• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B class

Guest angela

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest flyboy

Just booked my B170. Test drove the B200 and B170. Honestly speaking, I don't find much of a big difference.

1.7 is quite a change to my existing 3-series with lower tax and fuel comsumption. And the SE threw in lots of stuff which I cannot resist. Was about to booked the 2.4 CRV when my wife suggested B-class. Like the R-class alot but way too big and expensive. B-class like a compact R-class. Was quite pleasant with the look and went for a test drive and pretty ok with the ride.

Now have a family, so got to move with the tide. Not much mods I can see after doing some snooping around as compare to my E46. Anyway, there not's much to be done as the car already come fully equipped with the bodystyling package.

Manage to book the last Black B170 which is already sitting at the PAS port waiting to be delivered by end Aug.

So perhaps I will take some shots and put it here for those who are considering this compact sport tourer.

cheers

New

Guest CBlack

Just booked my B170. Test drove the B200 and B170. Honestly speaking, I don't find much of a big difference.

1.7 is quite a change to my existing 3-series with lower tax and fuel comsumption. And the SE threw in lots of stuff which I cannot resist. Was about to booked the 2.4 CRV when my wife suggested B-class. Like the R-class alot but way too big and expensive. B-class like a compact R-class. Was quite pleasant with the look and went for a test drive and pretty ok with the ride.

Now have a family, so got to move with the tide. Not much mods I can see after doing some snooping around as compare to my E46. Anyway, there not's much to be done as the car already come fully equipped with the bodystyling package.

Manage to book the last Black B170 which is already sitting at the PAS port waiting to be delivered by end Aug.

So perhaps I will take some shots and put it here for those who are considering this compact sport tourer.

cheers

New

Hi congrats on your purchase of your B Class and welcome to the club!

cheers

New

welcome to the club!

maybe when your CST comes around end aug, you might be able to drive it down to our meetup?

the stuffs you can do is, go BARBUS! barbus b-klass is good!! anyway mods in Merc shouldn't as much burning as Bimmers

but if you really look around there are stuffs to be done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest aspade

Fly Boy, You enjoying your ride. Give us a review please.

I just booked my b170 last weekend. Wanted a black but all sold out. the next batch coming in Dec 2007 / Jan 2008.

Actually there is no freebie in C&C. They have reserved a pools of money from the listed price and let you fixed up the car. What remains normally goes into the over-trade, right ? I got myself a ipod interface, window tint, Rear Airbags and a paranomic roof.

Guest flyboy

aspade.

Not too bad that you have a paranomic roof? Do you need to pay extra for that?

My take on the B170.... Good family car with generous cabin space despite the short length.

1.7 being 1.7, in my opinion is under-powered. Perhaps the autronics is so smooth that you don't feel the push when you floor the throttle(then again, this is a front-driven car). However, if you are conversant with the manual transmission, you can actually command all the power available for a higher torque.

One great virtue is the fuel consumption, I am clocking around 7.8-8.3 L/ 100km, mostly city driving. If I travel on highway, the result is even better. Great savings especially now the price of fuel keeps going up.

As this is quite a new make in Singapore, there is not much info-sharing here. One great website I have found out and go there alot of info on B-class is http://www.benzworld.org/. As the B-class has establish its presence in Canada and Europe, good tips and technical knowledge is being discussed there.

No complains about the car so far, like I said, it make an excellent fuss-free utility vehicle.

Hope you enjoy your ride when it arrives!!

Regards,

Flyboy

Guest Forsei

Hi guys!

No freebies? is there some 3k worth of something tt we could tap upon, think i saw the ads something like tt the last time.

Is the SE willing to nego better deals for us..eg cash back or extra freebies, or servicing?

Just asking la... I'm also looking at the 2.4CRV, but well, since I chanced upon the B class no harm asking bros here 1st

Guest aspade

Flyboy, thanks for the update. Great to know the FC is good as advertised. Its the only reason why I chose the B170 instead of the turbo. Did your car come with the shift buttons behind the steering wheel ? I also got the black (cosmo black for me). I hope it will be a fun car for me as well.

I got the panorama roof and the rear airbag free probably because the overtrade amount I was asking for is far too low from their perspective. The real problem is the waiting time .... 5 months was the timeframe I am told to expect. In retrospect, I should have forgo the ipod and window tint for the harmon kardon sound system since I am already waiting for the factory retrofit. The audio20 is pretty crappy compared to my current Clarion ICE (with time alignment).

Guest aspade

One more thing, and I am not sure if there are grounds for suing C&C (the company, not the SEs). If you notice the Acceleration figures in the specification sheet and C&C website, it stated the 0-100km/hr for the B170 is 11.3 seconds. This is not true based on my research. That figure is for B170 with manual gearboxes. For Autotronics, the version C&C is bringing (and stated on the spec sheet), the right acceleration figure should be 12.0 seconds.

Don't believe me ? checkout this interactive B-Class Manual (an absolutely must-read for people who is considering the car). And you will realized you have been conned too if you have brought a B200. For B200 Turbo owners, you should be happy because your car is actually 0.2 seconds faster than what's advertised.

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/b-class/betriebsanleitung/vertiefen/N24C03.html

I wonder if we get the car free if C&C is convicted of false advertising ? Any help from lawyer forumers ? Go buy one before this news gets out.

Disclaimer : The 0.7 seconds difference is not that noticeable unless you or your spouse is that Alonso who complains alot.

Guest aspade

Hi guys!

No freebies? is there some 3k worth of something tt we could tap upon, think i saw the ads something like tt the last time.

Is the SE willing to nego better deals for us..eg cash back or extra freebies, or servicing?

Just asking la... I'm also looking at the 2.4CRV, but well, since I chanced upon the B class no harm asking bros here 1st

Just go there for a test drive and they will tell you the deal.. I think the SEs are pretty nice to discuss and talk to. For the cash back, i think its the interest rebates, you need to sign up their loan at least 70% for 7 yrs at their prescribed interest rate.

aspade ]

One more thing, and I am not sure if there are grounds for suing C&C (the company, not the SEs). If you notice the Acceleration figures in the specification sheet and C&C website, it stated the 0-100km/hr for the B170 is 11.3 seconds. This is not true based on my research. That figure is for B170 with manual gearboxes. For Autotronics, the version C&C is bringing (and stated on the spec sheet), the right acceleration figure should be 12.0 seconds.

Don' wrote:

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/b-class/betriebsanleitung/vertiefen/N24C03.html[/url]

I wonder if we get the car free if C&C is convicted of false advertising ? Any help from lawyer forumers ? Go buy one before this news gets out.

Disclaimer : The 0.7 seconds difference is not that noticeable unless you or your spouse is that Alonso who complains alot.

This is interesting! my sister is considering B klass,I was telling her go for B200T, so now must squeezes C&C!!

anyway there are C&C ppl in our forums.. HOPE THEY CAN COME OUT TO SAY ABOUT IT??

also our fourms also got quite a number of lawyers forumers members..

hey dun forget to come down for Meetup!

Guest flyboy

Aspade,

Wow... you really did your homework!

I don't think C&C will give you a car free because of a 0.7 secs error in their advertising. Nonetheless, no harm in bring to their attention so that they can correct it for their subsequent promotion. Perhaps, then they might throw in the HK ice for you free... Let me know the result if you decide to pursue this matter.

What shift buttons behind the steering wheel? Don't think so....

5 months wait.... that's a long long time....

Forsei,

I like you was about to book the 2.4CRV.

I decided on the B-class eventually because of several reasons. One of them is that it not that common yet to see on the road. Othere being FC, lower road tax and surprisingly, the cabin space is just as generous as the CRV. Another thing I realise buying Jap cars are that they are damn stingy in their freebies(Perhaps due to their thin profit margin). I did not spend a single cent extra and got everything I wanted from C&C.

Cheers!

Flyboy

Guest 777kenny

Another thing I realise buying Jap cars are that they are damn stingy in their freebies(Perhaps due to their thin profit margin). I did not spend a single cent extra and got everything I wanted from C&C.

Guess it also really helps when you know the SE personally eh ;)

Guest Forsei

Hey guys,

Now I'm getting more itchy to try for the B class.

Wife not keen to spend too much on car, she wants <100k. But with B class being 1.7 vs 2.4crv the road tax savings and fuel consumption should make a diff huh.

how abt the servicing? Does C&C give free servicing?

Can help with recommendation of a nice and patient SE? Perhaps what we can request for when buying a Merc.

Envying the bros who've booked their Mercs man!

Guest 777kenny

Hey guys,

Now I'm getting more itchy to try for the B class.

Wife not keen to spend too much on car, she wants <100k. But with B class being 1.7 vs 2.4crv the road tax savings and fuel consumption should make a diff huh.

how abt the servicing? Does C&C give free servicing?

Can help with recommendation of a nice and patient SE? Perhaps what we can request for when buying a Merc.

Envying the bros who've booked their Mercs man!

Seems like many B owners also considered CRV before making up the mind on W245. Well..I'm one too ;) Mine is the B170...and to me, it's adequate and not underpowered.

They do give freebies, including servicing credits...but that's up to ur negotiation skill I guess.

If u ever considered a CRV...I'm very sure u will love the B ;)

Guest aspade

Forsei, Here some links to entice you (sorry, dont know how to hyperlink this). You can also find the crash test videos on youtube if you search. (edited to insert hyperlink)

On the last link, you can see the spy shots of the facelift available on Spring 2008 .... which I can't wait.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2050301.015/mercedes-benz-b-class-in-depth

http://www.worldcarfans.com/1050729.001/gcf-test-drive-mercedes-benz-b-class

http://www.worldcarfans.com/3050301.006/mercedes-benz-b-class

http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070112.002/spy-photos-mercedes-b-class-facelift

Guest angela

Hi Guys,

Interested in the B170 too. Took a test drive, but not the B200 yet. Currently driving a Ford Focus and goes to KL once or twice a month. Looking for a comfortable and quiet ride. Hopefully a fast one too. Like the space of B-class which is similar to my Scenic.

Still considering....

Hi Forsei,

Can PM me what kind of deal you can get from your SE?

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

Interested in the B170 too. Took a test drive, but not the B200 yet. Currently driving a Ford Focus and goes to KL once or twice a month. Looking for a comfortable and quiet ride. Hopefully a fast one too. Like the space of B-class which is similar to my Scenic.

Still considering....

Hi Forsei,

Can PM me what kind of deal you can get from your SE?

Hmm... I also haven't gotten my ride leh... ;D

But bros cklasse and aspade got PM me their SE's...

Can I forward my PM's?

Cheers.