• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LED light

Guest kinky74

Guest blackmercs

Hey bros..Any recommended places to change my headlight to HID and also the eyelid to LED???? Been to a few shop but they are unsure if the error light will light up..

NewC180 change his HID without any error, damage around $500 plus. Do u wanna try my lobang? cost slightly less than $500, Philips HID too. If u wan, tml we go there as they open half day on Sunday too.

As for eyelid, i got mine from ebay. Anyone got local lobang??

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nismo502

Hey bros..Any recommended places to change my headlight to HID and also the eyelid to LED???? Been to a few shop but they are unsure if the error light will light up..

What you need is pro-benz workshop to set Xenon Present to "TRUE" in you ECU. I got my 203 and my friends w204 done somewhere in AMK Autopoint and no error code so far for both of us.

Guest kepiting1sg

I've changed my W204 to Philips Xenon. Don't have to do reprogramming and no error codes. A simple half hour job.

Bro NewC180

Your Philip Xenon is D1 or D2 bulbs?

4300K or 6000K Color Temp?

Guest nismo502

I've changed my W204 to Philips Xenon. Don't have to do reprogramming and no error codes. A simple half hour job.

Yup yup. That's another option. To run a resistor in parallel so that ECU detects the same voltage. Basically to trick the ECU. It was the heat generated that I was concerned.

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

I' wrote:

Bro NewC180

Your Philip Xenon is D1 or D2 bulbs?

4300K or 6000K Color Temp?

Unker, it's H7, dunno it's D1 or D2. Should be 5000k if I remember correctly.

Guest NewC180

nismo502 ]

I' wrote:

Yup yup. That's another option. To run a resistor in parallel so that ECU detects the same voltage. Basically to trick the ECU. It was the heat generated that I was concerned.

nismo, it's direct plug and play, no resistor required and no error code

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, it's H7, dunno it's D1 or D2. Should be 5000k if I remember correctly.

The W204 Lighting specs.

5. Dipped-beam headlamp H7 55 W (Vehicles with halogen headlamps.) or

D1S 35 W (Vehicles with bi-xenon headlamps)

Ok! Ok! U just changed the stock Halogen H7 bulbs to after market H7 Philip Xenon.

I asked cos I was quoted the Philips D1S 6000K @ $500+ just for a pair of the bulbs.

So did the guy who did the installation for your H7 xenon

1) Went to the Diagnostic Prog. to set Xenon "present" or

2) Add resistor or

3) add capacitor

Unker old dog wanna learn new tricks....hehehehe :apwink:

Guest nismo502

NewC180 ]

nismo502 ]

I' wrote:

Yup yup. That' wrote:

nismo, it's direct plug and play, no resistor required and no error code

Thats interesting. Non Xenon runs 55w. Xenon are 35w. The ECU is suppose to detect the difference in waltage so it prompt for faulty bulbs.

Like Unker, new tricks excite me too :)

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

Unker, it' wrote:

The W204 Lighting specs.

5. Dipped-beam headlamp H7 55 W (Vehicles with halogen headlamps.) or

D1S 35 W (Vehicles with bi-xenon headlamps)

Ok! Ok! U just changed the stock Halogen H7 bulbs to after market H7 Philip Xenon.

I asked cos I was quoted the Philips D1S 6000K @ $500+ just for a pair of the bulbs.

So did the guy who did the installation for your H7 xenon

1) Went to the Diagnostic Prog. to set Xenon "present" or

2) Add resistor or

3) add capacitor

Unker old dog wanna learn new tricks....hehehehe :apwink:

Unker, the shop never do all the 3 things that you've mentioned.

They were unsure also as to whether my C need to get into the Diag Prog to set Xenon to present or not at first, as they told me that S class needs to do that. But after installing the Xenons work fine without error so don't have to go that route lor... Easy job. The Philips H7 Xenons come with a balast that they will mount it into the engine bay as well.

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, the shop never do all the 3 things that you've mentioned.

They were unsure also as to whether my C need to get into the Diag Prog to set Xenon to present or not at first, as they told me that S class needs to do that. But after installing the Xenons work fine without error so don't have to go that route lor... Easy job. The Philips H7 Xenons come with a balast that they will mount it into the engine bay as well.

HID burner (filled with Xenon gas) is about the same working principle as your house flourescent tube.

They usually have a starter and a ballast to light up the Xenon-filled bulb.

So for H.I.D eg H4 with High/Low Beam is usually made possible with the Bulb working like a plunger moving out/in for High Beam or Low Beam respectively. Some design works with a "shield" flipping for High & Low Beam.

For the MB Bi-Xenon, they have auto levellers.

When U turn on the high beam the projector lights are pushed up for the high beam.

LTA have given car importers after Jan 2010, all OEM H.I.D fitted cars must have Auto-levellers.

This only apply to new cars after Jan 2010.

Care also must be taken that the ballast do not come into direct contact with the chassis of your ride.

This may possible cause a potential short-circuit and your light might not work.

Bro, U very lucky guy cos it's in your name....P. H....hehehehe!!! :apwink:

I am not suprised that your installer did not do anything.

When I installed the Xenon on my W203(2004),

Benzline told me that some cars do not need to program Xenon present in the Program Diagnostics.

When I installed mine, the Xenon works without going into the Program Diagnostics BUT.....after 2 days...the Xenon lights becum naughty. :swduel:

Sometime, 1 side do not light up :1mfinger:, sometimes both sides do not light up :twinmfinger:, sometimes all lighted up :la: .....wahahahaha!!!

Bo pian - brought it back to the installer and went into the Diagnostics to enable Xenon present, then no more problem.

So keep a look out on your lights and make sure sometimes it dun turn into 1 eye dragon hor....hehehehe!!!!

BTW my Pleasure Island LandCruiser Jeep nowadays almost every nite the after market Hi-Lo H4 H.I.D playing punk with me.....hehehehe!

Same thing - Sometime, 1 side do not light up :1mfinger:, sometimes both sides do not light up :twinmfinger:, sometimes all lighted up :la: .....wahahahaha!!! This 1 got no program diagnostics to enable Xenon present.....heheheh!! I think the Korean made ballast is going to conk soon.

This H.I.D I do D.I.Y installation. 5 years ago installer in Pleasure Island knew nuts abt. HID.

Now U got 5000K color on your Xenon - color matching your small city lights or not?....wanna go to 8000K?....hehehe :evlaugh:

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

Unker, the shop never do all the 3 things that you' wrote:

HID burner (filled with Xenon gas) is about the same working principle as your house flourescent tube.

They usually have a starter and a ballast to light up the Xenon-filled bulb.

So for H.I.D eg H4 with High/Low Beam is usually made possible with the Bulb working like a plunger moving out/in for High Beam or Low Beam respectively. Some design works with a "shield" flipping for High & Low Beam.

For the MB Bi-Xenon, they have auto levellers.

When U turn on the high beam the projector lights are pushed up for the high beam.

LTA have given car importers after Jan 2010, all OEM H.I.D fitted cars must have Auto-levellers.

This only apply to new cars after Jan 2010.

Care also must be taken that the ballast do not come into direct contact with the chassis of your ride.

This may possible cause a potential short-circuit and your light might not work.

Bro, U very lucky guy cos it's in your name....P. H....hehehehe!!! :apwink:

I am not suprised that your installer did not do anything.

When I installed the Xenon on my W203(2004),

Benzline told me that some cars do not need to program Xenon present in the Program Diagnostics.

When I installed mine, the Xenon works without going into the Program Diagnostics BUT.....after 2 days...the Xenon lights becum naughty. :swduel:

Sometime, 1 side do not light up :1mfinger:, sometimes both sides do not light up :twinmfinger:, sometimes all lighted up :la: .....wahahahaha!!!

Bo pian - brought it back to the installer and went into the Diagnostics to enable Xenon present, then no more problem.

So keep a look out on your lights and make sure sometimes it dun turn into 1 eye dragon hor....hehehehe!!!!

BTW my Pleasure Island LandCruiser Jeep nowadays almost every nite the after market Hi-Lo H4 H.I.D playing punk with me.....hehehehe!

Same thing - Sometime, 1 side do not light up :1mfinger:, sometimes both sides do not light up :twinmfinger:, sometimes all lighted up :la: .....wahahahaha!!! This 1 got no program diagnostics to enable Xenon present.....heheheh!! I think the Korean made ballast is going to conk soon.

This H.I.D I do D.I.Y installation. 5 years ago installer in Pleasure Island knew nuts abt. HID.

Now U got 5000K color on your Xenon - color matching your small city lights or not?....wanna go to 8000K?....hehehe :evlaugh:

Ha Ha, unker, my friends also always say I very heng one... ha ha.

Unker, I think you must change your name to Lightings Guru lio, DIY HID somemore! Can't believe it!

So far I don't have any problems at all with the Philips Xenon after like 4 months lio. The installer that done it is quite an experienced guy, so I think the workmanship should be ok.

Wife took over the C from me lio, so now me driving my bm most of the time. So no more modding for the merc lio.. Only drive it occassionally on weekends. So now me modding my bm... hehe....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ehwwong

time to revive this old thread... :)

do anybody know a local shop that carries all the LED lights and they will install it for you? not really a handy man myself and really headache trying to understand what to buy leh..

thank you!

Guest NewC180

do anybody know a local shop that carries all the LED lights and they will install it for you? not really a handy man myself and really headache trying to understand what to buy leh..

thank you!

For the internal LED lights: Darren Auto at Toh Guan can change all for you, quite cheap also. See blackmercs post on this.

For license plate lights: Autobacs can do it. $90 if I'm not wrong. Ask blackmercs, he has done it.

For the eyelids:

1. Buy from this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White-OBC-LED-Parking-Lights-Mercedes-C300-2008-09-27_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZQ7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a30QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem5880b68291QQitemZ380116566673QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or check with Unker Batam, I think he found a cheaper source.

2. Wait patiently for bulbs to arrive....zzzzz..... meanwhile lose some sleep

3. Open your bonnet

4. Try to find the cover that covers the bulbs.. Open the cover

5. Try to pluck out the stock bulbs

6. Put in the new bulbs. If no light, pluck out and put in again in opposite direction

7. Voila! You now have the blue-ish/white eyelids!

Alternatively, take a slow drive to the west to meet me and black widow for lunch, we change the bulb for you! Just buy us kopi-o can already.

I doubt any local shops have these in stock, correct me if I'm wrong.

Joint the mini gtg at Darren Auto this Saturday to do up your interior lights!

Good luck!

Guest TuMMyBeaR

thank you!

Bro, when we go to install the spoiler, the shop has everything there. Did my rear licence plates there too.

Guest ehwwong

wow.. got so many goodies never tell me earlier.. ok, i will hold off my purchase first...

will report back my findings to share good poisons...

Guest TuMMyBeaR

wow.. got so many goodies never tell me earlier.. ok, i will hold off my purchase first...

will report back my findings to share good poisons...

Wait till you see their collection of rims..... ;D

Guest blackmercs

thank you!

Bro, when we go to install the spoiler, the shop has everything there. Did my rear licence plates there too.

Wow wow, location ? can share share?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

hehe..

okok.. auto spritzer, 115 eunos ave 3... look for eric.. beware, many poison there... :)

Ah Wong,

I think they same same co with BL unless Eric is out on his own.