• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Looking high and low for BYO (Bring Your Own) workshop

mike9956

Hi friends, I have been looking for BYP workshop where they will charge labour cost.  Though I paid for genuine/original parts, on many occasions, I have doubts that they supply/install it. I'd rather buy from authorized distributors (eg. Goldenlink, Tye Soon, Min Ghee, Gallop) and deliver  to workshop for installation with a  peace of mind.

Appreciate it if you could recommend BYO workshop

Enjoy your day !!   

Hi Guys, another quiz...when it is time to change the starter battery or  consumer battery in the S300L ?? Does the multifunction display indicates  'low bat' so I still have couple of days to change out. I just don't want to encounter a no warning death on the road or can't start up in a car park.  Separately, is it correct to assume that though starter bat is working, a failed consumer bat will still immobilise the car as the electronics stopped working. This bring to mind, why not combined both bat (like most other brand).....Oops my mind working overtime on a lazy weekend

Enjoy your weekend !

most dun accept BYO nowadays and i think it is fair.

if one doesn't trust a shop to deliver original products when one pays for it, then find a more decent one.

honestly, i think it is weird for a Benz owner to BYO and worry about the smaller sums.

Hi Guys, another quiz...when it is time to change the starter battery or consumer battery in the S300L ?? Does the multifunction display indicates 'low bat' so I still have couple of days to change out. I just don't want to encounter a no warning death on the road or can't start up in a car park. Separately, is it correct to assume that though starter bat is working, a failed consumer bat will still immobilise the car as the electronics stopped working. This bring to mind, why not combined both bat (like most other brand).....Oops my mind working overtime on a lazy weekend

Enjoy your weekend !

Not sure if s class will have warning for battery due to change.

My previous ride w203 battery went flat without warning even though can crank engine properly.

Current ride CLA when eco mode take longer or does not activate at all was a sign for me to change battery.

• Like 1

most dun accept BYO nowadays and i think it is fair.

if one doesn't trust a shop to deliver original products when one pays for it, then find a more decent one.

honestly, i think it is weird for a Benz owner to BYO and worry about the smaller sums.

Depends on what parts u change I believe. Some parts can really save quite a bit.

Time is bad. Ha. Can save is a good thing. :)

• Like 1

Hi darksaint, you may have a point. Nevertheless, It's bad feeling to be taken for a ride. Many workshop bosses are greedy. Maybe just my luck. I have yet to find one that is consistently honest and not greedy. Please share with me.

Guys, by the way, i heard squeaky noise coming from driver side rear undercarriage. Any clue if it is rocker arm, shock absorber or airmatic suspension ? I don't see any malfunction displayed. Will appreciate suggestion

Bring your ride to Top93 our site sponsor. Nego from there whether to BYO or not. Their service is top notch and not those cut throat shop.

Yes and No!! Your parts that are defective who u want to point the finger at? Say engine oil, after oil change engine seize!! Will u go back to ws to claim againt them?

Depends on what parts u change I believe. Some parts can really save quite a bit.

Time is bad. Ha. Can save is a good thing. :)

Fully agree.

Fully agree too !

Most workshop charging me $1.8k for my airmatic

I conducted my own BYO and paid $1.2k in all.

$600 savings can bring my family for many good meals

Doesn't mean I drive a Merc i will be so generous to pay any amount the workshop ask for

• Like 1

Maybe also depends on your relationship with workshops?

And also depending on models. If common and easy parts some maybe okay.

Also like what blackmerc said, what if just only change engine oil which is BYO and engine KO, how are you going to claim?