• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLA 220CDI

APR C180

seems a little expensive (for PI and used car)... if u compare it with a250 at 190k... a220 cdi 170+

dude.. are you comparing a A250 with a CLA220?

The used CLA220 has a stated omv of 43K. What's the estimate for the A250?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

dude.. are you comparing a A250 with a CLA220?

The used CLA220 has a stated omv of 43K. What's the estimate for the A250?

47k?

Comparing with A220 CDI which is priced 182k. Estimate 10% bump to CLA thus even new will be 205k tops....

• 5 weeks later...

hi bros "sifus",

anyone has experience with MB CDI cars? i am considering the CLA 220 CDI vs. CLA 200.

however, i heard from C&C that they will void the warranty if you pump Diesel in Malaysia. is this true? :(

thanks and appreciate your advice!

hi bros "sifus",

anyone has experience with MB CDI cars? i am considering the CLA 220 CDI vs. CLA 200.

however, i heard from C&C that they will void the warranty if you pump Diesel in Malaysia. is this true? :(

Yes not only c&c diesel model same as other marques in sg.

thanks blackmercs for your quick reply.

how about PIs? do they void their warranty if i pump in malaysia?

i read that pump a little and once in a blue moon will not have any impact to the engine, correct?

thanks!

any PI recommendation?

any comments on CDI engines?

thanks blackmercs for your quick reply.

how about PIs? do they void their warranty if i pump in malaysia?

i read that pump a little and once in a blue moon will not have any impact to the engine, correct?

thanks!

any PI recommendation?

any comments on CDI engines?

Call the PI and ask them. Also ask them the reason why cant be used so as to save yrself running one big round.

Hi YC3333,

i saw many good reviews in europe for the CDI220.

following consderations:

- powerful engine with high torque

- lower consumption compared to cgi

- cdi 220 comes with many factory fitted options that i like and it is available immediately

- went down to c&c and many options (pano-moonroof, reverse camera, full leather, amg body kit) must indent and have to wait until jan/feb 2014.

thanks and appreciate your advice

I think Malaysia still uses Euro 2 compliant diesel whereas the current new diesel cars are Euro 5 (but hor... I think SG also not yet using Euro 5 compliant diesel, should be Euro 4 nia; can anyone verify?)

Anyways, lower euro diesel has more sulphur content, and may dirty/clog your engine faster. See the logic why local dealerships don't want to cover your engine warranty?

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Local diesel are already Euro V.... And the Euro V Diesel vehicles LAW are going to start Jan 2014.... most Euro IV commercial vehicles are already being sold out and no stock going to come in... From what I know... Most Euro V lorries will start coming in by October end....

I think Malaysia still uses Euro 2 compliant diesel whereas the current new diesel cars are Euro 5 (but hor... I think SG also not yet using Euro 5 compliant diesel, should be Euro 4 nia; can anyone verify?)

Anyways, lower euro diesel has more sulphur content, and may dirty/clog your engine faster. See the logic why local dealerships don't want to cover your engine warranty?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 6 months later...

hi bros "sifus",

HI 

i driving a C220 CDI. Car is torquey and i like the drive.... consider only when u can tahan your car start up sound like a taxi... and not much aftermarket item u can find like exhaust and etc. as the setup of the car is different...

Yes not only c&c diesel model same as other marques in sg.

Was just looking at Peugeot today ... they have agent warranty covering even refill of diesel in Malaysia. Apparently their diesel engines have a special particulate filter which will burn off excess soot or something. Anyway, first diesel car I come across in SG that is Euro V compliant, and able to refuel in MY without issue.

Was just looking at Peugeot today ... they have agent warranty covering even refill of diesel in Malaysia. Apparently their diesel engines have a special particulate filter which will burn off excess soot or something. Anyway, first diesel car I come across in SG that is Euro V compliant, and able to refuel in MY without issue.

Thats a good news, hopefully the rest of marques will allow to top up msia diesel too.

this type of engine already very common..... It will auto burn off soots and you will see white smoke coming out of your exos..... And you're not suppose to switch off engine till it's fully done its job.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill