• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PQP@ 7K - anyone renewing for W124?

Guest qes78

The W124's COE is due 3/2011. Am toying with the idea of renewing the COE with Jan 2009's PQP at 7.4K. Can even hang on to see if it drops further, which i think is a high possibility looking at the trends.

Anyhow.....anyone entertaining the same thoughts?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing some thinking and ideally I would love to

i. get another daily driver, renew the COE & take my time to rebuild the tank

Our 124s will be just 2 years short of classic plate eligibility if we renew it next year.

The perfect scenario would be to take 6 months off work. That way I can strip the car down to a bare shell, sand the body to bare metal and get it resprayed. I don't know how easy it would be to hunt down new old stock interior parts though.

yea. me looking at how next month's will go.

Looking at the numbers, the october figures quite high.

So in January, if the COEs drop, might be even more worthwhile

anyhow...even if the price goes up, can still renew for Jan 09's amount correct?

I did some snooping around. The dealers are selling the 89 W124 with 11/08 COE@13K for around 19K.

yup.

new paint job and new seats.

• 2 weeks later...

me also waiting for PQP to drop till further. then i will Re-new it again.

project restoring 124 gotta start if i renew coe. :3some:

there is chance of going down further... :clap: :clap:

I'm also waiting like an eagle!! :la: mine is also same as yours qes78!!

once if go in, will go for a color change!!

yup g8crasher, if renew next year short of 2 yrs, but seriously its damn wu hua!!

I did some snooping around. The dealers are selling the 89 W124 with 11/08 COE@13K for around 19K.

i have seen that on sgcarmart as well, when it's coe nearing finish they selling it for 4.9k acturally...den no one buy they den renew it to try to sell it away...

Guest MBfallshirmjager

I am in the same boat as all of you guys! My current PQP COE is til' 31 Jan 2011. Me and my uncle (both W124 owners with 2yrs COE remaining) are definitely going for the kill once PQP slides down to below seabed level - going for historic underground PQP..... :pray: Me and my uncle have recently spent some dole on enhancing/replacing some important wear&tear parts because we intend to extend our PQP for another 10yrs within the next few months. In fact, we're constantly monitoring it with sharp ears, eagle eyes. Words circulating in the spare parts industry for the aftermarket service gathered that PQP will drop much further below the Jan $7K PQP. I was advised that even if Feb's PQP drops to below $7K to around $5-6K, we should still hang on until for Mar's PQP to be announced because for all we know, it could be in the range of under $5K - maybe $3K plus to $4K plus range. I think we stand a chance if we just have a little extra more patience and with a little luck! Once settled, I am also very keen to give my W124 a new coat of paint after that. ALL THE WAY! :rockon:

Cheerios! :clap:

I am in the same boat as all of you guys! My current PQP COE is til' 31 Jan 2011. Me and my uncle (both W124 owners with 2yrs COE remaining) are definitely going for the kill once PQP slides down to below seabed level - going for historic underground PQP..... :pray: Me and my uncle have recently spent some dole on enhancing/replacing some important wear&tear parts because we intend to extend our PQP for another 10yrs within the next few months. In fact, we're constantly monitoring it with sharp ears, eagle eyes. Words circulating in the spare parts industry for the aftermarket service gathered that PQP will drop much further below the Jan $7K PQP. I was advised that even if Feb's PQP drops to below $7K to around $5-6K, we should still hang on until for Mar's PQP to be announced because for all we know, it could be in the range of under $5K - maybe $3K plus to $4K plus range. I think we stand a chance if we just have a little extra more patience and with a little luck! Once settled, I am also very keen to give my W124 a new coat of paint after that. ALL THE WAY! :rockon:

Cheerios! :clap:

If im not wrong. In MArch, we can elect to take the Feb PQP or the MArch PQP, depending on our choice. so even if it goes up, we got some buffer.

Guest mr w124

Overhauled it in dec 07 bro. But he did not change the valve body. Then changed it in sep 08. was fine till this dec till i replaced my rear axle with the 16 valves one. valve body gave way 2 weeks after that. Changed again. Then gave way after abt another 2 weeks. Leaving the car with the mech for a few days to diagnose. One small broken plastic part in the valve body giving me such a big headache man. Like the achilles heel of my car.

Guest MBfallshirmjager

Today@4pm will the announcement of PQP COE results. Its anybody's guess what the new figure would be? Nevertheless, we shouldn't rush into it. We can still wait after CNY for Feb. Keeping my fingers crossed for all W124ers. :pray:

Guest mr w124

Hi Mike.

Not sure about the pressure. If the pressure is the problem then it should affect all the gears and not just the 4th right? dont know. hope he can diagnose and i can collect the car today. very difficult without a car man. I think it might be something in the trans itself thats causing the valve body to keep breaking. must check. will update u guys.

Hi MBfallshirmjager.

Current PQP is abt 7k plus right? think i would like to renew if it hits 4k. keeping my fingers crossed. most prob it will go down after cny.

PQP should be really low in a couple of months time. 4-5k range looks highly likely. Time to go shopping for a used motorcar. The prices are really tempting now but they will be even more tempting in a few months time.