• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B class

Guest angela

Hi 777Kenny,

Thanks. So far test drive on the AYE within speed limit. Wondering if it is stable and quiet at higher speed. Typically travelling around 130-170 in the NS highway when the traffic is good. 170 is almost the limit of my focus unless I get more horses. Noise insulation is so..so on my focus. Still tempted on B-class even if have to go slower. The space will be good for carrying bulky items, except my complaint is that it may not be able to fit in a full size golf bag without folding down the chair. Does the car come with anti-theft alarm? I hope it is safe to drive and park in Malaysia.

Hi Forsei

Thanks. Please PM me your SE.

Cheers :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

JUst got my B200 Turbo 2weeks back and am enjoying it! Power is great when you need it and petrol consumption is pretty good for a turbo car. Hope to meet up with you guys soon.

hi

welcome to the club!

see you at meetup on the 25th Sunday! 5pm onwards!

hmmm must have a taxi ride on the B200T...

Guest 777kenny

Hi Guys

JUst got my B200 Turbo 2weeks back and am enjoying it! Power is great when you need it and petrol consumption is pretty good for a turbo car. Hope to meet up with you guys soon.

Congrat! What colour is ur ride?

No plans yet. Maybe rims. I've already gotten spoiler done before collection. Any good mods to recommend?

Did you have to pay extra for the rear spoiler ? Funny the SE recommends that the exterior tuning be done outside of the the benz center like Benzline or so ....

I feel that the B-Class looks very nice with the spoiler on... Anyone B-owners interested in organizing a group buy ?

The brabus one looks good too.

Yes I did. Actually, my SE got it from Benzline, painted and install it for me outside of C&C before handing the car to me. Cost done at C&C is about $1200+ but SE got it done outside at about $900+.

Guest 777kenny

Yes I did. Actually, my SE got it from Benzline, painted and install it for me outside of C&C before handing the car to me. Cost done at C&C is about $1200+ but SE got it done outside at about $900+.

So the spoiler on ur ride is the Mercedes design or 3rd party type (eg. Brabus)?

Aspade...I'm On for the GB man if the deal is good ;)

Kenny, my ride is still on the way to SG.... Got to wait a while if I am organizing the GB. Anyone else interested ?

The official list price for the Merc rear spoiler in UK is about 188 pounds (about S$550) without VAT. But the price does not include the labor or paint job or GST and the installer margins. So, hmm .... although expensive, S$900 is considered a fair good price for a job done professionally by a vendor. From a DIY perspective, what I gathered is that the installation is a "snap" but the problem is getting the paint job done correctly as the parts comes primed but not painted.

Have not checked the Brabus pricing (part No. 245-450-00) but expect it to be up to 50% more ... Appreciate if anyone knows the price ?

Mine's originally accessory from MB. SE got the spoiler at abt $650 (if I'm not wrong). The spoiler comes with double sided tape for installation. Not so secure though. Asked installer to put silicon instead.

• 3 months later...
Guest Forsei

Hi all!

Sorry for attempting to revive this thread...but I dun think I should start a new one. :P

Anyway, I finally got to test out the B170 last sun.

It was going at a v attractive price, but I guess it should be gone by now...

I'd like to get some opinions from the bros here wrt the b170.

I'd list the negatives 1st...(got many positives of cos, but it's the negatives which bother me)

On turning the ignition (IR key, cool)...engine note sounds good, but then there's rather (to me) distinct vibration and noise at idle. A bit disconcerting.

Engine not on the move not so noisy.

The ride was rather firm, but not too uncomfortable...could be due to the 17inch rims with low profile tyres?

The take off seemed slow, maybe need to depress the accelerator more to get it moving, can get used to it I guess.

The drive was ok, can't really comment due to the short test drive route. Steering was light.

Not much space for storage in the cabin. No rear arm rest.

On the other hand, it's v spacious for such a short car. The built quality is very good, though not the most beautiful.

Doors close like a benz should haha....not like a jap offering. Made in Germany.

What bugs me most is the vibration and noise at idle as well as the rather 'busy' engine note. I was hoping it'd be a bit more refined heh

Bros to comment?

Tks!!

Guest Cklasse

Kenny, my ride is still on the way to SG.... Got to wait a while if I am organizing the GB. Anyone else interested ?

The official list price for the Merc rear spoiler in UK is about 188 pounds (about S$550) without VAT. But the price does not include the labor or paint job or GST and the installer margins. So, hmm .... although expensive, S$900 is considered a fair good price for a job done professionally by a vendor. From a DIY perspective, what I gathered is that the installation is a "snap" but the problem is getting the paint job done correctly as the parts comes primed but not painted.

Have not checked the Brabus pricing (part No. 245-450-00) but expect it to be up to 50% more ... Appreciate if anyone knows the price ?

If this spoiler has a MErcedes-Benz part number, try this shop in Serangoon. They bring in original parts and I have been getting mine from them, price is reasonable. They have the parts catalog to check.

Hup Soon Tat, tel 62947100

Guest 777kenny

Hi Forsei... so how attractive was the deal? They really throw in free COE? ;)

About the engine noise at idle...think there are also other engine 'problems' reported also, like engine stalls at idle due RPM too low. However, they are rather inconsistent, in the sense that some have it and some don't. In my case, I'm glad that my B170 is behaving nicely so far (fingers crossed)...and am actually impressed with how quiet the cabin is in idle and during cruise. The only time I find the engine is running rough is between 2500-2900 RPM...quite strange.

Agree that the 45 series low profile tyres do affect the ride comfort a bit. And there are not as many cuppy holes as compared to other rides...but I don't usually keep my half-finished mineral water bottle there for days.

Power wise, it is adequate for normal daily commute and family runs. The B200 Turbo should partly satisfy performace conscious drivers. But then at that price, there are other more value-for-money choices out there.

Guest Forsei

Free COE meant tt the car is sold at the price where COE is not incl. , which is 101k as cf with 109k. ie pricing without their COE. ex stock

Which is still v attractive. But I think no more liao, since left one unit last sun.

For the optional stuff like panaromic roof, rear blinds...not an option.

777kenny, ur car is quiet and idle and cruise? Tt's good and reassuring.

Maybe I need to try again hehe...

How's the fc? some guys here mentioned abt 8.5l/100km, which is pretty good!

Guest 777kenny

Free COE meant tt the car is sold at the price where COE is not incl. , which is 101k as cf with 109k. ie pricing without their COE. ex stock

Which is still v attractive. But I think no more liao, since left one unit last sun.

For the optional stuff like panaromic roof, rear blinds...not an option.

777kenny, ur car is quiet and idle and cruise? Tt's good and reassuring.

Maybe I need to try again hehe...

How's the fc? some guys here mentioned abt 8.5l/100km, which is pretty good!

FC wise i got 9-9.5L/km (70% highway / 30% city). Not too bad. so one tank can last you about 520km+

During cruise at 90km/h...RPM is only at 1700...so cabin is pretty quiet. The only noise at that speed is from the tyres

Guest aspade

Had my B170 for more than a month now. Must say I'm a happy man.

Just one point to add with regards to power / performance. With its CVT and 1.7L setup, acceleration from stop is only decent. Even in S mode, the rpm seem to steady at about 4500 while the car picks up speed. Not so exciting.

But there is a little mentioned feature for B170 : the throttle can actually be pressed even further when its at the limit. Its feels like there's a big button behind the throttle - Need to press hard to activate it. Then the engine will rev to red line. Makes the car feels a little more aggressive. But of course nothing like EVO or WRX lah - just a little perk for old man like me.

Try it.

Guest Forsei

Hi Aspade,

Nice to hear u're enjoying ur ride.

Where's this button? is it on the floor?

I'll try looking for it next time at the showroom hehe...

Do u have the rear side air bags option? or the rear arm rest?

Guest 777kenny

Where's this button? is it on the floor?

The button is behind the accelerator. You need to floor the accelerator...then a bit beyond the detent to press it (with the pedal).

Again...to me, the B is meant to be a smooth and comfy car. And at this price range, there are other performace-oriented choices out there...like the Golf GT, CTR, etc. You can even get more interior space with the Estima or S-Max. You have to really like something about the B to buy the B ;)

Guest aspade

yes, the car is really comfy, suprisingly quiet and economical when you drive it gently. Its difficult to detect these qualities when test driving for a short distance.

I have the rear side airbags and the panoramic roof. Its a long time to wait if you want those features but wife is loving the car now !