• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Restarting my newbie status

vin85

Hello to all! I had one account earlier but dun remember the password so i gotta restart!

Very happy to be able to own and drive a c200ml and now an e200k. I have many ideas on my new ride and i hope i can contribute my ideas and learn from fellow sgmerc-ians here as well!

Cheers!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tough one!! Sticker is yr only fren. Respraying will cost u :).

what kind of stickers are you referring to? can share? I was only told to do touch up with paint at CnC.

Hmmm bullet, carton sticker lolz. Just kidding, whole car wrapping is the one i m referring to. Or respray only the damaged panels. U mean DIY or CnC will apply the touch up paint? I think is the former, if yes forgot it. Only professional painter can do it but the result is so so only. I might be wrong, do share with us the result ya.

Seems like the scratch/chip is quite deep. I think the only way is to go for respray.

Polishing with a groomer might help a bit, but it will still be visible. 

Getting touch up paint from C&C and DIY is a bad idea. I tried DIY before and it looks worse than if I had left it alone. At least the chips are the battle scars from NSH

I called CnC recently and they advise to respray as well. I might just do touch up then prolly respray nearing CNY. I'm just worried that the bare metal exposed will start to rust if I dun touch up and the surface may be damage if I go for wax and polish with the damaged area left alone. Will my concerns really happen?