• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS

nicobogoss

I know how to activate / deactivate the functionality.

However when i off the engine and start again later, the collision prevention assist plus will go back to "activate".

Is there a way to permanently set as "deactivate", and be able to "activate" it again whenever i would like to?

• 4 weeks later...

Agree with Jtang, this CPA+ saved me from rear end into the front car due to moment of lost concentration. CPA+ came on and applied the brake.

Does this function help to brake? I was told by SE that this function reminds us to brake instead of helping to brake. It is the brake assist function (Available as add-on for C&C cars) that helps to brake. Please correct me if i am wrong. 

Does this function help to brake? I was told by SE that this function reminds us to brake instead of helping to brake. It is the brake assist function (Available as add-on for C&C cars) that helps to brake. Please correct me if i am wrong.

That feature is called Collision Prevention Assist (CPA)....it warns you of impending collision by a loud beeping noise only. CPA+ (Plus) actually brakes the car for you independently when there's impending collision.

Frankly, this feature is helpful if you are a careless driver for the most part of your driving life. But it can get annoying for spirited driving like tight overtaking maneuvers. Imagine the car comes to a sudden halt when u want to do a quick overtake becos the vehicle in front is slow.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems my w205 comes with that function? However, how do I know if it's working? Don't seems to work as I've tried but end up having to brake myself. *sweat

U need to check with your SE or brochure to see if your car was fitted with this option.

It seems my w205 comes with that function? However, how do I know if it's working? Don't seems to work as I've tried but end up having to brake myself. *sweat

Can't seem to get the red triangle no matter how near you drive...I know what you mean? Had CnC check on my CPA+ previously as well and everything was found to be fine. Still can't get the red triangle out so I guess it's just the way I drive. Not sure if any bro in this forum knows of any way to always get the red triangle out.

You can also check if you have the CPA+ function by looking at the multi-function display. I think it can be found under the assist menu. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can't seem to get the red triangle no matter how near you drive...I know what you mean? Had CnC check on my CPA+ previously as well and everything was found to be fine. Still can't get the red triangle out so I guess it's just the way I drive. Not sure if any bro in this forum knows of any way to always get the red triangle out.

You can also check if you have the CPA+ function by looking at the multi-function display. I think it can be found under the assist menu.

When your speed is faster than the front car and you close in relative to its speed and getting closer, the red triangle will appear and if you do not react by slowing down, the alert sound will be audible to warn you too

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

There should be radar sensing control unit iirc in your bumper.

Is the radar being blocked or no more there, switched off or have you check your settings?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I am going to get it checked out next week so it’s possible to switch off the function totally?. 

my settings doesn’t have collision prevention assist option at all.

but I used to have the red triangle alerts before my bumper change

thanks all for your valuable input 

21 hours ago, Novicedriver said:

I am going to get it checked out next week so it’s possible to switch off the function totally?. 

my settings doesn’t have collision prevention assist option at all.

but I used to have the red triangle alerts before my bumper change

thanks all for your valuable input 

IIRC for my W213 for came with Driver Active Brake Assistance Package (can be adjusted when the ignition key is switched on position)

Without the Active Brake Assistance Package (can be adjusted when engine is switched on)

In the multimedia go to Vehicle --> Assistance -> Active Brake Assist ->

4 modes selection for Active Brake Assist Warning/Brake Application

1. Early 2. Medium 3. Late 4. Off

Cheers

• 5 months later...

This's not collision prevention assist but attention assist

This's the function to detect the driver if he's falling asleep and to warn the driver he probably needs a rest before continuing driving

Go to system setting and see if you've switched this feature off 

Cheers