• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Upgrade spk & amp

Guest lloyd

[Nowadays I dunno who is carrying the IDMax & IDQ subs in Singapore.

ID subs dun cost an arm or leg.

U might check with your installer or U can try at SLS]

Went to SLS yesterday,can't even find any shop selling subwoofer/car audio :( Before SLS already check SLT liao,none of them carry ID...only cheap sub w/box retailing below $200.Maybe u can give me name of the shop at SLS which sell car audio or which level,i explore again :pray: If not i've to ring every car audio installer in sg :'(

[iMHO, the IDMax Ver 3.0 should cost abt. $500+ with box below $500 depending what type of material & installer.

BTW IDMax is very suitable for free air installation & doesn't really need a box.

I m using IDMax myself and installed it free air in my W203]

Don't think S$500 can get the sub w/o box,Woofer ETC selling USD500 before shipping.

[if U used IDQ,look for a class D amp that goes down to 1 ohm stable.

A Class D amp around 1000WRMS @ 1 ohm should drive the IDMax pretty decently.]

Must i add a capacitor if this 1000W amp goes in my car?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

lloyd ]

[Nowadays I dunno who is carrying the IDMax & IDQ subs in Singapore.

ID subs dun cost an arm or leg.

U might check with your installer or U can try at SLS]

Went to SLS yesterday,can' wrote:

Don't think S$500 can get the sub w/o box,Woofer ETC selling USD500 before shipping.

[if U used IDQ,look for a class D amp that goes down to 1 ohm stable.

A Class D amp around 1000WRMS @ 1 ohm should drive the IDMax pretty decently.]

Must i add a capacitor if this 1000W amp goes in my car?

IMHO,

1. I will check with my fren why I can get IDMax sub in SG.

2. $500+ is for an IDMax. A sealed box can cost up to $500 depending on the material & installer. Some installer may charge as little as $200 for just a box.

Why as much as $500 for a box - One can be kiasu and wan a stylo milo box like 1" thick MDF box with Arylic & neon light in the box and also "top

installer - labor are usually on the high side. If U are using IDMax, I will recommend U to go free air. No box needed.

3. May not necessary to add a capacitor to your ICE depend how many amps and the wattage U are running and also your listening level. If U are the type that do not crank up your volume that your ride goes boomm...booommm....booommmm on the road, probably U doesn't need a capacitor.

Let me checkup where I can lay my hand on a IDMax.

Previously I bought 6 IDMax from a guy who brought them in to SG.

If U want to compliment your Focal components & speaker of the same brand, then chose a Focal sub and that the easiest way to go.

If U want to compliment your Focal components & speaker of the same brand, then chose a Focal sub and that the easiest way to go.

Thanks for the trouble,i wait for your gd news.

Meanwhile i hold my horses on this focal subwoofer 33KX(13" 30Hz-1000Hz double voice-coil 2x2 ohms)because IDMax can install it free air so can have more space at the boot.

If install free air,i need to do some wooden board/mdf to support the sub right?

I've added a 'Rockford 3sixty.2' processor last week cos installer don't have the 701.Hoping the bass can sound/feel from the dash.

Guest kepiting1sg

Meanwhile i hold my horses on this focal subwoofer 33KX(13" 30Hz-1000Hz double voice-coil 2x2 ohms)because IDMax can install it free air so can have more space at the boot.

If install free air,i need to do some wooden board/mdf to support the sub right?

Yes! The free air sub need to be supported or else you will have lots of rattling.

If I remembered correctly, mine is sitting on 1" thick mdf board.

Installer told me he tried 3/4" mdf cmi.

Will let U know!

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks again,take your time.

After CNY then i do up the sub.

Is there any diff between IDMax and this IDMax chrome series?

Near CNY - most of the installer workers also celebrating CNY especially Malaysian workers.

>>>any diff between IDMax and this IDMax chrome series?<<<

Some thing new to me!

Guest kepiting1sg

I've added a 'Rockford 3sixty.2' processor last week cos installer don't have the 701.Hoping the bass can sound/feel from the dash.

Dai ichi at SLS has moved. They used to carry ID subwoofers.

Maybe U wanna checked them out whether they still carry IDMax.

Dai-Ichi is now at 10 Toh Guan Road(Level 1),

TT Int'l Tradepark(Akira Building, opposite IMM),

Tel: 6861 3369; HP: 9758 8437;

email: [email protected]

Guest kepiting1sg

Good old Charlie.... :devil2:

Some ex-customers got good fond memories of him but some dun....U can't satisfy everyone....wahahaha! ;)

Batam Cheem ]

lloyd ]

I' wrote:

Dai-Ichi is now at 10 Toh Guan Road(Level 1),

TT Int' wrote:

Thankyou berry berry much..Now they only left with IDMax 10V3D4,mean dual 4 ohms and smaller than 12".Should i get the 10" instead of 12" cos its difficult to search for this brand.

Dual 4 ohms mean harder to push than dual 2 ohms?Amp rating=??

Asked them if i pay deposit to bring in the 12",they said no.This 10" cost 450+.

Thanks again,take your time.

After CNY then i do up the sub.

Is there any diff between IDMax and this IDMax chrome series?

Near CNY - most of the installer workers also celebrating CNY especially Malaysian workers.

>>>any diff between IDMax and this IDMax chrome series?<<<

Some thing new to me!

Chrome series is new model,according to da-ichi its not out yet.

Me really no patient..went down to da-ichi today bought the IDMax 10V3D4 and pheonix gold 1200w @2ohms.

double voice coil 4 ohms wire to 2 ohms,hope i got it correct.

After CNY then install at chuan sing.

Guest kepiting1sg

Me really no patient..went down to da-ichi today bought the IDMax 10V3D4 and pheonix gold 1200w @2ohms.

double voice coil 4 ohms wire to 2 ohms,hope i got it correct.

After CNY then install at chuan sing.

DVC 4 ohm mean U can wire in series into 8 ohm or // the coil into 2 ohm load.

Normally DVC 4 ohm people will // them into a 2 ohm load.

My personal choice for a single sub will be DVC 2 ohm, so I can wire them into a 1 ohm load.

Nowadays lots of Class D amp runs down to 1 ohm stable.

Wah! U really no patient!

Anyway U have made your purchase and my congratulations to you. :clap:

Your PG 1200WRMS @ 2 ohm will have enough juice to drive your IDMax 10.

After your instal, let me know your results?

I believe CS should be able to do a good instal for your ICE.

My personal choice for a single sub will be DVC 2 ohm, so I can wire them into a 1 ohm load.

Actually i want DVC 2 ohms,they don't have :(

Your PG 1200WRMS @ 2 ohm will have enough juice to drive your IDMax 10.

That means if i get the PG 600WRMS@2 ohms($300 cheaper) then it will be under powered?I thought the PG1200 is more than enough :wifstupid:

After your instal, let me know your results?

I believe CS should be able to do a good instal for your ICE.

Can't wait to let u know :tazzie:

Before i purchase these items,i ask CS whether can bring my own stuff.

The custom sealed box for my IDMax 10" should be 0.9cuft or larger?Any dimension(LxBxH) need to follow?

Can this sub install free air?

Anyway custom box & free air also need to pay $$$.

Which setup kicks harder and deeper?

Paiseh too many Qs ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

The custom sealed box for my IDMax 10" should be 0.9cuft or larger?Any dimension(LxBxH) need to follow?

Can this sub install free air?

Anyway custom box & free air also need to pay $$$.

Which setup kicks harder and deeper?

Paiseh too many Qs ;D

No need paiseh!

The recommended power for IDMax10 Ver 3 DVC 4 ohm is 50 WRMS to 1000 WRMS

Here's the link to the detail specs of your sub.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/manuals/iDMax/iDMax10D4V3.pdf

IMHO - The Resonance Hz of your IDMax is 20.4Hz - can be used for free air.

My IDMax Ver 3 DVC 2 ohm is mounted free air. Max power is 2000WRMS - I run it at about 1200WRMS @ 1 ohm.

My total 4 amps power is exactly 600WRMS @ 4 ohm.

This is to enable me to take part in competition for 1W to 600W categeory.

Recommended sealed box volume is 0.9 cu.ft - no fixed box dimensions required as long as the mounting diameter and depth are provided.

bro you have to beef up your rear parcel shelf before you install free to air. You might have to zhng kang in the center area if you want it to look balanced, if not buy another 10" then just have to zhng larger kang on both rear speaker holes... heart pain bro, new car. :ninja:

bro you have to beef up your rear parcel shelf before you install free to air. You might have to zhng kang in the center area if you want it to look balanced, if not buy another 10" then just have to zhng larger kang on both rear speaker holes... heart pain bro, new car. :ninja:

No need to look balance,i only want to sound balance.So if i zhng kang on the right side does it sound unbalance?Low freqency got no direction is it??

Guest kepiting1sg

No need to look balance,i only want to sound balance.So if i zhng kang on the right side does it sound unbalance?Low freqency got no direction is it??

U will not see the mounting of your sub from the rear parcel. It will be all covered up. Low Hz has long wave length and it's not directional.

Paiseh,ask so much abt free air end up in a sealed box.

CS said sealed box less worries,won't rattle compare to free air if not done properly.Dont want me go back and kpkb them if not done properly.

How come i cant feel the bass from the boot,it sound together with my component spk.Is it with the help of processor?

Now i feel the bass very hard and solid maybe must listen to other ppl setup then can know its weakness.Or maybe the recordings not low enough,cant hear any booming??

Guest kepiting1sg

CS said sealed box less worries,won't rattle compare to free air if not done properly.Dont want me go back and kpkb them if not done properly.

How come i cant feel the bass from the boot,it sound together with my component spk.Is it with the help of processor?

Now i feel the bass very hard and solid maybe must listen to other ppl setup then can know its weakness.Or maybe the recordings not low enough,cant hear any booming??

The free air job must be done well and a good installer should able to do it well too.

Mine doesn't rattles!

U should not feel the bass coming from the boot - Your installer has done a good job to bring the bass to the front - sometimes we call upfront bass.

Congrats again to hear that U like what U hear! :thumbsup:

Batam Cheem ]

CS said sealed box less worries,won' wrote:

The free air job must be done well and a good installer should able to do it well too.

Mine doesn't rattles!

U should not feel the bass coming from the boot - Your installer has done a good job to bring the bass to the front - sometimes we call upfront bass.

Congrats again to hear that U like what U hear! :thumbsup:

Thankyou sifu!

Though now using 10" IDMax but compare to my ex-car using kicker 12" L7 solo fabric square sub..overall result=20% better.

For car audio a sub woofer is a must! Now i can turn my volume alot higher without the spk being distort/clip,just let the sub take care of the low hz and spk can work less.

Maybe i'm able to turn the volume higher,staging improve and plently of musical notes were never heard before installing the sub.

Spent more than 2 hrs listening with car idle=waste petrol.

Next upgrade will be adding a 2 channel amp to make it active.Existing amp(steg) 105w x2,can i use a lower wattage amp(eg:genesis 50w x2) for my tweeter?It sounds abit sharp maybe an amp with a warmer sound can help.Tube expensive?

Guest kepiting1sg

Thankyou sifu!

Though now using 10" IDMax but compare to my ex-car using kicker 12" L7 solo fabric square sub..overall result=20% better.

For car audio a sub woofer is a must! Now i can turn my volume alot higher without the spk being distort/clip,just let the sub take care of the low hz and spk can work less.

Maybe i'm able to turn the volume higher,staging improve and plently of musical notes were never heard before installing the sub.

Spent more than 2 hrs listening with car idle=waste petrol.

Next upgrade will be adding a 2 channel amp to make it active.Existing amp(steg) 105w x2,can i use a lower wattage amp(eg:genesis 50w x2) for my tweeter?It sounds abit sharp maybe an amp with a warmer sound can help.Tube expensive?

I am no sifu lah! Dun make be paiseh pls.

Jus a guy giving his Rp1 worth.

For my system, I'm running my 2 way system active.

A Genesis ClassA/AB CA250 2 x 50WRMS to run my tweeters.

2 Genesis Series 3 Miniblocks each running my mid/woofer

1 Genesis Series 3 Monoblock running my IDMax12 Ver 3 DVC 2 ohm wired into a 1 ohm load.

I am using 2 Genesis Series 3 miniblocks each to run each of my 6.5" mid/woofer.to run and using a Genesis Monoblock

Please take your ICE poison slowly & steady hor! ;D