• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbies, Intros...

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevenwongkf

Hi Everyone, going to collect my ride from CnC in a week's time. Can puck your experience on what to look out for when collecting, so can prepare a simple check list and not miss out things and regret later?

stevenwongkf wrote:

Hi Everyone, going to collect my ride from CnC in a week's time. Can puck your experience on what to look out for when collecting, so can prepare a simple check list and not miss out things and regret later?

Welcome to sgmerc...

It will be helpful if u can join us on this coming GTG as there will be lot of senior to answer your question (not just about collection. U may ask lots of question about merc)

This is the link:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20485

Guest blackmercs

stevenwongkf wrote:

Welcome!! Checks for ding, scratches, paint job etc!!!

stevenwongkf wrote:

Thanks for the invitation. Sorry can't make it this week due to F1.

No worry bro, u r welcom to join us our next la Kopi 9 and below is the thread

La Kopi 9

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20529

Also our Mega event of the year 2011 AMG !!!

Interest check for AMG

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20418

Join us if u can ok?

:becky::whistle:

Guest desmondtoo

BlackCGI wrote:

G'day!

New to SGMERC, I'm working in Oz and have a 2010 C200CGI. Occasionally travel back to see if there are interesting mod bits to add to my ride. Suggestions welcomed. Cheers.

Hi BlackCGI...Welome in:welcome:

Enjoy your stay here...I'm pretty sure you'll find quite some details on available mods in the C Class threads.

Feel free to drop a note there...and the friendly 'advisors' will be there...:bounce:

Guest blackmercs

BlackCGI wrote:

G'day!

New to SGMERC, I'm working in Oz and have a 2010 C200CGI. Occasionally travel back to see if there are interesting mod bits to add to my ride. Suggestions welcomed. Cheers.

Welcome mate!! How's the kangroo & kola bear?? What kinda of mods u looking for?

BlackCGI wrote:

G'day!

Welcom Bro, I am driving also a C200 CGI black...

Join us for our GTG and u will learn more

Also our Mega AMG meet will be soon coming

This is the link for the Mega AMG

Join Us if u can...

Guest BlackCGI

Cheers to the warm welcome.

Blackmercs---> I'm too urbanised...the Koalas or Kangaroos that I see are on Youtube...hehehe.

YapST---> Thanks for the invite....Will definitely join in the activities and will also get in touch re piggyback next time I'm back in SG.

Gonna first troll through the forum / treads to get a heads up.

A good friend of mine and fellow petrolhead reckons the 200CGI can be tweaked w/o any piggyback by adding spacers on the wastegate actuator to up the boost slightly. The stock ecu should be able to handle the increase w/o kicking in the boost cut. Obviously have to be properly done with a boost guage to make sure it's not boosting excessively or anything close to my WRX's 1.2bar. Thoughts?

My mod wishlist ===> BBK, 20" BBS and some CF add-ons.

Thxs.

Guest fatrat2

Hi Guys,

First time owning a Merc... so thought this would be a good place to start in case I get stuck with problems/issues and what not... in time to come, hopefully can contribute too...

Regards!

fatrat2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

First time owning a Merc... so thought this would be a good place to start in case I get stuck with problems/issues and what not... in time to come, hopefully can contribute too...

Regards!

Welcome and we hope you will enjoy your stay . We have a few events coming up . Earliest will be tonight . Durian meet . Next Friday nite we will be having la kopi chapter 9 . Last Sunday of every month there will be gtg at kallang carpark F . We are also having our mega meet up on 26th Nov . On that day we will be having fabulous lucky draw prizes and more . All these are at events thread . Do join us if you are free . Cheers !

Guest desmondtoo

fatrat2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Regards!

Welcome in fatrat2...:welcome: What's your ride? I'm confident that you'll enjoy your stay here. Do join us at our Monthly gatherings...Check out the Events thread.:bounce:

Guest The Sun

Hi all

New to MB -- just got a E200K(2004 registered)--another 30 months to go before deadline day-- car was immaculate so decided to take the plunge....

Since warranty is long over, I heard that CnC is v ex for servicing-- what say you guys on Starblack??? Further as I work in Jurong, probably ezier for me...FYI, am quite fussy about my cars in that they should be in good working condition and pristine in appearance...no mods unnneccesarily done in my previous rides and I like to keep it that way...

Appreciate your feedback...

Thanks,

The Sun

Guest blackknight

The Sun wrote:

Hi all

New to MB -- just got a E200K(2004 registered)--another 30 months to go before deadline day-- car was immaculate so decided to take the plunge....

Since warranty is long over, I heard that CnC is v ex for servicing-- what say you guys on Starblack??? Further as I work in Jurong, probably ezier for me...FYI, am quite fussy about my cars in that they should be in good working condition and pristine in appearance...no mods unnneccesarily done in my previous rides and I like to keep it that way...

Thanks,

The Sun

welcome THE SUN, are you related to the SAND and the SEA? :becky::becky: U can visit starblack ( our site sponsor) or contact DARKAV for your servicing needs,,

Do join us for our events - look under the events threads ( lakopi 9, AMG ETC)

Guest Yap ST

fatrat2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Regards!

Welcome bro,

As said by some of our bro, join us for the following event:

Interest check for AMG

La Kopi 9

Guest Yap ST

The Sun wrote:

Hi all

hanks,

The Sun

Hi Sun, welcome....

Starblack have a department who service Mercenary and BMW...

They should fit the job.

Btw join us on the following event:

Interest check for AMG

La Kopi 9

hello bros...newbie too...just got my ride FL C180 2 weeks back...

first time owning a merc, switched over from bmw E46 318i after it gave me too much maintenance problem...

Quick question, possible to drive C180 thru 10 year? =)

See ya guys around...

Guest kepiting1sg

Icez wrote:

hello bros...newbie too...just got my ride FL C180 2 weeks back...

first time owning a merc, switched over from bmw E46 318i after it gave me too much maintenance problem...

Quick question, possible to drive C180 thru 10 year? =)

See ya guys around...

It's still quite common to see MBs more than 10 years on the road compared to other conti cars.

My bro driving my previous W203 C180ML still going strong >8 yrs+

Saw the ride this evening and wandering what a waste it will be if it's going to be "scrap" upon reaching 10 yrs due to the prevailing PQP $$$:Cry: