• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

newbie to Merc

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sure. got myself an A200. not sure the extra 4k is worth adding for the horsepower

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Honestly, you can easily tune the 180 to a higher spec than the 200 for a fraction of the cost. But you've got the right to say yours is a genuine 200 model. Plus it's reflected in your OMV!

Although $4k difference, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the current A200 is still the prefacelift model compared to the A180 which is the newer facelifted model? The newly facelifted A200 probably won't be priced so closed to the A180.

Honestly, you can easily tune the 180 to a higher spec than the 200 for a fraction of the cost. But you've got the right to say yours is a genuine 200 model. Plus it's reflected in your OMV!

Although $4k difference, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the current A200 is still the prefacelift model compared to the A180 which is the newer facelifted model? The newly facelifted A200 probably won't be priced so closed to the A180.

The new batch of A200 is the newly face lifted model. It's exactly the same as the A180 though apart from the horse power.

tune? interesting, I'm quite new to conti cars actually. You mean by doing just a retune or some modification required or a simple increase in boost?

The new batch of A200 is the newly face lifted model. It's exactly the same as the A180 though apart from the horse power.

thats what my SE told me, is the same as face lifted model same as A180.

Pardon my ignorance. I only thought so because on C&C's latest price list, they listed A180 and A45 as "new" aka facelift. It's easy to assume that they're trying to clear stock for the pre-facelift A200 & A250 models.

post-105-0-75528700-1465692589_thumb.jpg

tune? interesting, I'm quite new to conti cars actually. You mean by doing just a retune or some modification required or a simple increase in boost?

Yup. You can choose to flash your ECU or add a piggy back or do both for maximum performance gains. I personally tuned mine with MonsterTune, they are reputable and provide dyno test of every tune they've done:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/79-monster-tune/

Alternatively, RaceChip is also popular:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14493-racechip-tb-ultimate-the-cream-of-the-crop-in-piggyback-tune-box/

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/17955-racechip-power-increase-through-chip-tuning-turbo-models-only/page-1

Pardon my ignorance. I only thought so because on C&C's latest price list, they listed A180 and A45 as "new" aka facelift. It's easy to assume that they're trying to clear stock for the pre-facelift A200 & A250 models.

CnC should properly update their price list to avoid confusion. Confirm the A200 are the new face lift models with halogen lights (prelift A200 I was told cames with LED lights).

There should also be a A200 in CnC showroom and a A200 to test drive now I think.

Yup. You can choose to flash your ECU or add a piggy back or do both for maximum performance gains. I personally tuned mine with MonsterTune, they are reputable and provide dyno test of every tune they've done:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/79-monster-tune/

Alternatively, RaceChip is also popular:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14493-racechip-tb-ultimate-the-cream-of-the-crop-in-piggyback-tune-box/

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/17955-racechip-power-increase-through-chip-tuning-turbo-models-only/page-1

Thanks for the info. Noob qns, thought is either ECU reflash or piggyback for tuning will be perfect, why need both? Another thing is there's no need an extra boost controller?

Thanks for the info. Noob qns, thought is either ECU reflash or piggyback for tuning will be perfect, why need both? Another thing is there's no need an extra boost controller?

I do have done both on my car. I don't really understand the technical aspects of it but I do understand that both will give you the maximum performance possible.

I do have done both on my car. I don't really understand the technical aspects of it but I do understand that both will give you the maximum performance possible.

icic. thanks for the info. got time will join the meetup too with my current ride first if is ok.