• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Passive or Active

Guest Winningeleven

Guest Winningeleven

Oh ok, but since already there liao, might as well spent another few ks for the amp and hopefully can STOP ICE upgrade. ;D

My budget for amp and soundproof + installation must not exceed 4k.

Now i'm still running 2 way k2p, already pay for the BE mids liao, but got no time to install juz now, so will go back to get it done by next week.

Have to wait at least 1 week for the speaker to run-in,than tunning will take at least another half day.So i think must wait for at least another 2 more weeks b4 the system will be complete . :laugh:

Cheers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

IMH Lau Hum Ku O

might as well spent another few ks for the amp and hopefully can STOP ICE upgrade.

So easy to stop the poison meh!

U have been just been diagnosed to be heavily poisoned and all the doors are sealed.

U cannot leave now and continue your stay here......wakakakak! ;D ;D ;D

Now i'm still running 2 way k2p, already pay for the BE mids liao, but got no time to install juz now,

U mean U have not upgrade the TN52 tweets to Focal Utopia BE tweets?????

Walau eh! U will be missing a lot!!!!.....Poison! Poison! izzit?

Lots of the ICE DIYer are using the BE Utopia tweets and they really sound so sweet. Since You are already there, why leave the BE tweets behind!

In my Rp1 worth, you should 1st upgrade to BE tweets and run 2 way, then later upgrade the mids to run 3 way.

Tweeter_1_hot.jpgFrame_n7.jpg

Get more poison & read up on this! ;D

http://www.utopia-be.com/Products/Number7.htm

no time to install juz now, so will go back to get it done by next week.

Have to wait at least 1 week for the speaker to run-in,than tunning will take at least another half day.So i think must wait for at least another 2 more weeks b4 the system will be complete .

2 or 3 weeks is consider fast liao!

My previous projects takes anything from 6 to 9 months to complete. ;D ;D ;D

Guest Winningeleven

uncle, i know the tweeter is very very gd! Even juz by looking and holding it in your hand u know how gd it is.

But but ........... the tweeter itself already 1.8K liao, way above my budget lah.

1.8K i rather keep inside my pocket and live with the tn52 tweeter. Anyway i feel that the tn52 not bad liao, maybe i not so hardcore yet, later stage might upgrade but certainly not now.

FYI the BE tweeter is the most ex of the BE series.

midbass is 1.3k, mid is 800 and the tweeter is 1.8K if u will to buy it seperate!

The crossover is more than 2K. I'm not up to the BE standard yet, too ex!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

hehehehehe!!!!!........Focal top of the range tweeters always cost an arm or leg! :D

IMH Lau Humku O,

I will pay $500 more for the tweeter and run 2 ways then to pay S$1.3K for the mid and match it with the TN52 tweets for a 3 way system. :-X

Before the BE series, they have what we call small neh neh aka Focal Utopia TLR

I used to have 5 pieces of these tweeters, sold a pair to a guy in France and left with 3.

I used to run a pair of them in my old W124 & a pair in my Pleasure Island ride.

tlr.jpg

tlrb.jpg

Guest Winningeleven

How is ur Focal Utopia TLR compare to the BE tweeter?

I mean the SQ is it the same size as the BE?

BTW i only pay $800 for the mid,not 1.3k lah!

Guest kepiting1sg

BE Utopia vs TLR Utopia arh???

I have heard in at least 2 cars fitted with the BE Tweeters

No comments! ;D ;D ;D

BTW If you have harbor thoughts of buying my Focal TLR they are not for sale to you cos they are not in the best of condition visually. ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO,

The Focal Audiom TLR was priced out of the market that not many

ICE enthusiast "can afford" them.

There were quite pop with Japanese & Korean ICERs.

FOCAL UTOPIA - AUDIOM TLR - Tweeters

COMPETITION GRADE TWEETERS!!! US$1600 RETAIL PRICE!!!

• 5 mm thick precision machined solid aluminium face plate

with 2·part precision machined solid aluminium wave guides

• Inverted titanium dome, coated foam surround

• 20 mm diameter voice coil, aluminium former, Ferrofluid cooled

• Efficiency : 95 dB

• High force Neodynium ring magnet, Telar 57 pole and plates, phase plug

Utopia - AUDIOM, Focal's top line of car audio, using similar technologies to their Grande Utopia home theatre speakers they bring you the ultimate in in-car listening.

Absolute audiophile sound quality.

Definite competition grade tweeters.

Clean, Clear precise, efficient - they don't come much better than this.

The Audiom TLR tweeters are very similar to the tweeters used in the Focal/Jm-Lab UTOPIA range of home audio speakers and are 10 times better in quality and efficiency than the TN51 tweeter which comes with the UTOPIA car audio range of splits and 3-ways.

When paired with the Audiom 6W mid bass driver and focals utopia mid-range driver using either an active or passive cross over they are the ultimate car audio speaker.

Guest Winningeleven

Haha after ur intro on the Focal Audiom TLR, dun dare to ask if u selling!! Out of budget again haha....

Now still enjoying my K2P upgrade, waiting for the BE mids to be installed. Any gd place to recommend to do pods for my tweeter and mids?

I know new gen do it but quite ex IMHO

Any other place do pods not too ex one lah.....

Spent too much liao so now trying to save as much as possible ;D ;D

Btw for the time being, i will put the mids in the orginal place on top of my dash. I think its meant for mids one if i not wrong.

For w210,at least for year 2000 and up, u can put 2 6.5" midbass,2 3-4" mid and 2 tweeters , in the front.But dunno if they sound nice if i put it in the orginal place.

Guest kepiting1sg
I know new gen do it but quite ex IMHO

IMHLHKO(For future ref: In My Humble Lau Hum Ku Opinion ;D)

U pay what U get. :D

Furthermore going to an installer just to do pods, not many will actually have interest to do for you. (Put yourself in the place of an installer)

Beside NG, to name a few U can try Hong Guan, Chuan Sing, Kingsway, Dynasty.

i will put the mids in the orginal place on top of my dash. I think its meant for mids one if i not wrong.

It will be good to put your mids on the dash together near to the tweets.

Best place to put the 6.5" mid/woofer is to do a kickpanel. (it has the longest path length & least distance diff. L/R to your ears)

Kick Panel Instal on my previous W124 by NG

160357_18_full.jpg

Guest Winningeleven

Oh ya uncle , my ppi amp is the black art series! Is this amp gd enough if i bridge 2 channel to drive the focal k2p midbass. I'm thinking of using the alpine v12 amp to drive my BE mids and TN52 tweeters. What do u think or should i switch the other way, alpine drive midbass, ppi drive mid and tweeter.

Pls advise................

Btw yet to find the tweeter and mid pods, still searching for the best deal, haha.........

Thank Q ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Oh ya uncle , my ppi amp is the black art series! Is this amp gd enough if i bridge 2 channel to drive the focal k2p midbass. I'm thinking of using the alpine v12 amp to drive my BE mids and TN52 tweeters. What do u think or should i switch the other way, alpine drive midbass, ppi drive mid and tweeter.

Pls advise................

Btw yet to find the tweeter and mid pods, still searching for the best deal, haha.........

Thank Q ;D

Black art?? U into occult arh???.....scary leh! ;D

IMHLHO,

Use the ppi for your mids/tweets and whatever you have on the alpine go & wack your 6.5" ;D