• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LED light

Guest kinky74

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewC180

Bro C180 thanks for the feedback on those leds. will be getting them soon......

I will need to order 2 more pairs from the American seller, 1 pair for my license plate light and 1 pair for spare.

For all W204 bros considering to buy, I will advise to buy 4 pairs, 2 pairs for eyelids, 1 for license plate and 1 for spare.

How about a group buy? Anyone interested? If there's enough people buying, I'll write to the seller and see if he can give discount as I have bought from him before. Let me know!

Group buy:

1. NewC180 - 2 pairs

Guest kepiting1sg

UPDATE!

Managed to open up the light housing for the rear number plate. To change the number plate lights, you need to practically open up the inner covers of your boot!

Batam Cheem, you are right, the number plate bulbs for the license plate lights is the same as the eyelids! Unfortunately, my German LEDs have some problems and they are either not working for the error code came out.

Anyway, I gave up on them, and will leave the license plate lights as yellow for now till I get another LED in to try.

I'll try to put the festoon bulb into my 5's license plate. If they don't fit, I'll let you have them.

For guys thinking of buying the German ones, I will not recommend as they seems to be not very reliable. I will recommend to buy from the American one listed on the first post of this thread (Obama will love me if he see this post!)

Cheers!

Seow liao lah!

The German site U gip me yesterday, I bidded and won the auction for the set of festoon bulbs.

Bo pian! I will have to take them! :wifstupid:

Anyway if they dun work for the licence plate, I will have the proper resistor to suppress the error msg.

Now waiting for all my bulbs to cum.....hehehhee.....and all the internal lights & licence plate lights will be white LEDs.

My E200K Advantgarde has the original Bi-Xenon and original LEDs for the eyelids(City Light).

Next servicing at MBM, I will get them to use Philip Blue Vision for my High Beams & Fog Lights.

To be honest, my previous W203 internal lightings & licence plate lights were converted to white LEDs and I cannot live without that for my E200K. ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

change your bi-x to 8K la!

Change your high beam and fogs to LED type

Bi-X 8K - 1. dun like the "purplish color" 2. LTA dun like them too. ;D

High Beams & Fogs to LEDs type - if U can find me LED bulbs for the high beam & fog lamp

as bright and throw the lights as far as the Halogen I will buy them. :wifstupid:

I have tried many LEDs for my Btm LandCruiser - None cum near to the Halogen. They just cmi for the bigger bulbs.

The other way to go is HID for the fog & high beam - this one U find more problems with the OBC error msg.

The resistor to suppress the OBC error msg. is meant for small bulbs like the licence plate bulbs only.

And this resistor can get real hot and can melt plastic or damage paintwork.

Like Bro Randy said No trouble No find trouble.....wahahahah!!! ;)

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

UPDATE!

Managed to open up the light housing for the rear number plate. To change the number plate lights, you need to practically open up the inner covers of your boot!

Batam Cheem, you are right, the number plate bulbs for the license plate lights is the same as the eyelids! Unfortunately, my German LEDs have some problems and they are either not working for the error code came out.

Anyway, I gave up on them, and will leave the license plate lights as yellow for now till I get another LED in to try.

I' wrote:

Seow liao lah!

The German site U gip me yesterday, I bidded and won the auction for the set of festoon bulbs.

Bo pian! I will have to take them! :wifstupid:

Anyway if they dun work for the licence plate, I will have the proper resistor to suppress the error msg.

Now waiting for all my bulbs to cum.....hehehhee.....and all the internal lights & licence plate lights will be white LEDs.

My E200K Advantgarde has the original Bi-Xenon and original LEDs for the eyelids(City Light).

Next servicing at MBM, I will get them to use Philip Blue Vision for my High Beams & Fog Lights.

To be honest, my previous W203 internal lightings & licence plate lights were converted to white LEDs and I cannot live without that for my E200K. ;D

Alamak... you too fast liao la.

Anyway, be careful with these German LEDs, I think they spoil very easily. Yesterday after pluggin in and out, I spoilt 3 out of 4 LEDs... $$$ flushed down the toilet bowl liao.....

Now I'll have to figure out how to put the festoon into my 5, took a peek this morning and it seems like the right size.

These bulbs making me very busy..... haha.....

Guest kepiting1sg

Alamak... you too fast liao la.

Anyway, be careful with these German LEDs, I think they spoil very easily. Yesterday after pluggin in and out, I spoilt 3 out of 4 LEDs... $$$ flushed down the toilet bowl liao.....

Now I'll have to figure out how to put the festoon into my 5, took a peek this morning and it seems like the right size.

These bulbs making me very busy..... haha.....

Your error msg from your festoon bulb or the wedge type for your eyelight?

Your LEDs spolit is from festoon or eyelid wedge type?

Guest NewC180

Problems came from the wedge bulbs. Have not opened the festoon bulb and test it yet. All from the same German guy.

I've plug the wedge bulbs into the eyelids first and they were ok, then I took it out and put into my dome light and they were ok, then I took them out and put into the licensed plate. 1 bulb works perfect, no error. Another 2 bulbs light up but error came on, and after plug out from the wirings the bulb blink a few times! 1 bulb completely doesn't light up. I think they will work if you don't plug in and out too many times.

Guest kepiting1sg

Problems came from the wedge bulbs. Have not opened the festoon bulb and test it yet. All from the same German guy.

I've plug the wedge bulbs into the eyelids first and they were ok, then I took it out and put into my dome light and they were ok, then I took them out and put into the licensed plate. 1 bulb works perfect, no error. Another 2 bulbs light up but error came on, and after plug out from the wirings the bulb blink a few times! 1 bulb completely doesn't light up. I think they will work if you don't plug in and out too many times.

Heng arh! Not the festoon bulbs. We shall see.

The bulb that doesn't work, did U turn the bulb around?

There are +ve & -ve terminals on the LEDs.

If the polarity is not rite, the bulb doesn't light up.

Anyway I cannt help U as I am out of town rite now tending to my little farm.....wahahaha! ;D

If U need to talk - U can sms me to my Indon hp: +62 811 777772 and I will call U back!

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

I' wrote:

Heng arh! Not the festoon bulbs. We shall see.

The bulb that doesn't work, did U turn the bulb around?

There are +ve & -ve terminals on the LEDs.

If the polarity is not rite, the bulb doesn't light up.

Anyway I cannt help U as I am out of town rite now tending to my little farm.....wahahaha! ;D

If U need to talk - U can sms me to my Indon hp: +62 811 777772 and I will call U back!

Bro, thanks for your offer to help. No problems, I'll test them out again when I'm free, meanwhile just leave them aside first.

Yes, I've turned the terminals around many times to test. Or maybe I turn too many times and plug in/out too many times that's why spoilt the bulbs.. Which is why I said that the quality is not so good. Anyway, putting it aside for the moment.

Good luck to your coming festoon! Will let you know if it works well on my bimmer.

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro, thanks for your offer to help. No problems, I'll test them out again when I'm free, meanwhile just leave them aside first.

Yes, I've turned the terminals around many times to test. Or maybe I turn too many times and plug in/out too many times that's why spoilt the bulbs.. Which is why I said that the quality is not so good. Anyway, putting it aside for the moment.

Good luck to your coming festoon! Will let you know if it works well on my bimmer.

Last but not least, since your SE so nice to you, why not ask for a pair of original Mercedes LEDs used on the E200K Advantgarde. They are suitable for your W204 eyelid lights.

Guest eugenemon

Hi, NewC180. Technically, the german LEDs should work for the License plate bulbs. Because mine works. :) and plugin in and out shouldn't be too much of a problem. Because i did it too many times also for the eyelids and interior and license plate. The only problem could be the metal clips in the bulb holder not touching the leds properly. Alittle bit also will have problem. LEDs are like that. All you have to do is to use a test pen, bend the metal clips inwards or closer together. For the Festoon bulb, the only light that uses festoon is the rear interior bulb. (1 only.)

Uncle Batam, the LEDs you bid for will work for the license plate. :) Anyway, do you know where to buy the OEM W211 LEDs? Only C&C got sell? That was the most purest white I've seen for LEDs. Others are just too blue or not white enough. I think it will look out nice on a W204 eyelids. You tried taking them out before?

:)

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi, NewC180. Technically, the german LEDs should work for the License plate bulbs. Because mine works. :) and plugin in and out shouldn't be too much of a problem. Because i did it too many times also for the eyelids and interior and license plate. The only problem could be the metal clips in the bulb holder not touching the leds properly. Alittle bit also will have problem. LEDs are like that. All you have to do is to use a test pen, bend the metal clips inwards or closer together. For the Festoon bulb, the only light that uses festoon is the rear interior bulb. (1 only.)

Uncle Batam, the LEDs you bid for will work for the license plate. :) Anyway, do you know where to buy the OEM W211 LEDs? Only C&C got sell? That was the most purest white I've seen for LEDs. Others are just too blue or not white enough. I think it will look out nice on a W204 eyelids. You tried taking them out before?

Hi,

U are rite abt the wedge bulbs.

The "legs" somehow at times got flattened out or out of alignment when U push/pull too many times into the holder.

Just bending them slightly out usually helps.

The OEM W211 LEDs, C & C "must" have them but dunno how much they will charge.

No! I have not tried taking out before. They also look very "nice" visually sitting inside the lamp too.

For the German festoon bulbs for the licence plate, I believe they should work or else I would not have bought them...heheheh!

I am worried they might not be "bright enough" for me.

I have 18 LEDs festoon bulbs cumming together with the necessary resistors.

Just too lazy to do what I have done for the W203. :death:

Suprisingly the W211 front & rear dome lights use T10/194 wedge bulbs.

The front dome uses only 2 x T10 and I can only use the smaller ones with 6 LEDs because of the diameter of the bulb slot.

The back dome has 4 x T10 and the main lights I was able to use T10 with 12 Leds but I've to dismantle the whole light assembly to fit.

I've also ordered several T10 LEDs hopping they will be brighter than what I have now.

For the previous W203, front & back dome lights I used 48 LEDs panel type and they sure were very bright.

Guest NewC180

Hi Eugenemon,

I have tried what you suggested this morning. Yes you are right, I think the LEDs are not faulty. I think my left licensed plate bulb holder is not connecting well to the LED. I tried to bend the metal clips closer, but the error code still lights up. After bending further it still doesn't help. I then switched the left and right bulbs and still it is the left one that give problem. But it is very strange that there is a faint light on the LED (the left one) even after the lights are turned off. Any idea why is there a faint light? Now I've replaced them back with the original yellow bulbs are all is well, no error codes.

Oh, do you know where can I get the bulb holder and who can replace it?

I'll try the festoon on my rear interior light, haven't tried on my bimmer yet. Do you know what bulbs are the rear left and right reading lights using? It is strange that the front reading lights comes originally in white but the rear ones are yellow.

Also tried to open up the rear interior lights, wow it's damn hard, tried half an hour still can't open it up! Any tips?

Thanks!

Guest NewC180

I called C&C today. Yes, they have it and it is just a few dollars. But they say they will only sell to people having E and not C leh. They told me that they really don't recommend to fit into our C as it does not fit and will mess up the electronics!

Just to confirm, the LED is for the W211 Parking Lights right? Cos this is what I told the C&C guy.

Guest kepiting1sg

I called C&C today. Yes, they have it and it is just a few dollars. But they say they will only sell to people having E and not C leh. They told me that they really don't recommend to fit into our C as it does not fit and will mess up the electronics!

Just to confirm, the LED is for the W211 Parking Lights right? Cos this is what I told the C&C guy.

Still awake arh? :-*

Yes! It's the small light next to the high beam which they call Parking Lights on the W211.

The lights are very white in color.

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

I called C&C today. Yes, they have it and it is just a few dollars. But they say they will only sell to people having E and not C leh. They told me that they really don' wrote:

Still awake arh? :-*

Yes! It's the small light next to the high beam which they call Parking Lights on the W211.

The lights are very white in color.

Haha... keep thinking of how to change my bulbs so can't sleep mah!

Yup, I told the C&C guy I wanna buy the Parking Lights LED for W211, but he said cannot fit in W204, strange. So your LED comes with built in resistor? If confirm can fit, I'll find my way to get it then.

Guest kepiting1sg

Haha... keep thinking of how to change my bulbs so can't sleep mah!

Yup, I told the C&C guy I wanna buy the Parking Lights LED for W211, but he said cannot fit in W204, strange. So your LED comes with built in resistor? If confirm can fit, I'll find my way to get it then.

Dunno abt my W211 Parking Light LEDs cos I didn't take them out.

Good nite! ;D

Guest eugenemon

NewC180, here's the tutorial:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/250646-diy-interior-light-removal.html

The faint light means there isn't a resistor in place which also explains the error code. But you said you switch over also got problem and only the left side so i think could be the bulb holder. Erm, the spare parts i forgot who already. Can't remember. :'(

Uncle Batam, the germany LEDs you ordered will be bright because there are 2 instead of one leds on each bulb. So it's my picture that i posted x2 the brightness. Now I think about it the W211 leds might not fit because of the transparent arcylic in front. It's too thick to fit into the W204 eyelids. W204 eyelids only has a holder with diameter or 1cm +/- only. That's why. haha. :death:

Guest kepiting1sg

eugenemon ]

NewC180, here' wrote:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/250646-diy-interior-light-removal.html[/url]

The faint light means there isn't a resistor in place which also explains the error code. But you said you switch over also got problem and only the left side so i think could be the bulb holder. Erm, the spare parts i forgot who already. Can't remember. :'(

Uncle Batam, the germany LEDs you ordered will be bright because there are 2 instead of one leds on each bulb. So it's my picture that i posted x2 the brightness. Now I think about it the W211 leds might not fit because of the transparent arcylic in front. It's too thick to fit into the W204 eyelids. W204 eyelids only has a holder with diameter or 1cm +/- only. That's why. haha. :death:

Hi Eugene.

U are rite abt the W211 LEDs, the arcylic pc. is thick in dia. & long too.

BTW my 18 LEDs festoon bulbs for my W211 internal lights came.

I managed to change all the lights to white LEDs with the exception of the footwell light in the rear passenger seats.

Beside the front dome lights x 2, back dome lights x 4, vanity mirror lights x 2, door courtesy lights x 4,

glove compartment light x 1, boot lights x 3, front footwell lights x 2.

MB must have a F$#kin secret up their sleeve or I am just a plain idiot. :wifstupid:

When come to the rear passenger foot well lights + the front foot well lights - total 4 festoon bulbs.

When I changed all 4, all failed to light up. When I changed 3 bulbs leaving 1 unchanged all OK.

I finally surrendered by changing only the front footwell lights. :banghead: :banghead:

Any suggestions other than turning the terminals around which I have done until I was totally exhausted ?

Anyway already quite happy that I've managed to change a total of 18 bulbs for the internal lights out of 20....hehehe :clap:

Now waiting for the licence plate bulbs to come.

Guest NewC180

eugenemon ]

NewC180, here' wrote:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/250646-diy-interior-light-removal.html[/url]

I kindof give up on changing the license plate lights to the German LEDs. If you can remember where to get the bulb holder please let me know, it's the last straw for me... haha

I tried to put the festoon into my 523 license plate lights today. Yes, the size is right and they do light up. But the error code came out as well! Tried to switch the +/- poles, and also switched the left and right bulbs, but still the error code said both bulbs are faulty. Is it that the bimmer require a different resistor? I've really got no idea.... Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Guest kepiting1sg

I kindof give up on changing the license plate lights to the German LEDs. If you can remember where to get the bulb holder please let me know, it's the last straw for me... haha

I tried to put the festoon into my 523 license plate lights today. Yes, the size is right and they do light up. But the error code came out as well! Tried to switch the +/- poles, and also switched the left and right bulbs, but still the error code said both bulbs are faulty. Is it that the bimmer require a different resistor? I've really got no idea.... Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Since Eugene successfully did his W204 licence plate lights, gip him a call to help U lah! Dun surrender so easily.

Guest eugenemon

Uncle batam, if thats the case when you change 3 and leave 1 unchange works, means it needs a resistor on anyone of the 4 foot well lights. This is because when you open the door, the foot well lights turn on too, if i'm not wrong. Otherwise, it'll be like my W204 problem. I got try to change the 2 front foot well lights (W204 only front have lights). When I put a resistor on one of it, the lights reversed their function. Meaning when you open the door the lights turn off and when you close it turn on. From what I know the W204 one is that even if you close the doors there will be dim lights. If that's the case for W211 also, then you can only use the usa LEDs with built in resistors. Because I got try the german LEDs on it and it works. However the german LEDs light is shine forward so I didn't left them there.

My only advice for NewC180 is do something to the bulb holder. And yes, maybe 523 electrical system diff from mercedes.

Guest NewC180

Uncle batam, if thats the case when you change 3 and leave 1 unchange works, means it needs a resistor on anyone of the 4 foot well lights. This is because when you open the door, the foot well lights turn on too, if i'm not wrong. Otherwise, it'll be like my W204 problem. I got try to change the 2 front foot well lights (W204 only front have lights). When I put a resistor on one of it, the lights reversed their function. Meaning when you open the door the lights turn off and when you close it turn on. From what I know the W204 one is that even if you close the doors there will be dim lights. If that's the case for W211 also, then you can only use the usa LEDs with built in resistors. Because I got try the german LEDs on it and it works. However the german LEDs light is shine forward so I didn't left them there.

My only advice for NewC180 is do something to the bulb holder. And yes, maybe 523 electrical system diff from mercedes.

Eugene, I did put one of the German LED into the driver footwell and they works well, still can't figure out how to take out the one on the passenger side footwell.

What do you mean when you said that the LED shine forward? I didn't notice that. Will there be any problems if I leave it in the driver's footwell?