• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Insurance quote from *X*

PearlJam

I got an email inviting me to get an insurance quote from a local bank, promoting *X* Insurance.

The conditions are:

IMPORTANT:
Before proceeding with your quotation, please take a few minutes to read and confirm that:
bullet_point.png You are between 21 and 70 years old with more than 1 year of driving experience bullet_point.png You do not suffer from any disease or infirmity that could impair your ability to drive bullet_point.png You do not have an existing *X* motor policy bullet_point.png You have not had any motor insurance terminated against your will bullet_point.png You did not have a driving conviction in the last 3 years bullet_point.png You did not have 1 claim of more than SGD 10,000 or 2 or more claims in the past 3 years bullet_point.png Your car has not been modified from the manufacturer's standard specifications bullet_point.png Your car is not used for tuition purposes, rental or lease bullet_point.png Your car is not a Honda or Chevrolet or Hyundai that is under 3 years old or a Volkswagen that is under 10 years or a vehicle of High Performance which includes and not limited to Ferrari, Lamborghini

I am very curious about the last condition!   Especially Volkswagen!  Why so?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting!! The insurance cost is it only one dollar? If yes, i wouldnt mind.

How can it be $1?  Anyway I am waiting for the quote.  :D

Haha ask them got pre-inspection services or not before sign up with them. Just to avoid any finger pointing if making a claim.

Hi Pearljam, the reason why some.companies are unable to offer insurance for selected car models is that they are unable to get re-insurers to offer them a plan for the selected models itself.

Some car models are also blacklisted in the market. The more prominent models are usually the subaru wrx, suzuki swift sport and volkswagon golf gti. These cars usually come with high insurance premiums or will be excluded in some insurance companies, as they are identified to be high performance cars with a lightweight body. Stats have also shown that these particular models are known to have a higher accident ratio, thus the high premiums or exclusions.

Hope these answers your question :)

It may be due to them unable to get a reinsurer for the vw fleet. I had an experience when a particular insurance company only does quotes for cars with above $800,000 value. That will be your supercars and ultra luxury cars man. Of course the premiums ain't cheap...

• 3 months later...

I got an email inviting me to get an insurance quote from a local bank, promoting *X* Insurance.

The conditions are:

IMPORTANT:
Before proceeding with your quotation, please take a few minutes to read and confirm that:
bullet_point.png You are between 21 and 70 years old with more than 1 year of driving experience bullet_point.png You do not suffer from any disease or infirmity that could impair your ability to drive bullet_point.png You do not have an existing *X* motor policy bullet_point.png You have not had any motor insurance terminated against your will bullet_point.png You did not have a driving conviction in the last 3 years bullet_point.png You did not have 1 claim of more than SGD 10,000 or 2 or more claims in the past 3 years bullet_point.png Your car has not been modified from the manufacturer's standard specifications bullet_point.png Your car is not used for tuition purposes, rental or lease bullet_point.png Your car is not a Honda or Chevrolet or Hyundai that is under 3 years old or a Volkswagen that is under 10 years or a vehicle of High Performance which includes and not limited to Ferrari, Lamborghini

I am very curious about the last condition!   Especially Volkswagen!  Why so?

This is clearly a hoax by someone with nothing better to do.