• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LED light

Guest kinky74

Guest eugenemon

Nope, no problem. If you see dim light when the door is closed, it's perfectly fine. Because the original bulbs also work that way. Look at the german lights and the us lights. The LEDs are placed at different side of the bulbs. german leds are place on the top, so when it is lit the light shines straight. US leds are placed at the side, so when lit it shines to the sides. Its the same way as you open the driver foot well the lights. Take a torch light and shine it at the light cover. You will see the bulb inside. The side where the bulb is not coming out from is where you will be giao-ing with a minus screw driver.

gfdhdf.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewC180

Update:

Successfully opened the rear interior dome lights! Phew! This one must giao damn hard then can open.

Put in 2 LEDs into the reading lights, ok, no problem!

The main rear dome light requires a festoon bulb, length is approx 44mm. The German ones that I have is only 38mm. So it can't be used. Next is to try to find a local LED that is of 44mm. Damn!

Uncle Batam, since I can't use the 38mm festoon, I can give them to you FOC if it is useful to you. Let me know.

For all who are interested, following are the bulb sizes for W204:

- T10: Eyelids (2 pairs w resistors), License Plate Lights (1 pair w resistors), Front dome lights (1 pair), Rear dome reading lights (1 pair), Driver & Passenger side footwell (1 pair), Door lights (2 pairs? Don't know whether rear doors have lights or not), boot compartment (1 pair)

- Festoon 44mm: Rear dome light - 1 pc

Hope above info will be of help.

Eugene, please correct me if I am wrong.

Once you start this journey, it will be a long one!

Cheers!

Guest kepiting1sg

Update:

Successfully opened the rear interior dome lights! Phew! This one must giao damn hard then can open.

The main rear dome light requires a festoon bulb, length is approx 44mm. The German ones that I have is only 38mm. So it can't be used. Next is to try to find a local LED that is of 44mm. Damn!

Uncle Batam, since I can't use the 38mm festoon, I can give them to you FOC if it is useful to you. Let me know.

For all who are interested, following are the bulb sizes for W204:

- T10: Eyelids (2 pairs w resistors), License Plate Lights (1 pair w resistors), Front dome lights (1 pair), Rear dome reading lights (1 pair), Driver & Passenger side footwell (1 pair), Door lights (2 pairs? Don't know whether rear doors have lights or not), boot compartment (1 pair)

- Festoon 44mm: Rear dome light - 1 pc

Hope above info will be of help.

Eugene, please correct me if I am wrong.

Once you start this journey, it will be a long one!

Cheers!

Thank U for your offer!

Please keep it for me and hope to see U soon or at the next GTG this mth.

For my W203 front & rear dome lights, I replaced them with 48 LEDs panels.

They made the interior of my previous W203 bright as day.

For the current W211, there's no space for the 48 LEDs panels.

So lan lan use the wedge bulb LEDs only.

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-48-LED-Interior-Car-Dome-Map-Light-194-BA9S-32mm_W0QQitemZ270337981582QQihZ017QQcategoryZ72237QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This guy sells lots of LED stuff including strips.

I bought these panels from him.

Shorted my original 42mm light bulb and soldered the panel connectors to the bulb. Voila!

Find a seller that sells these panels that come with a 42mm dummy connector to the panels and U are in business.

Internal lights for the W204 should has no error problem.

Guest NewC180

Batam Cheem ]

NewC180 ]

Update:

The main rear dome light requires a festoon bulb, length is approx 44mm. The German ones that I have is only 38mm. So it can' wrote:

Thank U for your offer!

Please keep it for me and hope to see U soon or at the next GTG this mth.

For my W203 front & rear dome lights, I replaced them with 48 LEDs panels.

They made the interior of my previous W203 bright as day.

For the current W211, there' wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-48-LED-Interior-Car-Dome-Map-Light-194-BA9S-32mm_W0QQitemZ270337981582QQihZ017QQcategoryZ72237QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem[/url]

This guy sells lots of LED stuff including strips.

I bought these panels from him.

Shorted my original 42mm light bulb and soldered the panel connectors to the bulb. Voila!

Find a seller that sells these panels that come with a 42mm dummy connector to the panels and U are in business.

Internal lights for the W204 should has no error problem.

Uncle Batam, I don't think I'll be able to make it for GTG this month end as I will be overseas. PM me if you wanna make arrangements to pick up the LEDs.

I should be able to get a festoon without resistor locally to fit into my rear dome lights. I think those auto accessories shops should have them.

Give up on my rear license plates lights for now... been spending too much time on them already!

Guest NewC180

I've bought a dummy connector with LED panels from one of the audio shops here. Plug it into my rear dome lights and it works fine and is very bright. However, after putting this in, I realise that when I put the door close switch to on, and when all the doors are closed, the front dome lights are turned on with reduced brightness. The front dome lights (which are the Germen LEDs) just stayed on forever. Then I no choice have to turn off the switch that detects that the doors are open.

Any advice from the experts here?

Guest kepiting1sg

I've bought a dummy connector with LED panels from one of the audio shops here. Plug it into my rear dome lights and it works fine and is very bright. However, after putting this in, I realise that when I put the door close switch to on, and when all the doors are closed, the front dome lights are turned on with reduced brightness. The front dome lights (which are the Germen LEDs) just stayed on forever. Then I no choice have to turn off the switch that detects that the doors are open.

Any advice from the experts here?

Hi Bro,

U will need a resistor for each LED panel.

See my posting on the D.I.Y LEDs for licence plate.

2310338498_5c735eec06.jpg?v=0

I used the same resistor for the front & rear dome LED panel lights (48 LEDs) on my previous W203.

If I dun use the resistors, when the doors are closed,

there are reduced brightness on the LED panels or some LEDs on the panels still lighted up.

How many ohm resistor? - I didn't measured that.

I have the lights up in the W203 for more than a year without problem.

Summore Unker here no electrical engineer.

I believe U can get this ceramic resistor from Sim Lim Tower.

Other than ceramic resistor, dun use resistor of other material cos the resistor can be hotly heated up

and will melt plastic, damage paintwork or sway sway burnt the car too.

Those resistors I bought over eBay, I dunno how much heat they can take.

U might wanna try it out with my resistors.

If they dun get heated up badly probably U can use them too.

Guest NewC180

Alamak, I thought interior lights don't need to use resistors and just normal LEDs will do.

Don't wanna go the resistors route, maybe I'll just take them out later, will talk to the audio accessories shop guy and see how first.

Thanks anyway uncle!

Guest kepiting1sg

Alamak, I thought interior lights don't need to use resistors and just normal LEDs will do.

Don't wanna go the resistors route, maybe I'll just take them out later, will talk to the audio accessories shop guy and see how first.

Thanks anyway uncle!

If you use panel LEDs, U have too!

My previous W203 inside bright as day with 48 LEDs panels front & rear dome - swee swee 1 year+ also no problem.

Dun surrender so easily lah! ;D

Guest fanatic

Hey bro..yest i went to auto shop wanted to change the LED for the eyelid and the lisence plate ..they say if i change will have error msg lighting up..they sak me to find out with agent..is it true?

Guest NewC180

Hey bro..yest i went to auto shop wanted to change the LED for the eyelid and the lisence plate ..they say if i change will have error msg lighting up..they sak me to find out with agent..is it true?

Hi, if you buy the LEDs with built in resistor from the American ebay seller in the first post of this thread, you can put them into your eye lids and license plate without adding additional resistors and no error message as well.

So far it works well for mine at least.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi, if you buy the LEDs with built in resistor from the American ebay seller in the first post of this thread, you can put them into your eye lids and license plate without adding additional resistors and no error message as well.

Hi Bro NewC180,

Yours bulbs cannot make it.

Looks like the ones that I ordered also mati liao! :death:

Tried on the licence plate lights & footwell lights both cmi...i.e----flickering!

I hooked your bulb with the resistor that I bought - swee swee but the resistor gets very hot - doesn't wanna burnt my ride. :banghead:

Looks like I have to go SLT to look for the ceramic resistors. This doesn't get hot.

Guest NewC180

Hi Bro NewC180,

Yours bulbs cannot make it.

Looks like the ones that I ordered also mati liao! :death:

Tried on the licence plate lights & footwell lights both cmi...i.e----flickering!

I hooked your bulb with the resistor that I bought - swee swee but the resistor gets very hot - doesn't wanna burnt my ride. :banghead:

Looks like I have to go SLT to look for the ceramic resistors. This doesn't get hot.

Oops! Lucky I give them to you FOC and not sell you, if not later you scold me until my head smelly.

These bulbs are very strange. I've used the T10 ones from the same German seller and they don't fickle or have OBC error. I've tried the festoons that I've given to you on my bimmer, and they don't fickle but got OBC error. Now fit into your car fickle, don't understand!! Who knows, maybe those that you've ordered will work somehow?!? Anyway let's see.

I think all these LED with built in resistors is a matter of trial and error and see if you heng or suay lor. So far at least my eyelids are not giving me problems. Guys thinking of buying please note that you have been warned! Need to experiment here and there, though not cheap!

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Bro NewC180,

My LED festoon bulbs with inbuilt resistors came and they work perfectly on my W211 licence plate lamps.

Just plug & play! Swee swee boh chow chwee!!!!:yumyum:

I translated the seller german website to English using Babel Fish before I purchased those bulbs.

On that site, it was mentioned to inform the seller the make & model of your car.

Probably that were important information.

I mighty buy a few more pairs for spares...kiasu! :clap:

3353453269_19668599cc.jpg?v=0

3353453335_08ee62fb29.jpg?v=0

Guest blackmercs

Wow, uncle swee swee no horse run! Looks really nice!

Let me know if you wanna order, I might wanna give it a try again. Thanks!

Hi, Batam Cheem, i m interested too for the rear licence plate LED bulb. Do they have the front LED T10 too?

thanks

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi, Batam Cheem, i m interested too for the rear licence plate LED bulb. Do they have the front LED T10 too?

thanks

Hi,

This guy dun seems to sell T10 with inbuilt resistor.

I could be wrong.

I only ordered the LED festoon bulbs from him.

For the T10, please check with Bro NewC180.

His front bulbs are in working worker.

Why not check with Bro Eugenemon - He has an extra set of T10 for the number plate I think!

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3153.msg44178#msg44178

53_01.jpg

Guest blackmercs

thanks

Hi,

This guy dun seems to sell T10 with inbuilt resistor.

I could be wrong.

I only ordered the LED festoon bulbs from him.

For the T10, please check with Bro NewC180.

His front bulbs are in working worker.

Why not check with Bro Eugenemon - He has an extra set of T10 for the number plate I think!

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3153.msg44178#msg44178

53_01.jpg

Hi, mine is CLC coupe, my licence plate bulb are festoon type. Do u have spare set?

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi, mine is CLC coupe, my licence plate bulb are festoon type. Do u have spare set?

Unfortunately no! I've no spare set of the festoon type.

You might wanna order from the German seller but remember to tell him

your make, model & year.

He might not speak English and I hope your German translation will be good to communicate with him. :pray:

Guest blackmercs

Unfortunately no! I've no spare set of the festoon type.

You might wanna order from the German seller but remember to tell him

your make, model & year.

He might not speak English and I hope your German translation will be good to communicate with him. :pray:

Hmm ok, can i have the link or contacts nos please.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fanatic

Hey bros..Any recommended places to change my headlight to HID and also the eyelid to LED???? Been to a few shop but they are unsure if the error light will light up..