• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbie here at SGMerc. Owner of W221 S Class.

S65LAMG

9 hours ago, S65LAMG said:

Hi fellow Merc owners!

Owner of a W221 S class. Just found out about this forum recently and wanted to introduce myself. Hope to join upcoming events to meet fellow owners. Cheers!

Welcome to the forum....

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

• 3 weeks later...

It sure looks good with a 20 inch.

But recently when I upgraded from the original 17" to 18", I can feel a big difference in losing comfort level and increased tyre noise (using the same primacy 3 model). At 17", my car feels so smooth on any tarmac even with small potholes. At 18", small unevenness start to shake and rattle my interior.

Was surprised that a mere 1 inch can cause so much difference. I can't imagine myself going up to 20", I think the bumpiness will shattered my bones  :lol:

@j888 Oh, on which car did you upgrade from 17-18"? Because as far as I know, stock W221 S class rims are 18" with AMG ones being 19" & 20"

The new 20" rims aren't as smooth as the 18" but like what @Odessus said, the size of the S class is heavy enough to absorb a lot of bumpiness so I am still pretty ok with it.

My 20" AMG rims in particular are actually one of the stock rims for the W222 S63/65 AMG S Class so I have plans to still use these when I upgrade to the newer S Class. Or the Coupe as pictured below.(Pic credited to whoever the owner is)

ooMC04j.jpg

Pre FL W221 stock are all 17". Starting from FL and it comes with 18" as stock.

Apart from my old weak bones cannot take anything above 18", I am so afraid of shortening the lifespan of the airmatic suspension. The lower profile tyres won't absorb as much shocks and the suspension has to work extra hard, especially with such a heavy car.

But I must admit, looks wise is great with a 20" on a S class. 18" still looks like a small bicycle tyres :lol:

On 10/6/2016 at 3:36 AM, S65LAMG said:

@j888 Oh, on which car did you upgrade from 17-18"? Because as far as I know, stock W221 S class rims are 18" with AMG ones being 19" & 20"

The new 20" rims aren't as smooth as the 18" but like what @Odessus said, the size of the S class is heavy enough to absorb a lot of bumpiness so I am still pretty ok with it.

My 20" AMG rims in particular are actually one of the stock rims for the W222 S63/65 AMG S Class so I have plans to still use these when I upgrade to the newer S Class. Or the Coupe as pictured below.(Pic credited to whoever the owner is)

ooMC04j.jpg

Those rims aren't new designs though... been ard for a while