• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Orange Triangle with "!" mark flashing intermittently on W211

Pam177L

Hi,

Need to seek advice on the flashing of the Triangle with "!" mark.

This Triangle is just next to the left turn signal on the speedo meter.

Its just flashes a few times then go away.

Does anyone has this encounter before and what fault its trying to notify me.

Appreciate an advice if you know. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I dont understand this distonic thingy. But this orange traingle flashes and went off and it happened these 2 days after I exit from heavy rain and entering into carpark. Read from the manual in page 340-350 mentioning something on sensor at the front grille area but could not figure out what its trying to explain.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I dont understand this distonic thingy. But this orange traingle flashes and went off and it happened these 2 days after I exit from heavy rain and entering into carpark. Read from the manual in page 340-350 mentioning something on sensor at the front grille area but could not figure out what its trying to explain.

When the road is wet and you accelerate, if the car lose traction meaning your car will either skid or wheel spin, this light will light up.  Its to tell you that ESP has kicked in to help you.

Hi Blackmercs, likely due to wheel spin on 1 of the wheel as well. When wheel spin, this triangular warning light will flash?

Yes, is a norm.

Hi,

Need to seek advice on the flashing of the Triangle with "!" mark.

This Triangle is just next to the left turn signal on the speedo meter.

Its just flashes a few times then go away.

Does anyone has this encounter before and what fault its trying to notify me.

Appreciate an advice if you know. Thanks.

Yes it is normal when your rear wheel lost traction. Assuming yours is a rear wheel drive car. If front wheel drive than its front wheel lost traction. The yellow triangle will come blinking when traction is compromise and will auto turn off when your wheels are back in traction.

Usually in wet road conditions in carpark. Or thick white lines on road. Drive with care. Go easy on your pedal. :D

When going up very steep slope also may cause the warning to come up.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 1 year later...

Yes, that's what happened to my previous 07W204 C180. Been experiencing a sudden symptom of car losing power and like dying off whenever I go up car park slope...and after a couple of week, the fuel pump is gone...

Bullterrier. Mine is also 09 w204 c180. U mean going up slope and car is like going to die off....

A symptom of fuel pump going fail??

• Like 1