• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

COMMUNITY EVENT- SGMERC Visit to NorthLight Special Education School Nov 8 (OLD)

Guest millionmilebenz

Guys... sorry to rub... but I think we should coin this as a social work event and not charity event...

I feel it is important to set the tone right. Charity has a different connotation to the event.

Sorry I am fussy that we get such sensitive thingy right.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Guys... sorry to rub... but this is a community event (as in community work) not charity event...

I feel it is important to set the tone right. Charity has a different connotation to the event.

You're absolutely right! Title of the event and topic has been amended and it's long overdue! :iconsalut:

ALAMAK - got the first post but don't know how to edit the title for the rest... Leon, PLEASE HELP!! :pray:

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guys... sorry to rub... but I think we should coin this as a social work event and not charity event...

Sorry I am fussy that we get such sensitive thingy right.

You're right on this Jenvid, this is not a charity event!

Guys... sorry to rub... but this is a community event (as in community work) not charity event...

??? ??? ??? ???

Aiya to me hor, nvm la.....helping ppl especially younger children no need count on what's diff la.....

Eat White Chicken Rice or Roast Chicken Rice have the same effect la.....Fill your stomarch.

Guest millionmilebenz

Reference:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/speeches/2006/sp20060308.htm

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20071023-31773.html

Date:- TOMORROW Sat 8th Nov @ NorthLight

PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.

Please also indicate GIFT besides your name if you wish to contribute towards the toy cars for the kids!

1. Keltanky - GIFT

2. Cklasse - GIFT

3. g8crasher - GIFT

4. MMB - GIFT

5. CBlack - GIFT

6. fruitcakepablohoney - GIFT

7. 9339 - GIFT

8. sy69u - GIFT

9. C35 - GIFT

10. dash - GIFT

11. Kompressor - GIFT

12. Jenvid - GIFT

13. Paddy

14. HLdrops! - GIFT

15. Xiaohong - GIFT

16. hwong - GIFT

17. aTtiTuDeR - GIFT

18. Fiercepink (aTtiTuDeR's friend; some of you here may know her) - GIFT

19. Ladyseal GIFT

20. First Automobile (Owner) GIFT

21. 7070

22. Winoa (aTtiTuDeR's friend)

23. Jerrick - GIFT

24. Narmi - GIFT

25. sleepyhead

NOT GOING BUT CONTRIBUTING:

26. wuyiche [not going] GIFT

27. Redbell [not going] GIFT <--- transferred $50 to SGMERC account already :thumbsup:

No limit the number of car, the more the merrier and you don't need to be a Merc owner at all.

Reference:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/speeches/2006/sp20060308.htm

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20071023-31773.html

add me in for the gift.

am nursing a very bad flu and running high fever. hope to break it tonight and see you guy tomorrow. otherwise, will arrangeto pass the money..

1. Keltanky - GIFT

2. Cklasse - GIFT

3. g8crasher - GIFT

4. MMB - GIFT

5. CBlack - GIFT

7. 9339 - GIFT

8. sy69u - GIFT

9. C35 - GIFT

10. dash - GIFT

11. Kompressor - GIFT

12. Jenvid - GIFT

13. Paddy -gift

14. HLdrops! - GIFT

15. Xiaohong - GIFT

16. hwong - GIFT

17. aTtiTuDeR - GIFT

19. Ladyseal GIFT

20. First Automobile (Owner) GIFT

21. 7070

23. Jerrick - GIFT

24. Narmi - GIFT

25. sleepyhead

26. wuyiche [not going] GIFT

27. Redbell [not going] GIFT <--- transferred $50 to SGMERC account already

No limit the number of car, the more the merrier and you don't need to be a Merc owner at all.

Guest kopimonster

1. Keltanky - GIFT

2. Cklasse - GIFT

3. g8crasher - GIFT

4. MMB - GIFT

5. CBlack - GIFT

7. 9339 - GIFT

8. sy69u - GIFT

9. C35 - GIFT

10. dash - GIFT

11. Kompressor - GIFT

12. Jenvid - GIFT

13. Paddy - GIFT

14. HLdrops! - GIFT

15. Xiaohong - GIFT

16. hwong - GIFT

17. aTtiTuDeR - GIFT

19. Ladyseal GIFT

20. First Automobile (Owner - Martin) - GIFT

21. 7070 - GIFT

23. Jerrick - GIFT

24. Narmi - GIFT

25. sleepyhead - GIFT

26. wuyiche [not going] - GIFT

27. Redbell [not going] - GIFT <--- transferred $50 to SGMERC account already

28. Kopimonster [not going] - GIFT ***can give me SGMERC account number/instructions to transfer $$$? apologies for the last min thingy, been v busy lately, juz saw this post nia THKS***

Guest millionmilebenz

THANK YOU!

Dear Members,

Good morning and hope all of you had a good rest after an exhausting weekend!

We in the SGMERC EXCO extend our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to all the members who have participated in this very meaningful event. You have sacrificed your precious sleep to wake up early on a Saturday morning (and we know how sleep-deprived all of us are) and given your time and money to make the event a resounding success!

Our definition of success is very simple - to touch the life of someone. I believe that all of you achieved that with your presence and your contributions on Saturday.

So, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who went that day, as well as to some like Dr. Wu (wuyiche) and Yolenda (redbell) who couldn't make the event but did make the effort to contribute a donation. You have made a difference.

Many of you played your roles perfectly that day, including David (Jenvid) who gave an authoritative and informative Show & Tell session on the cars. Anthony (C35), Desmond (Dash), Imran (narmi), Jason (Cblack), Simon (sy69u), and Winson (7070) - thanks for making it REAL for the kids by giving them a joyride in your car! Jeff (fruitcakepablohoney) - mucho gracias for your hard work and sweat in pasting all the SGMERC decals on the cars! Kelvin (keltanky) - thanks for keeping track of everyone and making sure no one is left behind. Sherlene (aTiTuDeR) - thanks for spreading the word in SGR and pulling in support from your galfriends there. Special Mention also to Claudine (xiaohong) for bringing special excitement to the kids, as always. ;)

A number of members deserve Special Thanks -

Randy (9339) - For your generosity in donating the NTUC vouchers and the watches! It was a non-trivial sum, and you can be sure the kids have benefited from your kindness. They can use the vouchers to buy their favourite snacks, or use it to help their family. But more importantly, your gesture has brought smiles to their faces. :) Also, thank you for sharing your touching story and advice to the kids. I believe everyone in the audience was touched by your sincerity.

Patrick (Kompressor) - For that POWER speech that you gave to the kids. I think it goes without saying that you have connected most directly with the kids that day. They were listening intently and because you have made that connection so well, they took your message home. You will be an example and an inspiration to them, and that's what we went there to accomplish that day. For those who weren't there - Patrick's speech was so touching and so relevant that the Principal has invited him back to speak to the whole school.

Leon (g8crasher) - For your selfless act of giving up your precious collection of toy cars and collectibles. Your donation cannot be measured in monetary terms because, as the VISA ad goes, it's priceless. We hope that the kids will treasure your gifts, and that the cars will be tokens to remind them of the message that we shared with them that day. Thanks also for taking the superb photos to let all of us remember the event.

Yap (CKlasse) - For all the time and energy that you've dedicated to make this event happen, always in your quiet and understated way. Yap took initiative to approach C&C and McDonald's for sponsorship, and even though those organizations weren't as generous as we'd hope, Yap's action still deserve praise. He also worked behind the scenes to arrange for the lunch, etc.

Finally, we also appreciated all of you who proudly donned your SGMERC Crew Shirt for the event. It bonded us as a team and projected our united dedication to the mission that we set out to accomplish that day.

THANK YOU ALL!

SGMERC EXCO

:iconsalut: jason :iconsalut: jeff :iconsalut: kelvin :iconsalut: leon :iconsalut: patrick :iconsalut: yap :iconsalut: yen

Guest millionmilebenz

you left yourself out of the list, bro!

u did a great job organising this event and also faciliating the whole event!

UPZ!!!!! :clap:

Thanks Dash! It was totally a pleasure doing it. :punk1:

Guest ladyseals80

thank you sgmerc for having me & organised such a great and meaningful event. I have learnt something new especially from the principle! lolz.......

also allowing me to have the chance to meet old friends and new faces!

cheers!

:rockon:

I am very glad I log in in time to get to know about this event.

Would like to thank the SGMerc EXCO for taking the initiative to organise such a meaningful event!

BIG THANK YOU!! :iconsalut:

Anyways, also found out that SGMerc have real creative people around! Remember the principal talked about STAR?? Some members here, or rather 1 member here had a very different meaning lor!! You know who you are!! ;D

OK, STOP OT**

Would like to thank the SGMerc EXCO for taking the initiative to organise such a meaningful event!

Anyways, also found out that SGMerc have real creative people around! Remember the principal talked about STAR?? Some members here, or rather 1 member here had a very different meaning lor!! You know who you are!! ;D

OK, STOP OT**

who ya, can share with us the meaning??? :thumbsup:

I didn't give any joy ride!

But I did the more torok stuff....I paste the stickers!!! ::) Lucky got Dash's help! ::)

Ya Ya while everyone busy talking....Jeff and Dash are also busy pasting the sticker for us.... :thumbsup: Upz you and dash.

Guest millionmilebenz

a BIG THANK YOU to the organizing team....... great job every1 who participated.

Thanks for your support Bro! :thumbsup:

looking forward to a charity event soon.........

Akan datang... will give everyone a break first ;)

C35 ]

Anyways, also found out that SGMerc have real creative people around! Remember the principal talked about STAR?? Some members here, or rather 1 member here had a very different meaning lor!! You know who you are!! wrote:

Huh?? I shy leh.... abit XXXXX-rated one leh.... As for who, make a guess. Or is it difficult cos it's a XXXX-rated joke??? hahahahaha... oops! :laugh:

aTtiTuDeR ]

Anyways, also found out that SGMerc have real creative people around! Remember the principal talked about STAR?? Some members here, or rather 1 member here had a very different meaning lor!! You know who you are!! wrote:

Huh?? I shy leh.... abit XXXXX-rated one leh.... As for who, make a guess. Or is it difficult cos it's a XXXX-rated joke??? hahahahaha... oops! :laugh:

Let me guess........Hmmmm Sorry Simon, i cant stop thinking is you their are saying .