• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2015 FL B-Class

denwee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It will be the same reason for people buying Honda Stream and Touran.

Most of us have young children and we will require larger spaces in our cars than the normal A class / CLA / C to at least cater for stuffs like weekend groceries + children bikes that can be loaded in, etc. 

Of course Honda Stream and Touran have "7" seats but most likely the last 2 seats are pushed down to create even a boot for the above cars.

Unfortunately, Mercedes do not have a proper MPV like the above and the only 7 seater is a V-Class, but a B-Class still suits us well and fulfill our needs.

This seems to be the case for the popularity of B-Class in Europe too. Large spaces for the family and a NOT SO large costs for a Mercedes.

Does this answer your question?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, new owner for a month here.

Can I check does anyone have incidents of unintended acceleration? I've had 2 or 3 incidents where I move off from a stationary position and the vehicle accelerates sharply and I had to brake immediately. Any advice?

So far no unintended accelerations, but please take note that the turbo kicks in rather early at 1400 RPM. So unlike normal cars, please exercise your right foot to be softer if you do not intend to accelerate fast. This early turbo activation works great when you want to speed up from the slip road to merge with highway traffic though.

Please kindly update if above works.

So far no unintended accelerations, but please take note that the turbo kicks in rather early at 1400 RPM. So unlike normal cars, please exercise your right foot to be softer if you do not intend to accelerate fast. This early turbo activation works great when you want to speed up from the slip road to merge with highway traffic though.

Please kindly update if above works.

I was wondering whether it's the turbo as well, but it kicks in very early, a few seconds after i move off. Will update again if this happens again. Thanks for the reply!

• 3 weeks later...

1st time car owner. Hence has some noob questions: SE say enginee dun have to run in. Is this true? Means day 1 already can ramp liao?

Not sure.. But SE should know what he said.

Also, I am collecting my B180 this month end, can ask how long will the delivery take? Some testing needed? And any tips to share(For B180)?

Thanks bro.

Less than 1 hour

Tips

- Do visual check for scratches or dents or stains on car body and seats.

- Test drive around carpark and check for any car jerking and listen for any abnormal sound from the car at low speed.(switch off the radio when testbdrive)

-BTW we need to send in our car on our own after car collection for nano sealant application due to new policy.

- Learn from the SE how to disengasge parking brake manually.

- Learn from the SE how the Cruise Control stick to works. The car will speed up or down automatically if u accidentally wctivate the cruise control.

- SE has a green paper form that contains a checklist which u can use as a guide to capture the key info that SE has to tell u during handing over.

Less than 1 hour

Tips

- Do visual check for scratches or dents or stains on car body and seats.

- Test drive around carpark and check for any car jerking and listen for any abnormal sound from the car at low speed.(switch off the radio when testbdrive)

-BTW we need to send in our car on our own after car collection for nano sealant application due to new policy.

- Learn from the SE how to disengasge parking brake manually.

- Learn from the SE how the Cruise Control stick to works. The car will speed up or down automatically if u accidentally wctivate the cruise control.

- SE has a green paper form that contains a checklist which u can use as a guide to capture the key info that SE has to tell u during handing over.

Thanks a lot for sharing! I look forward to the delivery of mine.
Also so far everything good? Is there noticeable jerkness when car slowing down(down shift)?

No jerking. Only the normal surge that are felt when engine braking is used at gear 3 to 2 when u suddenly release acccelator or when u accelerate too fast at low gears 2 to 3.

I heard the latest B Class (from late 2015) got a new feature to extend front seats. Is it in our SG variant? 

And there are 4 driving modes now? (In fact asked by yourself previously).

Thanks bro.

Yes, mine have the followings:

1) front seat extendable for thigh support.

2) there is an armrest that can be pulled out for the back passengers to rest their arms.

3) has 5 modes in fact (eco comfort individual sports manual).

With Comfort mode, acceleration is just nice at easily average FC of 7L per 100km (based on my last 7 days of driving 80% highway and 20% stop go traffic)

Yes, mine have the followings:

1) front seat extendable for thigh support.

2) there is an armrest that can be pulled out for the back passengers to rest their arms.

3) has 5 modes in fact (eco comfort individual sports manual).

With Comfort mode, acceleration is just nice at easily average FC of 7L per 100km (based on my last 7 days of driving 80% highway and 20% stop go traffic)

Cool, now I am even more eager to receive my B180. :) 2 more weeks to go. 

Thanks and enjoy your drive!

I have collected the b180 for a month and so far everything is great except that the road noise is noticeable loud esp on rough road road surface. I have changed to the normal quiet tyre but still doesn't help much.

Do U feel the same or its just me haha. I am sending it in for check on next week.

Yes can hear the road noise. Its normal. Just turn up ur music volume and enjoy the ride.the speakers are good in delivering heavy bass music.

For me, also quite bumpy on uneven roads, especially along KPE lane 1.

Hi bros, my SE informed me my collection will be at Pandan. Anything particular to note if the collection is not at Leng Kee? Thanks all.

Hi bros, my SE informed me my collection will be at Pandan. Anything particular to note if the collection is not at Leng Kee? Thanks all.

CONGRATS!

I collected mine at pandan gardens as well. No diff for me whether is leng kee or pandan.

Just try to go under sunlight or brighter areas to check for visual defects.

Note: before collection day,check with ur SE if nano sealant is already applied. Of not, try book your preferred day and time for the sealant application.