• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New to merc

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats. Pardon my ignorance, whata the diff between normal cla and shooting brake?

CLA Coupe aka Normal CLA

post-105-0-12892400-1464756040_thumb.jpeg

CLA Shooting Brake

post-105-0-26871300-1464756072_thumb.jpeg

Hi all,

Reporting as newbie to Merc. Just got my cla180 shooting brake. Look forward to our meeting.

Welcome! We're having our next GTG end June, feel free to sign up and join us!

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/22535-sgmerc-gtg-at-autovox-garage-r-25-jun-2016/#entry235487

Looks good.. I mistaken shooting brake is a better brake that stops the car much quicker and firmer..hahA..

I also dun know the term till I read abt it at wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake

Shooting-brake is a car body style that has evolved through several distinct meanings over its history.

Shooting-brake originated as an early 19th century British term for a vehicle used to carry shooting parties with their equipment and game. The term brake was initially a chassis used to break in horses — and was subsequently used to describe a motorized vehicle.

The term was later applied to custom-built wagons by high-end coachbuilders and subsequently became synonymous with station wagon or estate.

• 2 weeks later...