• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Good to know

AAAAA

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!! Too technical question? Is good to ask ws. Whats your ride and YOM?

Bro, what does the Button in this message box for?

Btw, I hv done 120k km ++..65mths..experienced all kinda shitty stuff with this machine,w204 1.6.

Currently, after fullmaintaineance, 3dayslater, air compressor got louder, got a intermittent whining sound duno from where , air hose suction noise got louder, sometime at lower speed when going over a hump, can hear two tin can metal hitting sound. Consult SA is a waste of time, u only get 'maybe maybe' reply, never encourage to double check for me.

Now, after all the googling in the net, 90% is my catalytic converter has failed. .this can be a cheap repair or totally rip u apart, but not into pieces I hope.

Just wondering if it's the software or man made mistake during the full maintain svc?

Will send my "The other part"of me in tomorrow for finally diagnostic and repair cost.

Button icon? Hmm post pictures? Do check out our site sponsor ws for advise. Wear and tear is a norm so is better get it done over with. Sorry not a technical guy so cant comment.

To add on below are the signs to watch out:

Cold start in morning or after parked for abt 8hr, probably u will notice few alien sound, from engine bay, and exhaust or underneath the car..u will notice somewhere. There is this constant sound, which will goes off after a few min, I guess is when the engine is warmed up.

When driving, u will feel but can't see , vibration on steering wheel, knob and your seat!

When u drive off, sometime u will notice sound like a supercar, true w204 dun give u this.

On the high way, sometime, u will notice the bass sound appear when u squeez your throttle, twist your torque, from high gear to lower and to higher gear, between 90km/h to 70km/h.

The noises get louder if u drive off your car immediately in cold start, less than 30sec. But noise will not appear on the journey when u leave your engine run for 3mins.

...all this will mislead u its cld be a wheelbearing sound, cv joint ..blah blah blah.....

When u r inside the car, all these noises appear softer, so u wldnt care much, as long as the car still can drive, right?..well,,,u decide