• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need new suspension and spring

Cavallo

Newbie to suspension system. My W212 2010 needs new suspension & spring after 30,000 km. I like to consider the AMG spec. Any expert here can share what to change, please. Not looking at those adjustable coilovers as it would be too troublesome I reckon.

Thought it might be good to change my suspension, spring, brake rotors, pads and tyres all at one go. I don't drive much but it's been more than 3 years old for these components already.

Would like to change the shocks and spring to lower the ride a bit but don't know what specs to go for. Read that bilstein shocks are used for Merc and that Eibach springs are good. Useful to know which combination would be safe for the suspension system esp if it can cause camber etc.

i was told that bilstein is good. Only some models lowers the height of the car. This Pro b12 does. Maybe those whom has tried this can contribute.

blistein_zpsc2bd7c60.jpg

specs from the web

For drivers wanting handling, comfort and satisfaction, while seeking out more curves to conquer.

The Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit combines Bilstein’s monotube gas pressure suspension system with Eibach Pro-Kit application-specific progressive rate performance springs to provide increased comfort and performance. With Bilstein dampers for improved lateral stability and Eibach’s road-tested sport springs, the kit is fine-tuned to offer precise response and predictable control.

Key Features and Benefits of Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit:

• Professional Cornering System (PCS)
  • Lowers up to 40mm
  • Bilstein monotube gas pressure technology
  • Eibach Pro-Kit application-specific progressive rate performance springs\

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of replacing the suspension and spring on my PFL W204 as well. The current setup has been lowered by the previous owner and I've no idea what was done to it. However, I've been bottoming out too much to care about a lowered car so looking a good setup for comfort right now. Any recommendations? TIA.

I'm thinking of replacing the suspension and spring on my PFL W204 as well. The current setup has been lowered by the previous owner and I've no idea what was done to it. However, I've been bottoming out too much to care about a lowered car so looking a good setup for comfort right now. Any recommendations? TIA.

replace to stock suspensions.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stock suspensions, lower springs, aftermarket shocks and coilovers are very subjective to each individual's butt (and their family's opinions).

As a basic rule, there is nothing more comfortable than stock suspensions. Anything else, the best thing you can do is try to jio the bros with aftermarket setups for a ride in their cars and make your judgement call. :)

• Like 1

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.