• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 1.6L EuroSports Tuned (With dyno chart)

kaii

Just wanted to share my tuning experience and feedback regarding my piggyback tune with Euro Sports Tuning (Calvin - site sponsor).

The figures

Stock (on paper at crank):

• 156 hp
  • 250 nm

Euro Sports Tuned (at wheels - See attached file for dyno chart):

• Max power = 154 hp
  • Max torque = 257.4 nm

Note:

• Consulted with Calvin, he said to use a 20% transmission loss when converting the figures at wheels, to figures at crank.
  • Dyno figures cannot be configured/tweaked in-house, it has been locked by the manufacturer.

Euro Sports Tuned (at crank with 20% transmission loss):

• Max power = 192.5 hp (36.5 hp gain)
  • Max torque = 321.8 nm (78 nm gain)

Feedback on drive after tuning

• Significant pull felt at the 2k - 4k rpm band. (owed to the increased torque figures)
  • Smarter/smoother gear changes. 
  • Felt that air intake sound and engine sound increased after tune
  • Shaved 1 sec from 0-100

Experience at Euro Sport Tuning

• Value = 5/5
  • Service = 4.5/5 (sometimes long wait times due to high number of customers)
  • Overall = 5/5
  • Calvin and his team were very friendly and patient in answering my questions regarding the tuning.
  • No hard selling
  • Will not sacrifice tuning figures at the expense of the engine/manifold structural integrity 
  • Process took under an hour (depending on queue, if any)

Overall

I highly recommend the piggyback system. Having done a couple of mods already, this was by far the most value for money and satisfying mod. Been driving the car for about a week with the tune, it feels lively and somewhat a different character from before (more agressive). This might justify the need for a BBK... hehehe  :D

C180 CGI (1.6 L) Dyno.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my tuning experience and feedback regarding my piggyback tune with Euro Sports Tuning (Calvin - site sponsor).

The figures

Stock (on paper at crank):

• 156 hp
  • 250 nm

Euro Sports Tuned (at wheels - See attached file for dyno chart):

• Max power = 154 hp
  • Max torque = 257.4 nm

Note:

• Consulted with Calvin, he said to use a 20% transmission loss when converting the figures at wheels, to figures at crank.
  • Dyno figures cannot be configured/tweaked in-house, it has been locked by the manufacturer.

Euro Sports Tuned (at crank with 20% transmission loss):

• Max power = 192.5 hp (36.5 hp gain)
  • Max torque = 321.8 nm (78 nm gain)

Feedback on drive after tuning

• Significant pull felt at the 2k - 4k rpm band. (owed to the increased torque figures)
  • Smarter/smoother gear changes. 
  • Felt that air intake sound and engine sound increased after tune
  • Shaved 1 sec from 0-100

Experience at Euro Sport Tuning

• Value = 5/5
  • Service = 4.5/5 (sometimes long wait times due to high number of customers)
  • Overall = 5/5
  • Calvin and his team were very friendly and patient in answering my questions regarding the tuning.
  • No hard selling
  • Will not sacrifice tuning figures at the expense of the engine/manifold structural integrity 
  • Process took under an hour (depending on queue, if any)

Overall

I highly recommend the piggyback system. Having done a couple of mods already, this was by far the most value for money and satisfying mod. Been driving the car for about a week with the tune, it feels lively and somewhat a different character from before (more agressive). This might justify the need for a BBK... hehehe  :D

Just curious, which dyno did you use?

78 nm increase in torque is impressive if the car is stock. I am sure u did some mods? Exhaust?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

Mods done so far:

1) KW V3 coilovers

2) operated mufflers

3) power pedal from benzline on highest setting 'most responsive' (note this was added on after the tune). Made throttle response very quick, reduced the throttle lag when sudden need for speed arises. But this does not increase Bhp nor torque figures.

Mods in the pipeline

1) sport air filter (currently none in market, I was told.)

2) amg 6/4 bbk or alcons (lol currently using engine break to stop effectively cause stock brakes are spongy and don't bite.

• Like 1

Mods done so far:

1) KW V3 coilovers

2) operated mufflers

3) power pedal from benzline on highest setting 'most responsive' (note this was added on after the tune). Made throttle response very quick, reduced the throttle lag when sudden need for speed arises. But this does not increase Bhp nor torque figures.

Mods in the pipeline

1) sport air filter (currently none in market, I was told.)

2) amg 6/4 bbk or alcons (lol currently using engine break to stop effectively cause stock brakes are spongy and don't bite.

Operated XOS = No cat?

Whats the damage for the power pedal?

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

• 1 month later...