• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

aftermarket header and cat for m271 kompressor

Lawman

Shall I just tell you the truth and say be satisfied with your current setup because it's not worth exploring this route. The actual (perceived) gains may not be worth the engine check light popping up frequently.

Generally, there is nothing much you can do with the M271 which is supplied in a few variants with different piston sizes ultimately resulting in differing compression rates which is definitely something you have to take into consideration when employing the use of an uprated supercharger such as the C230 Eaton M45 which some members have upgraded in the past. C180 comp.ratio = 10.2:1, C200 CR = 9.5:1, C230 CR = 8.7:1 

The supercharger for the C180/C200 - Part No. A271 090 2080       

C230 - Part No. A271 090 2181

Haven't even yet taken the ECU reflash into consideration!!

• Like 1

Hi Thanks for advice. So CEL is a confirmed with header replacement? I only hear say so far..

Most modern cars nowadays come with 2 catalytic converters. 1 is usually designed to be part of the exhaust manifold and the 2nd cat is usually placed after the 4 pipes (assuming 4 cyl engine) converge into a single pipe.

CEL may or may not appear but in this case with the Kleemann headers it will most likely appear.

Bottomline - to avoid CEL, one needs to tamper with the factory ECU.

Regular Mercedes-Benz's don't take well to modifications. They're not designed that way.

• Like 2

Bro g8crasher, can you clarify your statement. (Sorry newbie to Mercedes engine).  

You mean for the Kompressor or the Turbo version or both?

What if it's downpipe for the turbo version, still no go??

Cheers

Bro Yappeyap, both models as per what another bro has also mentioned in your discussion thread about the turbo downpipe >> http://m.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=368922&styleid=18

Don't expect to see too much of a result with just the downpipe replacement. You need to look at this project in its entirety - maybe work out how much you want to spend and where that money will take you in terms of what you'd like to achieve.

Wishing you every success in achieving personal satisfaction with your project. :)

Bro Yappeyap, both models as per what another bro has also mentioned in your discussion thread about the turbo downpipe >> http://m.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=368922&styleid=18

Don't expect to see too much of a result with just the downpipe replacement. You need to look at this project in its entirety - maybe work out how much you want to spend and where that money will take you in terms of what you'd like to achieve.

Wishing you every success in achieving personal satisfaction with your project. :)

Hi Bro....i am actually on header and k-box pulley kit with exhaust......am driving the C200 w204 09 model now.... so with the change of C230 Eaton M45 can i feel a good gain?

Where can i get hold of one of this babies? Via Ebay? Can intro the workshop that know what they are doing for the supercharger conversion?

Hi Bro....i am actually on header and k-box pulley kit with exhaust......am driving the C200 w204 09 model now.... so with the change of C230 Eaton M45 can i feel a good gain?

Where can i get hold of one of this babies? Via Ebay? Can intro the workshop that know what they are doing for the supercharger conversion?

Some members kepiting1sg, ACSLK have had this combination done on their W203s/R171s. Should be able to dig thru some old posts with the search function.

Sorry bro not sure about W204 although theoretically, it should be possible. You will need to take into consideration your existing engine spec ie, compression ratio before cranking up the boost pressure as well as looking at your fuel delivery system ie, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, injectors. Not as simple as a bolt on upgrade. Don't forget, more power = more fuel expended = more heat produced = more components break down faster. 

You may wish to speak with Dennis@Autospritze.

Anyway, in my previous subaru , mechanic used resistors to fool the ecu for the removal of cat and no cel. Not sure can use the same for Merc. Anyway search google for magnum tuning cel remover for your cel. It may solve the cel issue

Some members kepiting1sg, ACSLK have had this combination done on their W203s/R171s. Should be able to dig thru some old posts with the search function.

Sorry bro not sure about W204 although theoretically, it should be possible. You will need to take into consideration your existing engine spec ie, compression ratio before cranking up the boost pressure as well as looking at your fuel delivery system ie, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, injectors. Not as simple as a bolt on upgrade. Don't forget, more power = more fuel expended = more heat produced = more components break down faster. 

You may wish to speak with Dennis@Autospritze.

I concur with ACSLK - buy a faster ride :)

Time & $$$ wasted with "puny gain at the wheels" not crank

C230 SC arh......over boost till the exos cannot get the air out.

This was even after doing illegal de-cat with Lorinser muffler

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)