• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B class

Guest angela

Guest 777kenny

I have the rear side airbags and the panoramic roof. Its a long time to wait if you want those features but wife is loving the car now !

Perhaps my only regret is not having enough patience to opt for the panoramic roof :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Forsei

Update impressions after 2nd test drive of B class heh... :P

Good built, solid. Door closes with nice thump, but not so thumpy as the C or E class though

Bonnet, heavy. but no bonnet insulator! Was told it can be added on for 1k+!!! So ex for a bonnet insulator?

Firewall insulated, nice soft rubbery material, not the fluffy type.

Interesting tt the battery is under the driver's seat!

Nice 17inch rims, but a bit of compromise on comfort. Anyone has the 16inch ones? was told no way we can change this option.

Problem of vibration and a bit of noise at idle still. A bit irritating due to fairly good insulation from outside noise.

On the go, the car is smooth and engine is quite quiet. Only some rubbling tyre noise for the CSC2's. Handles fairly well for me, not tt soft.

not much interior storage though...as mentioned. But interior built and quality is good. Of cos, the space is v good. More spacious than the C class. Almost like the E, without the hump in the back. The interior is black, although there r other colors I've seen on the local MB site, is it avail here? or must special indent?

:D

Boot space is v good, for such a short car.

I like it! ;)

See how la, still undecided on which car to choose at the moment.

Guest 777kenny

Update impressions after 2nd test drive of B class heh... :P

Good built, solid. Door closes with nice thump, but not so thumpy as the C or E class though

Bonnet, heavy. but no bonnet insulator! Was told it can be added on for 1k+!!! So ex for a bonnet insulator?

Interesting tt the battery is under the driver's seat!

Nice 17inch rims, but a bit of compromise on comfort. Anyone has the 16inch ones? was told no way we can change this option.

Problem of vibration and a bit of noise at idle still. A bit irritating due to fairly good insulation from outside noise.

On the go, the car is smooth and engine is quite quiet. Only some rubbling tyre noise for the CSC2's. Handles fairly well for me, not tt soft.

not much interior storage though...as mentioned. But interior built and quality is good. Of cos, the space is v good. More spacious than the C class. Almost like the E, without the hump in the back. The interior is black, although there r other colors I've seen on the local MB site, is it avail here? or must special indent?

:D

Boot space is v good, for such a short car.

I like it! ;)

See how la, still undecided on which car to choose at the moment.

Forsei, ur updated impression is right on! Only that my idle engine is quiet ;) About the bonnet insulation, think it only helps to reduce engine noise outside and not inside the cabin.

So what other cars are you considering also?

Guest flyboy

No lah, not so expensive. Ask your SE to get for you got 10% discount, will cost around $450.

Anyway, not much a difference from the cabin but definitely sound a bit better from the outside. I don't about you guys, I find it sound the car like a van when idle from the outside.

Cheers!

Guest Forsei

Bonnet insulator not so effective for interior noise? Well, was hoping tt might help with it.

Kenny, hope ur b class is representative of most of the cars, ie quiet at idle. What abt other bro's b class?

Am thinking if it's due the low rpm at idle, maybe can tune it a bit up?

I'm also looking at the 2.4 CRV and maybe the c4 picasso (yet to test it, though it looks really beautiful from pics)

The CRV also has vibration at idle, haha...no kid, in fact, the prev gen of accord also. I take careful notice of such things heh)The CRV is surprisingly refined, but the ride is def softer than the b class. a bit bouncy despite what has been done cf G2 CRV. But so common lah, and also road tax and fuel costs will def outweigh the b.

Bonnet insulator not so effective for interior noise? Well, was hoping tt might help with it.

Kenny, hope ur b class is representative of most of the cars, ie quiet at idle. What abt other bro's b class?

Am thinking if it's due the low rpm at idle, maybe can tune it a bit up?

I'm also looking at the 2.4 CRV and maybe the c4 picasso (yet to test it, though it looks really beautiful from pics)

The CRV also has vibration at idle, haha...no kid, in fact, the prev gen of accord also. I take careful notice of such things heh)The CRV is surprisingly refined, but the ride is def softer than the b class. a bit bouncy despite what has been done cf G2 CRV. But so common lah, and also road tax and fuel costs will def outweigh the b.

Saw the Picasso. W=Very cool with the sky roof. But only afraid resel value of the car is gonna suck as compared to the CRV or B-Class.

Guest Cklasse

Side track a bit....any B-class would like to join the Penang trip? You will see the potential of the car on long journey. I had driven my previous A-class to Ipoh and it proved to be a nice car that is capable of doing long distance and speed at 150 km/h. ;D

Guest aspade

My highest speed on my W168 was 170 km/hr before mod. After fixing my surbo, I could reach 170 easily (this is not a advertisement - just my experience).

Back on the topic of B Class, While I am extremely happy with my B170, I noticed many B classes on the 2nd hand market. At least 7 B170 and 2 B200 - all less than 2 years old. What could be the reason ya think ? I think it happened to W168 series when the Tai Tais dumped the car after its cutiness wears out.

Guest Cklasse

The early high OMV batch of W168 had quite a fair bit of problem. Gearbox module problem, sound, seat handle broke, and a long list for some.

The B-class can go faster than 170 km/h. I had clocked a A140 at 180 km/h at the autobahn for a prolong period of time, so I have no doubt about the B-class performance.

Kompressor ]

OT** Pooo' wrote:

yeah, pooo finally understand his car so well now. he is a happier owner now.

i think his car can go a bit more, maybe 190

Dunno man, didn't feel like it i could squeeze out more power, perhaps if i give in to a little poison.. haha =D

Guest BlackAmour

I am also why there are about 7 B class on SGCarmart on sale. These cars are less than 2 or 1 year. Anyone have any idea why? Problems with the B? Or After driving for a while power not enough so change? Hmm....

My highest speed on my W168 was 170 km/hr before mod. After fixing my surbo, I could reach 170 easily (this is not a advertisement - just my experience).

Back on the topic of B Class, While I am extremely happy with my B170, I noticed many B classes on the 2nd hand market. At least 7 B170 and 2 B200 - all less than 2 years old. What could be the reason ya think ? I think it happened to W168 series when the Tai Tais dumped the car after its cutiness wears out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

I am also why there are about 7 B class on SGCarmart on sale. These cars are less than 2 or 1 year. Anyone have any idea why? Problems with the B? Or After driving for a while power not enough so change? Hmm....

Those were all cars from the Daimler Headoffice in Sg, was told by the used-car SE. Some of them even have the car-park label of Daimler HQ in Sg. Pretty low mileage some of these cars.

More than enough power if you buy the turbo!

not exactly because DC they are not into turbo technology. and also i doubt about the handling too.

I've driven the B200 turbo for about 5 months already and I must say so far so good.

Kompressor ]

More than enough power if you buy the turbo!

not exactly because DC they are not into turbo technology. and also i doubt about the handling too.

I' wrote:

bro, sorry i dun mean no good. definitely B200 turbo is a good car.

my comments is if you really push the car at high speed or high speed turning such as B road drive, and when turbo kick in not sure about the handling because of its height compare to saloon.

No worries. So far I've driven it to 150 max, still stable. THe turbo version is equipped with sports suspension, Adaptive Damping System (ADS) and speed sensitive steering. So far, I've tried cornering at 90 km/h (must be crazy hehe...) and it 's ok. The turbo actually kicks in pretty early (at 2500 - 3000 rpm).

I agree with you the drag is higher compared to normal saloon cars. I read an article on the comparison between B200T and VW GTi somewhere saying that although the two cars can produce similar torque of 280nm, the VW still outrun the B200T due to the drag.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

Wa, i've been thinking bout upgrading from a to b and am not so sure bout its performance, reading this thread has somewhat given me some confidence.....am not so happy with my babe sometimes flooring the pedal does not get the extra power during overtaking, have to pump a few times before it kicks in, am worried tat the b170 may have the same characteristic.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here, may be considering the B180 as advertised today. Can anyone enlighten how the overtrade work and any ballpark overtrade figure to share for a typical Japanese 1.6 car?

I am look at my first conti ride and hoping to jump ship ... if the price is right.

found out fm my SE:

B180 'Blue Efficiency' is just a 'factory' (i would believe C&C) re-badged B170 (... a mktg move at the end of the product shelf-life, if u ask me;). Other markets have the 'real' B150/B170 'Stop-Start' Blue-Efficiency models)

List price: $112,888

o/trade: $3K

fin rebate: $8K (90% loan)

accessories: $2K

If you factor all this in; it's B180 at $99K.

It's a B170. Period.