• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B180 after Reverse Tilt, side mirror do not return to exact position

The service man says he tested other new Merc , all giving the same problem. Aka is he telling me my problem cannot be solved?

Can I trust him? Like tat also can? I tot Merc is known for it's quality?

I told him I would like to go down personally to check on the other mercs to see for myself that other merc all having the same problem.

Wondering whether he just want to get me off his back that he said those words?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean they told you u is "like that one cant be help!!"?

Sound like the same lame reason given to problem of the car swaying left when not holding on to the steering wheel 

Sound like the same lame reason given to problem of the car swaying left when not holding on to the steering wheel 

Hmm.. I not going to accept the service executive words. I want to go there and see it for myself that other Mercs also having the same problem and cant be solved.

If not I just go small claim court under lemon law..

• 3 weeks later...

Went to service centre and was told cannot be solved. So I decided to leave the feature off...is not important anyway but feel abit unjust buying a NEW merc with a

imperfect feature..

Think I just do like one of the bro here, set the reverse tilt as the normal position so that it wun tilt..

Went to service centre and was told cannot be solved. So I decided to leave the feature off...is not important anyway but feel abit unjust buying a NEW merc with a

imperfect feature..

Think I just do like one of the bro here, set the reverse tilt as the normal position so that it wun tilt..

If I were to buy a brand new car, I definitely wouldn't take no for an answer... 

If I were to buy a brand new car, I definitely wouldn't take no for an answer... 

hmm.. i also think so... maybe i should complain ...

The service guy says ALL the mercedes (assuming new one after 2015) have this problem of tilt not returning back to the exact position.

Is this true? or is he just trying to brush me away???

Would appreciate owners of merc can verify what the service guy says is true?

W176 A180 here - the mirror doesn't move to the _exact_ position, now that I notice it.

Wing mirrors aren't designed with any means for the control unit to accurately determine position. (Unless you design it with fancy optical sensors or expensive high precision stepper motors) . That's why on many cars it's so hard to adjust the mirrors without overshooting your intended position. 

Also it didn't bother me much because current mirrors have such a large field of view compared to what I was used to (W169 A class and W124 E class).

I can list a thousand flaws with any car I drive but I'd be miserable if I harp on the things that don't really matter! Wind noise from the mirror - now that's something that annoys me. 

hmm.. i also think so... maybe i should complain ...

The service guy says ALL the mercedes (assuming new one after 2015) have this problem of tilt not returning back to the exact position.

Is this true? or is he just trying to brush me away???

Would appreciate owners of merc can verify what the service guy says is true?

Yes, I noticed my don't tilt back to the same position- like what you mentioned, but that only once in a blue moon, most of the time is just work fine.

I also notice those service engineer just like to said "is like that one" rather than saying "I can't fix it"....maybe you should write to Mercedes than CNC.

Yes, I noticed my don't tilt back to the same position- like what you mentioned, but that only once in a blue moon, most of the time is just work fine.

I also notice those service engineer just like to said "is like that one" rather than saying "I can't fix it"....maybe you should write to Mercedes than CNC.

How often? once a week? or once a month?

Wondering should I continue to press CnC for a solution?

imperfect feature..

how to turn off the auto tilt feature, I know how to set it , but dunno how to turn it off as it piss me off by not returning to normal position, dun wan to use the feature anymore !

how to turn off the auto tilt feature, I know how to set it , but dunno how to turn it off as it piss me off by not returning to normal position, dun wan to use the feature anymore !

set ur adjustment button to the right mirror and stay there. OR set ur current position as ur tilt position, so that the side mirror will not tilt.

U also having this problem? how often? new merc?

This merc service is taking A LONG TIME and never reply my enquiry. They seem to heck care about my side mirror problem even though i say i will give up if they can show me that other mercs are also having the same problem.

They just trying to brush me off. I am now seriously thinking of issue a complain with the small court tribunal under lemon law.

Any advice?

The reason i get from their service guy is all the merc having the same problem but when i ask them show me so that i can give  up, they never reply.

Should I continue to press them or should i just give up?

Thanks

This merc service is taking A LONG TIME and never reply my enquiry. They seem to heck care about my side mirror problem even though i say i will give up if they can show me that other mercs are also having the same problem.

They just trying to brush me off. I am now seriously thinking of issue a complain with the small court tribunal under lemon law.

Any advice?

The reason i get from their service guy is all the merc having the same problem but when i ask them show me so that i can give  up, they never reply.

Thanks

Did you go bang tables :)

Ask to speak to higher authority lor

If they also same altitude... then go small claims and make them bo eng :)

Any advice?

Thanks

Think its design flaws - suspect quite common and hence they cant fix it,

these were some the things that I was not happy abt with Mercedes, but to be fair it was only intermittent, not always (-> more difficult to show to them). 

Btw when I just go the car, initially I complained to them why only one side (passenger side) working.....didn't know its only one side unlike Japanese cars!!!

Think its design flaws - suspect quite common and hence they cant fix it,

these were some the things that I was not happy abt with Mercedes, but to be fair it was only intermittent, not always (-> more difficult to show to them). 

Btw when I just go the car, initially I complained to them why only one side (passenger side) working.....didn't know its only one side unlike Japanese cars!!!

yes.. confirmed by merc service executive. The B series 2016 all having the same problem, he even offer to let me try out another B series to see for myself. So i think this is a design flaw, no point trying to get it repair.

So i just disable the tilt... case closed.. but strange the merc allow such a flaw to exist.

Lucky this function is not important.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, dcaaa said:

Will all Merc ride side mirror tilt when engage to reverse? Is it both mirror or just one? Just got my ride less than 2 weeks.  Didn't notice that when I reverse. 

New rides should have. 

U need to press the left mirror button and when reverse it will auto tilt.