• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GPS on B180

ply

Hi, I would like to ask we just got a B180 (delivery Jan 2016). We are given an option to install their GPS system at $2000 off service credit. I wonder if there is any feedback on that? Is it worth the price? We are newbie to Merc! Thanks in advance for the advices!

Hello and Welcome.

Would suggest that you use 3rd party ones such as Garmin, tom tom or papago.

I was offered the GPS package last year but changed my mine after the demo.

I am using Google maps now and its better than the demo ones that i was shown.

but that was a year ago,not sure if there is any improvement since.

$2k? You can retrofit Comand Online from roughly $3k. Save your credits for servicing.

If not, go to a reputable third party workshop and install an integrated GPS system to the Audio 20 which is the same setup as what C&C is offering, only cheaper.

• Like 1

Thanks Raider!! The 3rd party ones you meant are another external device right?

Thanks markcwq! Yes, $2k for the additional GPS feature on the current screen. I'm not sure what is the name for it. Is the current screen in the car call Audio 20? Will it affect the warranty etc if we get third party workshop to install an integrated gps?

Thanks Raider!! The 3rd party ones you meant are another external device right?

Thanks markcwq! Yes, $2k for the additional GPS feature on the current screen. I'm not sure what is the name for it. Is the current screen in the car call Audio 20? Will it affect the warranty etc if we get third party workshop to install an integrated gps?

Yup the stock entertainment system is called Audio 20, the original Merc Navi system is called Comand Online. If the fault of the warranty claim is traced to your mods, obviously warranty won't cover it anymore.

Yes, indeed. 3rd party ones are external units

There are two types of third party navi systems.

One system is integrated with the original Merc screen (which is what C&C is offering for $2k credits):

post-105-0-78954800-1451801025_thumb.jpg

Second type would be the portable (external) ones as you mentioned:

post-105-0-47221400-1451801072_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

hi gurus... how bout a system where by it mirrors the image off your smartie phones?  Understand there is such a system in the market al;rdy.  With that any image can be piped into the screen in front right?

Any gurus care to share?

read on the Mercedes website that there is option to install Garmin GPS just by inserting the Garmin SD Card into Audio20. not sure if it is applicable for B class.

that sounds cool! Anyone has more info on that? 

• 1 month later...

Aftermarket GPS (Garmin, Galactio, etc.) can be integrated with the stock Audio 20 system regardless of what car you're driving. Check with Elebest.