• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone driving B class 2013 model??

LoneLyBy2

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have just joint the forum, so pardon for late reply. I collected my ride on Apr 13, till now I have been going to the service centre 9 times already! No doubt the ride is comfortable and room space is big, but the quality of the Service Advisors (SA) in the service centres are worst of all I ever come across with, especially those in Pandan Loop, even their senoir manager got attitude problems, customer satisfaction are not in their dictionary!

I encountered problems like windscreen wiper juddering, knocking noise on the seat belt mechanism, noise coming from the passenger side head rest, and today again, engine check sign appeared! I need to apply leave and spent money on taxi, rushing up and down from work place to collect my car, worst is that the service centre never get the repair job done nicely, it always a follow-up visit again cos their mechanic forgotten to reconnect some circuit joints after the repair job done. I did the replacement for the seat belt meachnism, the mechanice forgotten to reconnect the ambient light circuit, did the troubleshooting for the passenger side head rest, the mechanic forgotten to reconnect the rear and side mirror dimmer circuit, revisit the Pandan Loop service centre again to retify the noise from the head rest, was assurred by the SA that everything was checked and should not have any more problem, and today I got this engine check sign appeared !

My experience with the SA is that any fault with your ride, be it how minor is the fault, the repair job will take ONE whole day to do it. I did complaint to the Customer Service Hotline and at the Pandan Loop service counter and told them that I will write in to ST Forum to feedback about the attitude and poor service provided, and only that is the time the done the repair job within 2 hours.

Today is the number 9 times going to the service center to retify the engine check problem, and yet again told that they need ONE whole day to troubleshoot and replace any faulty part, and can only go back to them on Monday (this will be the number 10 times) to get the job done! My god, what type and qualification of SA and mechanics that Merc is having! If the outside workshop work like them, all already closed shop early early..

I really regretted buying this so called luxury brand car, I promised myself that my next ride will not be Mercedes again.

Damn this is really sad. Who is the SA attend to yr problem at pandan loop? Care to share?

Hi,

can't remember his name as was too annoyed by his attitude! Only can remember he is one of the senior manager and got some problem with his left leg and not able to walk properly. I booked my appointment at 0830 hrs thru the service booking hotline and told them about arrangment make by the Pandan Loop service center to rectify the noise problem coming from the passenger side head rest. I sent in my ride about 0840 hrs and waited at the service center till close noon and seeing that my car been 'camping' at the waiting bay and none of the mechanic attending to it.

I approached the senior manager to ask him why was my car been check-in almost half a day and no one attend to it, he showed me the look like I owned him money and ask me when I do the service booking, how come I did not call him personally? What the hell, I told him that I already informed the service hotline about the rectification job to be done and was told that they will relay the message to the SA, now I been questioned by the Senior Manager that I have not done my duty of informing him personally!

Ya, maybe is the attire I wear, simple jeans and T-shirt, so next time I must wear shirt and tie, then maybe the Senior Manager or SA will be more likely to entertaint me in a better way.

Any report or document given to u? The SA name shld be in the paper.

Sis's car. Stalled once, engine check light came up twice so sent back to c&c. First time 2 days, second and third time one week each.

B-class is also known as "breakdown"-class as what my sis said.

Her ride is 6 months old. Collected early May 2013.

Nevertheless, she still loves the car! :).

post-3760-0-18861200-1384470020_thumb.jpg

post-3760-0-12894700-1384470043_thumb.jpg

post-3760-0-72929700-1384470059_thumb.jpg

Sometimes luck plays in. Theres hundred or even thousands of mechanical & electrical stuffs under your hood all playing their respective roles to make the whole car work. Just need one component to make whole thing go haywire.

One or two cars in a batch of 1000 is usual. Can't expect perfection anyway. Unless it's a design flaw then that's a different story.

For this case, engine fault was apparently the fault of an oxygen sensor gone faulty.

A merc is still a merc, gone through many testings and rigorous r&d. Shouldn't be that bad.. IMHO, it's a good car and one brand that I would come back again and again. Enjoy your new ride. 3-years warranty should hopefully cover all the defects if a lemon is what u were given.

Sometimes luck plays in. Theres hundred or even thousands of mechanical & electrical stuffs under your hood all playing their respective roles to make the whole car work. Just need one component to make whole thing go haywire.

One or two cars in a batch of 1000 is usual. Can't expect perfection anyway. Unless it's a design flaw then that's a different story.

For this case, engine fault was apparently the fault of an oxygen sensor gone faulty.

A merc is still a merc, gone through many testings and rigorous r&d. Shouldn't be that bad.. IMHO, it's a good car and one brand that I would come back again and again. Enjoy your new ride. 3-years warranty should hopefully cover all the defects if a lemon is what u were given.

after 3 year can change car already.. hahaXD

• 1 month later...

My ride is only 4 mths and happen to me, all light up and engine stall.  Need to restart and back to normal.

Sorry to hear about this. Did the "all light up and engine stall" happen when the car was idling or when driving on the road. And what's your mileage like?

Also, do you pump RON 95 or 98? I am still wondering if there is any connection, as the new CLA200 owners, which has the same engine as the B200, were made to sign the "Use RON98" only form.

My mileage was 5k and engine stalled during driving. The fuel tank was less than 1/4 tank not sure whether is fuel pump issue.

The refuel signal was lighted up when the tank is about 1/8, is that normal? My previous ride only lighted up when it reaching empty..

My mileage was 5k and engine stalled during driving. The fuel tank was less than 1/4 tank not sure whether is fuel pump issue.

The refuel signal was lighted up when the tank is about 1/8, is that normal? My previous ride only lighted up when it reaching empty..

Having the car engine stall when moving is definitely a safety issue, as you have to turn the engine off while moving and re-start. Better to mention it to the SA during the first servicing

My car rarely goes down to less than 1/4 tank, and I have never seen the refuel sign light up yet on this car.

So are u on 95 or 98? I am on 98 and sometimes 97 when I am up north.

I'm on 98 and so happens just came back from north, and it Shell 97.

Send my car this morning to UBI SC, they reset the ECU and mentioned the wire loose. And next week will be going north and hope it won't happen. :(

Great you got this troubleshooting done and fixed the issue. Enjoy the drive next week up north, esp putting it on S mode :)

Thanks. Updated the ECU, so far looks ok.  Any fuel consumption different between S and E mode when driving NS highway 

There is an increase in fuel consumption in S mode, as the rpm is higher, shifts later but the response is very good. I did not check exactly, but my guesstimation is 20-30% higher. But with petrol cheaper up north, it's time to enjoy the drive :D

If you are interested, I can post all the known speed traps along NS highway as well

• 2 weeks later...

Mine so far ok leh...(touch wood) but I noticed many use Ron 98. I am using Ron 95 and this is because in SG our traffic is jam most of the time instead of driving. So Ron 98 will be a bit of a waste for me. I also notice fuel pump is an issue for the B's. As such usually I will warm up my car about 2 mins or so before drive.

hahaha what are you waiting for?!?!  :D

Haha Waiting for someone to ask ... :D

Here goes the list:

1. SPEEDTRAP LOCATION

PLUS Direction North:

1- Km 197.1, Km 198.8 & Km 204.3 after exit Kemunting

. 2- Km 208 & Km 214.8 before exit Kemunting

3- Km 271 Ipoh berdekataan exit South

4- Km 274.4 near Ipoh exit North

5- Km 286.9 near Simpang Pulai exit

6- Km 296 near Gopeng exit

7- Km 352.6 after Sungkai exit

8- Km 373 near exit Slim River

9- Km 241.9 near Kuala Kangsar exit

10- Km 308.6 after Gopeng exit

11- Km 252 times fall hill after Menora tunnel

12- Km indefinite but betul2 in RSA Gurun

13- 2 after km Juru toll

14- 5 cameras above bridge island propose (so slow only la at there)

PLUS Direction South:

1- Km 289 before Nilai exit South

2- Ada 3 cameras between Km 255 - Km 249 (Seremban Persimpangan - Senawang)

3- Km 253 after Senawang exit

4- Km 213.9 after Alor Gajah exit

5- Betul2 in Jasin exit

6- Km indefinite but after Tangkak lay-by

7- Km do not know out Std Larkin near stall sell hot banana fritters

8- Km also indefinite but first bridge after Yong Peng exit northern

9- Km 97.3 after exit Air Hitam

10- Betul2 in exit Sedenak

11- After Gelang Patah exit, before toll & rest stop

PLUS Is Middle:

1- Km 456 after Sungai Buluh exit

2- Betul2 in exit Bukit Lanjan

3- Betul2 under Restoran Jejantas Sg Buloh

4- Km 302.8 near Kajang exit

5- Km 296.5 & Km 297 near Bangi exit

NKVE

1- 300 metres before Jalan Duta (60 km / j) toll

2- Selepas feeder to Jalan Duta (80km / j) toll

3- Betul2 in Damansara exit

4- Km 11.2 near train rail

5- Betul2 in Shah Alam exit

KESAS

1- Km 44.8 near exit LDP

2- In Front Heed Parade

3- Betul2 in exit Hicom

ELITE (From direction KLIA)

1- Km 4.8 after exit Batu 32- Km

2 - Km 4 on bridge near Makro

3- Betul2 at below USJ4- Km flyover restaurant 10 before exit USJ

JALAN PERSEKUTUAN

1- Next To Mint Hotel

2- Berdekatan Esso at exit Salak South

3- face Istana Negara

4- face National Museum

5- Kawasan comes down hill after Raub town (Menghala Kuala Lipis)

6- 2 km before Maran town

7- Area Bungor Swamp

8- Selepas exit to Bentong (Menghala to LPT)

9- Road Marimba - Kuantan (Fall hill after Pahang Matrikulasi)

10- face Malaysia Malacca Mini

11- face Melaka Zoo (70 km / j)

12- Bawah bridge from Banting to KLIA (80 km / j)

13- face College Filling, Value

14- Persimpangan Sg Manggis faces to Klang

15- In Front Klang Tesco

16- Jambatan near house Selangor MB at Pasir Panjang (70km / j)

17- 2 km after Perak Selangor border in Sabak Bernam Jalan (near oil palm factory)

18- Laluan tiered between USM to Bayan Lepas

19- Jelutong expressway near Penang Tesco

20- MRR2

Just came back from KL, the drive was smooth but feel a bit body roll.  Have you heard of the Software Update, saw it in this forum

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w246-b-class/1700295-software-update.html

You were lucky you came back on 1 Jan. There was quite a bit of jam on 31 Dec on 2nd link.

Interesting forum regarding the software update. This is in US where only the B250 is available (Hence the 208HP reference). Also, these messages were in March 2013, so may not be applicable for later batches, which may already be shipped with updated software

The Sports version with 15mm lower suspension would eliminate most of the body roll, at the expense of comfort. Not a perfect solution either

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back from KL, the drive was smooth but feel a bit body roll.  Have you heard of the Software Update, saw it in this forum

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w246-b-class/1700295-software-update.html

I also feel that, when I speeding 140-145 there midnight at ECP the suspension too soft, when I change to sport mode still the same. But it can ram up to 5000 rpm.. when a SLK tail gate me, then I flat out the acceleration it can smoke out the SLK haha... But don't try this!! very dangerous!!

I also feel that, when I speeding 140-145 there midnight at ECP the suspension too soft, when I change to sport mode still the same. But it can ram up to 5000 rpm.. when a SLK tail gate me, then I flat out the acceleration it can smoke out the SLK haha... But don't try this!! very dangerous!!

SLK is a shit car. My Cheryl QQ can also smoke that piece of junk.