only from my experience. i'm currently driving the fl w211. r u looking at e same type?

Hi,

Would like to ask a question to all the experienced MB owners here.

Have you faced any trouble with W211 mechanically? so far so good

What is the servicing costs like? Major and minor...normal servicing about 200 - 300

Fuel consumption? About 10km/L? 8km to 14km depend the strength of your feet

Diff between the avantgarde and elegance model? avantgarde: bi-zenon lights, lcd brake lights, white speedometre, black wooden trimmings,

Asking because I have been offered a 3 and 1/2 yr old W211 with GPS with 25K mileage for $88K by a private owner. Very well maintained, smells like new car still, nice color. Am considering purchasing it and would like more info before I make the leap. BTW is that a good price? dont really know the current market price. check it out at sg car mart

Would apprciate any feedback given...

hope tat answers your questions. w211 is surely a good buy. or should i say merc is surely a good buy. do let us know of ur outcome.