• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A180 style fall in

iceman313

Back to the yellow light story.. just brought a pre owned 2014 unit. Don't really wana spend so much to convert it to LED. Any one had any luck changing the yellow headlight to whiter one.. please advice...

Headlight - if you want bright (but still somewhat yellow) and ECE (and therefore LTA) approved then it's osram nightbreaker plus H7

I think there are other bulbs that are bluer than this and ECE approved but they don't last as long and have poorer brightness according to reviews.

DRL/highbeam - osram cool blue intense H15

Both available rather affordably from eBay. If you're good with your hands then it's a DIY job. Instructions available in Owner's Manual. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Nattsg said:

Waiting for my 2016 fl 180 in Nov.  Disappointed I can't get it w led. Any1 has referral on ws that can install or diy instructions and where to buy the bulbs that are whiter. I prefer white lights.

Will replacing void any warranty? Also looking to change spoiler etc

Sonic Racing / benzline / Elebest may have the headlights u want to install. 

Changing lamp bulbs should be ok. Unless the lamp bulbs cause the headlight to be damaged. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, newbie here. I was studying the design of A180. I found out there is a styling called "standard" with Halogen headlight and no LED rear light. Locally, C&C style line comes with only halogen headlight. Does it mean that their rear light with be the simple design type with no LED (with 2 strokes)?

a180_comp.jpg

10 hours ago, blackhicks said:

Hi, newbie here. I was studying the design of A180. I found out there is a styling called "standard" with Halogen headlight and no LED rear light. Locally, C&C style line comes with only halogen headlight. Does it mean that their rear light with be the simple design type with no LED (with 2 strokes)?

a180_comp.jpg

Thanks to mountaingoat_gray W176 service manual,  I figured out that CC "style" rear light is indeed a bulb and not led in combination with the front halogen headlight. Picture in the right.

Screenshot_20170212-112408.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2016/5/26 at 10:24 PM, tkc said:

Hi. Need some help please. I noticed the car roll back on slop a bit. I read the instruction manual that the car has a brake hold function but I can't seems to activate it. Does anyone know if our a class had this feature and how to activate it ?

Secondly when I am on auto start stop at traffic light and the engine cuts off..very often my aircon turns the closed circulation off and I have to turn it on again very frequently . Anyone knows how to prevent that without deactivating the start stop ?

Thanks in advance

Still trying to figure out the car

Closed circulation disabled is a built in function and not related to start/stop. It will automatically disabled in about 20-30min after activate depending on cabin oxygen level. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am new here.  I have been running my A200FL for about 10 months. So far, I had only 1 "issue" with my car.  I had ecperienced "unintended acceleration" while driving at low speeds.. braking stopped it from "the unintended acceleration". C&C solved the issue by re-flashing the ecu. 

My car battery was also changed under warranty for being "weak" after about 6 months.

I will be sending my car soon for the first service

Have exactly the same issue.  Same  issue cane back 2-3 months after re flash.  Same w the weak battery issue too 

3 minutes ago, Cloverleaf said:

Hi all,

I am new here.  I have been running my A200FL for about 10 months. So far, I had only 1 "issue" with my car.  I had ecperienced "unintended acceleration" while driving at low speeds.. braking stopped it from "the unintended acceleration". C&C solved the issue by re-flashing the ecu. 

My car battery was also changed under warranty for being "weak" after about 6 months.

I will be sending my car soon for the first service

1 hour ago, tkc said:

Have exactly the same issue.  Same  issue cane back 2-3 months after re flash.  Same w the weak battery issue too 

Oh wow! Touch wood.. my "un-intended acceleration" has so far not recurred again. But initially, C&C asked me about floor mat... that annoyed me.. and I told them it is stock mats.

48 minutes ago, blackhicks said:

Wow. This is scary. Quick question.

1. Does it happen during cruise, stationary or anytime?

2. If it happens at highway and make you suddenly go so close to car in front, did brake assist kicked in?

Fingers crossed. Me month 2 ownership now.

Cheers

In my case, it happened at low speeds of about 15-20km/h. I initially thought that the DCT clutch "locked up" causing the car to surge forward. It took me 2 more occurrences to confirm that it was not the case. In both occasions, i resisted tapping on the brakes.. and saw that the rpm actually rose. 

17 minutes ago, Cloverleaf said:

In my case, it happened at low speeds of about 15-20km/h. I initially thought that the DCT clutch "locked up" causing the car to surge forward. It took me 2 more occurrences to confirm that it was not the case. In both occasions, i resisted tapping on the brakes.. and saw that the rpm actually rose. 

Likewise.   At this speed I am usually getting out of carpark and in a few occasions  got a scare as the sudden lunge occurred with  a car in front..  Luckily was not tagging too close 

Also CnC cannot resolve my perennial issue of start stop cannot last more than 10 sec.  Irritating and totally useless 

2 hours ago, tkc said:

Also CnC cannot resolve my perennial issue of start stop cannot last more than 10 sec.  Irritating and totally useless 

I have not used the eco start/stop function.  I know of someone who drives a Passat and he has the same problem.  VW changed the aux battery for him and then the main battery.. after which the eco start/stop worked again. I guess our weather also plays a part.. if the car gets too warm, the engine will start again for the compressor to work. If you try driving without the air con on, you may find that  the engine stays off for longer.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

6 minutes ago, Cloverleaf said:

I have not used the eco start/stop function.  I know of someone who drives a Passat and he has the same problem.  VW changed the aux battery for him and then the main battery.. after which the eco start/stop worked again. I guess our weather also plays a part.. if the car gets too warm, the engine will start again for the compressor to work. If you try driving without the air con on, you may find that  the engine stays off for longer.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Yes, this is correct although I hate and don't use this feature. Just turn your a/c to 18C settings and your start/stop will not even trigger. This is because once stop, the battery cannot sustain the cooling to maintain 18C cabin temperature.

39 minutes ago, blackhicks said:

Yes, this is correct although I hate and don't use this feature. Just turn your a/c to 18C settings and your start/stop will not even trigger. This is because once stop, the battery cannot sustain the cooling to maintain 18C cabin temperature.

You are spot on.  Off aircon it will last longer.  But it's just frustrating to have the feature but not working.  My fren mazda 3 eco works so much better.  However super like the park assist..  Esp for parallel during peak hours..  Hahaha 

17 hours ago, tkc said:

However super like the park assist..  Esp for parallel during peak hours..  Hahaha 

Yes.. the park assist ia good. I could initially make it park only on left side lots.. but not on driver's side lots.. it took me a while to figure out that I had to turn the indicator oon to the right to make it park on driver's side lots. Also trief reverse in parking lots too... but i find it a bit slow.. ie..  you need to pass both cars.. hit the button.. then it slowly reverses into lot.. by whichh time.. a hugh Q of cars are waiting to get past me.. lol

Another "ugly/funny" story. A friend of mine wanted to see how the park assist works. It was reverse in parking lots... but there was 1 parked car 2 empty lots and another parked car... i told him the park assist won't work.. or it will be very "ugly".. ie it would yry to parallel park beteeen the 2 cars...  True enough.. it patallel parked between the 2 cars in a reverse in parking lot.. it was a good laugh.. but very ugly.... i quickly got out of the lot before anyone saw it

Merc has loads of features but it is not the most intuitive in terms of ease of use. Hence I had to go back to basic and read their manual. This is an user guide app for Android.  I use it primarily on my tablet, very handy. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daimler.moba.kundenapp.android

Further updates on my A200FL. About 1 month ago, mý front driver's side suspension started creaking when going over humps. I sent the car in to C&C and it took them 2 days to trace the creak. Apparently, C&C took out both my front shocks and "lubricated" them.  Anyway, there is no more suspension creak.  Hopefully, it is a permanent cure.