• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

"Automation" for bluetooth on/off when getting in/out of car

Kenneth

Yo pple

Don't know where to post so just put this here. 

Not sure if anyone is using bluetooth to connect to the Command? I normally off my bluetooth until I am in the car, but think it's quite troublesome to keep turning it on and off. So since I am currently using an Android phone, was thinking of getting a NFC sticker to automate this task, so when I go into the car, just tap the phone on the sticker and the bluetooth will turn on and sync. When coming off car, tap on another sticker and the bluetooth will off.

Not sure if anyone interested? I did a bit of research, it seems pretty straightforward, but just means the phone must have NFC reader (meaning no IPhone...). If there is interest, just PM me? I am going to order the NFC stickers online and just try it out, so can help order for anyone else who is interested too. Who knows, there could be other things to automate too once I figure things out, or if anyone have ideas, I can try them out too. 

Thanks~~

Hmm ok

Maybe it's just a habit of mine, I don't like to leave wifi and bluetooth on unless I am using them. Also trying thinking of doing things like once tap on the nfc sticker, the phone settings also change, since I kanna a lot of times from CO cos leave phone in silent mode during meeting, then forgot to switch back when leaving office. Sometimes I don't know if she believe or not or think I am deliberately not replying her msg  :lol:

Think I go try myself first, also going to try to see if a friend can help me print the 3 pointed star on the tag :D

Kenneth, 

Was given free NFC stickers when I bought my phone. 

I have configured it and felt a useless feature (cumbersome process) 

1) NFC needs to be turn on  (turn bluetooth on better solution?) 

2) Phone must be in unlock mode for it to read the TAG. (after all the effort might as well turn on Bluetooth)

3) Once you get out you need to find another NFC tag to turn it off. (again need to find another location to stick it) 

In conclusion : better off to have bluetooth turn on all the time.

You may try it ... let me know

it would be useful if NFC is integrated into the car. i.e.

Tab -> Start the car, adjust all the electronics i.e. SEAT, STEERING wheel, massage chair, warmer, fridge etc.traffic guidance to your desired location.  (if OC tab speed limiter, Rev limiter kicks in as she drives like it like an EVO) 

Tab Tab -> shut down car, remember parked location (no need search high and low, loose weight opportunity ruin)

Yo pple

Don't know where to post so just put this here. 

Not sure if anyone is using bluetooth to connect to the Command? I normally off my bluetooth until I am in the car, but think it's quite troublesome to keep turning it on and off. So since I am currently using an Android phone, was thinking of getting a NFC sticker to automate this task, so when I go into the car, just tap the phone on the sticker and the bluetooth will turn on and sync. When coming off car, tap on another sticker and the bluetooth will off.

Not sure if anyone interested? I did a bit of research, it seems pretty straightforward, but just means the phone must have NFC reader (meaning no IPhone...). If there is interest, just PM me? I am going to order the NFC stickers online and just try it out, so can help order for anyone else who is interested too. Who knows, there could be other things to automate too once I figure things out, or if anyone have ideas, I can try them out too. 

Thanks~~

• Like 1

Kenneth, 

Was given free NFC stickers when I bought my phone. 

I have configured it and felt a useless feature (cumbersome process) 

1) NFC needs to be turn on  (turn bluetooth on better solution?) 

2) Phone must be in unlock mode for it to read the TAG. (after all the effort might as well turn on Bluetooth)

3) Once you get out you need to find another NFC tag to turn it off. (again need to find another location to stick it) 

In conclusion : better off to have bluetooth turn on all the time.

You may try it ... let me know

it would be useful if NFC is integrated into the car. i.e.

Tab -> Start the car, adjust all the electronics i.e. SEAT, STEERING wheel, massage chair, warmer, fridge etc.traffic guidance to your desired location.  (if OC tab speed limiter, Rev limiter kicks in as she drives like it like an EVO) 

Tab Tab -> shut down car, remember parked location (no need search high and low, loose weight opportunity ruin)

If I can automate all these I also will like to. Haha. Was thinking about using GPS (i.e. tap and log down your location when you park), but think will have a lot of issues too, like basement carpark, the resolution etc. 

Playing ard with NFC now, cos wanted to do some home automation like putting a tag at the door, so once tag it will help me on lights etc. Still trying to see what else I can do with it. 

A good system will be good the moment spouse or gf phone detected the bluetooth system will auto shut off. This system confirm will sell, my business entertain alot of clients at ktv. At times the mummy do call, imagine whole family inside the car including parents-in-law. Mummy asking "tonite wu eng bor, so long didnt see u", "cho simi bor eng arh!!!"

All these efforts seem to be to prevent being caught for "running lion"...

• Like 2

A good system will be good the moment spouse or gf phone detected the bluetooth system will auto shut off. This system confirm will sell, my business entertain alot of clients at ktv. At times the mummy do call, imagine whole family inside the car including parents-in-law. Mummy asking "tonite wu eng bor, so long didnt see u", "cho simi bor eng arh!!!"

All these efforts seem to be to prevent being caught for "running lion"...

Wah don't say until I like going to run lion leh... I purely from techie point of view. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are some apps that can do what you require without all the additional equipment.

I had a friend show me on his Samsung phone, how when the phone act detect his home wifi netowkr, it will perform certain tasks, such as turn on Wifi, Log on network, turn off bluetooth, turn up volume etc.

There are tons of methods to do this and basic ones can be read up online, eg.e IFTTT (If This, Then That).