• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

cleaning dashboard

I use magic clean for my dashboard. Cheap and good.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, kinda noob. How do you apply this? I tried once, its kinda have spots of shiny/oily at the spot where I first start and as it went out, dried up and left only certain part shiny and spotty at best. Does not sound like the way it should be, smoothly distributed and shines. I am using Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant - For vinyl, rubber and plastic. Any bro care to give tips how or what to use to apply it?

Since we are talking about that, similarly, how do you actually clean and moisturise the leather car seats? Do you use a cloth/micro fiber and rub it until its evenly distributed?

Thanks bros!

Mercedes Cabin Care.

Got it from MBC. So far, one of the best I've used. Price is quite reasonable. One whole bottle, one year also haven't use finish. I apply it once every 2 months or so. After using, your merc got that new car smell back :D

After applying, no gloss at all. Its matt finishing look and is not sticky.

Can use service credits to buy also.

Sorry, kinda noob. How do you apply this? I tried once, its kinda have spots of shiny/oily at the spot where I first start and as it went out, dried up and left only certain part shiny and spotty at best. Does not sound like the way it should be, smoothly distributed and shines. I am using Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant - For vinyl, rubber and plastic. Any bro care to give tips how or what to use to apply it?

Since we are talking about that, similarly, how do you actually clean and moisturise the leather car seats? Do you use a cloth/micro fiber and rub it until its evenly distributed?

Thanks bros!

I guess you could just use a microfibre cloth to spread it evenly before it dries? Normally I'd just apply directly to the leather seats and rub until its evenly distributed. I like Meguiar's cos can see the sheen almost immediately :) I think microfibre cloth is def better than normal terry towels cos its better at picking the solvent up and applying it to the surface. Terries tend to pick up debris and may cause micro scratches... 

I guess you could just use a microfibre cloth to spread it evenly before it dries? Normally I'd just apply directly to the leather seats and rub until its evenly distributed. I like Meguiar's cos can see the sheen almost immediately :) I think microfibre cloth is def better than normal terry towels cos its better at picking the solvent up and applying it to the surface. Terries tend to pick up debris and may cause micro scratches... 

Thanks for that advice. Will definitely use micro fiber cloth for that.

Mercedes Cabin Care.

Got it from MBC. So far, one of the best I've used. Price is quite reasonable. One whole bottle, one year also haven't use finish. I apply it once every 2 months or so. After using, your merc got that new car smell back :D

After applying, no gloss at all. Its matt finishing look and is not sticky.

Can use service credits to buy also.

How much did you get it? I probably going to get that. Miss that new smell. :) 

How much did you get it? I probably going to get that. Miss that new smell. :)

I can't recall the exact figures. But its less than $50 for sure. Think its around $20 plus. Got it about a year ago. MBC might not have it in stock. But you can place your order directly with them first. That was what I had done previously. Should arrive in SG in 2 to 3 weeks.

Its one of the best cabin care product for Mercedes that I've used. Easy to apply. Same goes for BMW. They have their own range of cabin care products that gives off a particular smell for their cars.

Went there last Fri, they said no such cleaner (Mercedes Cabin Care) available or even to place order. Told me to use the leather cleaner instead. Can meh?

Check out: http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/canada/mpc/mpc_canada_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/owners/genuine_partsandaccessories/genuine_car_care_products/interior_products.html

Part Number is A 000 986 47 74 12

Order from MBS showroom at Leng kee side. Look for Jonna (the counter gal in-charge of merc accessories). Best is to call them before going down.

Yes, Merc leather cleaner also should be able to use. But for hard plastic pieces, I still prefer the cabin care.