• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Malaysia taking action on illegal mods too!!

blackmercs

Boleh land now taking action on illegal mods such as number plates, HID, dark tint film etc. out of these three items HID penalty is the heaviest, fine or jail or both.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more avenues for them to make more "kopi" money...lol

true to that

they once told me my car plate ( Sg registered) is not compliant to malaysia's law.

I said but mine is perfectly legal in Sg. And I ask them to "saman" me there and then.

they did and I never paid up.

• 2 weeks later...

The situation has changed.  The fines are now all reduced.  Apparently a speeding fine is now Rm70 so their kopi money has also gone down, according to my Malaysian friends.  So, Singaporean drivers, be aware of the new "market rate" - dont goondu goondu offer Rm200!

However, I urge all drivers to NOT pay bribes.  If suay suay, he nabs you for korupsi!

Take the saman and drive off.  Anyway most of you change cars after a few years.

But strangely, Singapore authorities do not seem to take action against Malaysian cars and motorcycles.

I see many Malaysian cars with dark tinted windows.  And also Malaysian motorcycles with loud modified exhausts.  And more seriously, many of these motorcycles have 'up-turned' number plates which means from your car behind the motorcycles, you will not be able to read the registration numbers.  So if suay suay the guy squeeze between cars and dents your car, not only you cant chase him you also cant see his registration number.

Having said that, so what?  You can never be able to claim against Malaysian-registered vehicles. 

Which brings me to another sore point, after the SimLim kneeling saga.  How come Singapore authorities cannot deal with this problem?
Many Singaporean drivers have suffered losses after accidents with Malaysian vehicles. I think there was a letter to the forum today or yesterday on this matter.

'Sinkapoh' is quite impotent on these issues.  Charging a buyer $2000 for an iPhone which is normally worth $600 and yet there is no law broken? Hehehe. I just dont understand law.